What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado State Game Thread

Vic Lombardi said this morning that Deion and CU better stop the "WWE" talking before every game or else be willing to pay the price on game day.

So we can now put Vic in the, "She was wearing a short skirt, so she was asking for it" camp. What a ****ing clown.
He is not right, but he is not wrong.
Prime has mentioned that he does not talk down to anyone, and technically he is right
But, everyone is saying that as the pregame scuffle was happening, Travis ran around howling that they were gonna beat them by 100
Everything is about hype and fun, but a weak-minded opponent could go crazy and do what #11 did because it is in their character, not controlled by a terrible coach, and they are young men with no control over emotions.

He is not right, but he is not wrong.
Prime has mentioned that he does not talk down to anyone, and technically he is right
But, everyone is saying that as the pregame scuffle was happening, Travis ran around howling that they were gonna beat them by 100
Everything is about hype and fun, but a weak-minded opponent could go crazy and do what #11 did because it is in their character, not controlled by a terrible coach, and they are young men with no control over emotions.
Dude

What?
I played High School and College Soccer and have been in games where guys' shins were literally broken through their shinguards in retaliation for talking ****. Travis' comments on his post last night sounded like a young man that is not going to talk any more crap before the games based on how he took the it was bound to happen in a game response. Less is more in the case of playing a game like Colorado State.
The whole country piled on them, and they came out swinging with dirty haymakers. It was pathetic, it was uncalled for, the coach was completely responsible, but it happened.

What?
I played High School and College Soccer and have been in games where guys' shins were literally broken through their shinguards in retaliation for talking ****. Travis' comments on his post last night sounded like a young man that is not going to talk any more crap before the games based on how he took the it was bound to happen in a game response. Less is more in the case of playing a game like Colorado State.
The whole country piled on them, and they came out swinging with dirty haymakers. It was pathetic, it was uncalled for, the coach was completely responsible, but it happened.
I missed the pre game where this stuff happened. I agree that running your mouth can lead to stuff like that. Boys will be boys. Some forgotten coach once said Let your skills do the talking

What?
Absolving dirty play by saying, "he had it coming for talking all that ****" is all you're (and Vic) doing. I'd spell out this mindset using the analogy I already posted, but you would surely say that's different.

Vic Lombardi said this morning that Deion and CU better stop the "WWE" talking before every game or else be willing to pay the price on game day.

So we can now put Vic in the, "She was wearing a short skirt, so she was asking for it" camp. What a ****ing clown.
Vic is washed. He’s on the pissy list because he’s not getting the scoop from Boulder anymore.

Absolving dirty play by saying, "he had it coming for talking all that ****" is all you're (and Vic) doing. I'd spell out this mindset using the analogy I already posted, but you would surely say that's different.
Did I absolve the dirty play?
Hell no, that was garbage from player to coach to organization
In the old school world, that dude would have be intentionally placed in a crossing route and would have been blown up and then there would be a sense of we are even.
The guy that broke my friends leg with a cleats up tackle was taken out countless times in that very game
When I was coaching, our best player was intentionally taken out and tore his ACL and almost lost his scholarship to New Mexico.
We came back and demolished the team that hurt him and got some shots on him within the confines of the game, but the opposing coaches in these scenarios were trash human beings, just like Norvell.
However, being the best player and talking trash, or implying anything that a weak-minded team could feel as disrespect triggers stupid people.

I'm actually a fan of playing chippy with a little extra something through the whistle and whatnot. I consider that hard nosed, good football and the way the game was meant to be played. I don't agree with late hits, head shots, crack back blocks or hunting knees. There's a very big difference between ratcheting up the violence in a battle of "who's tougher, me or you?" vs sniping opponents with cheap shots and trying to cause injury. I was pissed about Saturday because I feel that CSU crossed the line into the latter.

What?
I stopped reading at "I played High School and College Soccer..."

It's ok to acknowledge that Travis saying we'll put a 100 on them and Shedeur sticking his fingers in the helmet are bad looks no matter what precipitated them. The way to know they are bad looks are what the reaction would be around here if it happened to the Buffs, not a Buff doing it.

this is getting weird british bake off GIF by BBC

I know he always says he went to CU yadda yadda yadda but I am not sure he can handle CU being relevant. He's always been condescending concerning CU compared to his adoration for all things Notre Dame, god's gift to the college football world.

You’d have thought that this game would’ve hurt CU and helped CSU in the national perception.

But I just watched what the Around the Horn and PTI guys thought and saw remarks like “Colorado State played hard but they cheap shotted through the entire game. Conversely, they praised Colorado’s and Shedeur’s resolve and comeback win.

CSU’s and Norvell’s reputation has been stained. It could or may not hurt CSU’s recruiting. Who knows?
CSU has recruiting?

I know he always says he went to CU yadda yadda yadda but I am not sure he can handle CU being relevant. He's always been condescending concerning CU compared to his adoration for all things Notre Dame, god's gift to the college football world.
I’d be happy if Vic became a big supporter of our Buffs and what CP is creating here. The more people like Vic that jump on board, the better.

But will also say, to the ones who are negative, we’ve got a lot of people on our side cheering us on now. Either join us or get out of the way. Our story is too positive to waste time on those who want to criticize our program.

This is a local media issue. Even the non-CU DNVR folks yesterday were going on about how they wanted CU to lose because of 'underdogs' or to manage that 'little engine that could' type of narrative. The local media doesn't know what it looks like to support a Top 25 college program on a regular basis, so they default to ripping CU 'arrogance' or the 'lack of local players' or whatever it may be.

This is a local media issue. Even the non-CU DNVR folks yesterday were going on about how they wanted CU to lose because of 'underdogs' or to manage that 'little engine that could' type of narrative. The local media doesn't know what it looks like to support a Top 25 college program on a regular basis, so they default to ripping CU 'arrogance' or the 'lack of local players' or whatever it may be.
That’s really disappointing. For years there were all the snarky columns we’d read about the Buffs from the denver post. It never felt supportive. Almost as though they wanted us to lose… even though we’re the flagship University of the state of Colorado.

Cool thing is that we now have support from much bigger people and places and all across the country now.

That’s really disappointing. For years there were all the snarky columns we’d read about the Buffs from the denver post. It never felt supportive. Almost as though they wanted us to lose… even though we’re the flagship University of the state of Colorado.

Cool thing is that we now have support from much bigger people and places and all across the country now.
Yes - there is a hypocrisy with the local media. When CU is bad, then they are the constant butt of the joke. When they are good, then they are arrogant.

You will see the local narrative change for the rest of the season. Everyone had fun with the 3-0 start, but there will be more and more detractors going forth. Guarantee it

Yes - there is a hypocrisy with the local media. When CU is bad, then they are the constant butt of the joke. When they are good, then they are arrogant.

You will see the local narrative change for the rest of the season. Everyone had fun with the 3-0 start, but there will be more and more detractors going forth. Guarantee it
This

Has any member of the media seen or heard the threats? I’m assuming they’re emails/texts of some kind. Ought to be reasonably easy to verify.

I am pretty sure there are bounties on a few of our players. There is a difference in tackling and tackling hard, anyone that has played football knows that.
There's also a difference between tackling hard and a cheap shot that puts somebody in the hospital. I'm OK with tackling hard it's part of the game. I'm not OK with a cheap shot just to hurt somebody.

Back