What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official COLORADO vs Arizona Game Basketball Thread

All I have to say is Buff luck, not tough luck, but Buff luck..

And also:
Bill-Walton-292x360.jpg Old bill was high as balls tonight..

1. Arizona shooting lights out
2. UA big men athletic and dominating the rebound game inside
3. Zone defense locked down the Buffs
4. CU just throwing up desperation heaves

Recipe for disaster in this game. Boyle and crew couldn't answer with anything. I hope there are some big takeaways from this that lead to some controlled anger in the last 3 games that leads to better execution and a winning record to close out the regular season. A lot of things exposed today that I hope get cleaned up before the conference tourney because it's looking more like CU's regular season finish can't make them a lock for the NCAAs.

In a weird way, this debacle boosts our chances of winning at Utah. Had we been full of ourselves, it had the recipe of a lifeless CU road performance. Now we'll hopefully come out scrapping

This was like Stanford at home in 2012 in many ways. Our guys held up the white flag after they pushed it back to 12, but there's certainly a gap between the teams, even though it's certainly not 27
No doubt Arizona is better. They may be the best team in the country. No one is arguing that. You're acting like we don't belong on the same court as them, though, and I don't think that's the case. We should have at least been competitive.

He kept saying the crowd was booing him. Was the crowd giving Walton a hard time? I hope not.

No doubt Arizona is better. They may be the best team in the country. No one is arguing that. You're acting like we don't belong on the same court as them, though, and I don't think that's the case. We should have at least been competitive.

I think it's a bad matchup and a Vegas meeting would probably result in a 10-15 point loss. I certainly don't think losing by 27 at home is an accurate indicator. Absolutely not.

Going to see how Colorado plays when their back is against the wall. Really need to beat Utah. Not going to be easy to knock off Stanford or Cal. The Utes are probably the best chance to get a win.

He just said the game must be over if the crowd had turned on the announcers. It's actually a shame because he kept complimenting the crowd early in the game and saying how great it was to be in Boulder. What do the students have against Walton? I don't get it.

I think it's a bad matchup and a Vegas meeting would probably result in a 10-15 point loss. I certainly don't think losing by 27 at home is an accurate indicator. Absolutely not.
10-15 on a neutral court seems about right. In the Keg, I would expect single digits, with a realistic chance to win into the last couple of minutes.

He just said the game must be over if the crowd had turned on the announcers. It's actually a shame because he kept complimenting the crowd early in the game and saying how great it was to be in Boulder. What do the students have against Walton? I don't get it.
Not a fan personally. Too much embellishment and living in the glory days. Guessing it is because he does all our ESPN games.

We get our ass kicked on the court and they are chanting **** about the announcers. That's embarrassing. Makes CU basketball look bad.

We get our ass kicked on the court and they are chanting **** about the announcers. That's embarrassing. Makes CU basketball look bad.

Agreed. A lot of things from the game tonight were embarrassing. Don't take out frustration on the announcers. Let alone a basketball great. Just shut up and accept defeat like a classy program. Maybe one day we'll get there.. I just want to make the tourney and then get to next year. Big things ahead (I hope..)!

Agreed. A lot of things from the game tonight were embarrassing. Don't take out frustration on the announcers. Let alone a basketball great. Just shut up and accept defeat like a classy program. Maybe one day we'll get there.. I just want to make the tourney and then get to next year. Big things ahead (I hope..)!

Getting to the dance (very likely) and winning a Big Dance game (who knows, depends on matchup) is the mission. A tournament win would be an enormous springboard for next year.

AZ team was very good. AZ fans were annoying and disrespectful for the most part.\\

But then again, our students can act like ****s at times as well. But it's our house, and only we can **** in our house. If you're not one of us, use a public restroom at the bus station.

Last edited:
I now remember exactly what it's like to attend a CU football game. That smack thread looks dumb now. They ran us off the court

I was there until the bitter end and did not hear a single **** Bill Walton chant. He wasnt even mentioned so I don't know what the hell he is talking about. We were booing to get rid of the U of A chants.

OMG. The fans were booing whenever UofA fans started their damn chants. Had nothing to do with Walton.

Worst CU basketball game I have ever attended. UofA played like the #1 team that they used to be. Buffs played scared and lazy. Perfect ****storm. Pissed at Sean letting his team do what they did at the end, but he must have taken exception to XJ's comments as well. Good game cats, wish we could have provided the same.

AZ team was very good. AZ fans were annoying and disrespectful for the most part.\\

But then again, our students can act like ****s at times as well. But it's our house, and only we can **** in our house. If you're not one of us, use a public restroom at the bus station.
Agreed. AZ due to its fans is working up to the top of my least favorite schools. The AZ players seemed pretty classy and played extremely well as a team. AZ assists were about 25 to CU's 5. I really would have liked to have Gordon or Johnson on our team. Those two were very impressive.
Surprised at how many times we stopped guarding and the number of easy drives and wide open shots they had while we struggled to get off contested shots.
Highlight was Mills hitting a 3 pointer. Perhaps he is our secret weapon for the remaining games.
After closing the game to 4 points twice in the second half we stopped being effective on offense and defense.
Really need 1 or 2 road wins and 1 or 2 tournament wins to make the big dance. We seem to be rather streaky (to our extreme youth) and I wouldn't rule us out for winning the P12 Tournament.

I was there until the bitter end and did not hear a single **** Bill Walton chant. He wasnt even mentioned so I don't know what the hell he is talking about. We were booing to get rid of the U of A chants.

Okay if that's true that's fine. Maybe Walton heard wrong.

Yea I don't know why Walton said that. And Goose knows what I'm talking about, but whoever is running "The Keg's" twitter needs to go.

When did we start attempting to be classy or non-embarrassing fans? Let the students have fun, they are drunk college kids. Our fan base is hilarious, when is the last time you saw an entire student section kicked out of the stadium like the Nebraska game in 2005? LOL.

boyle "This loss is on me."

And he's right. I love Tad, but as I said in another thread (or maybe earlier in this one :huh:) ... I believe he totally failed to manage this game. He needs to get over his reluctance to call TOs at appropriate times (sorry Tad, but you're not John Wooden ... and you don't have Lew Alcindor or Bill Walton in your pocket). He let us get in a hole early in first half, and failed to respond when AZ started out hot at the beginning of the second. Unforgiveable IMO.

Well that was a **** show. Great job students and fans you were ready to tear the roof off that place.

Who played the worst? XJ, Talton or Booker? My vote goes to XJ. He was owned tonight, especially after talking ****.

When did we start attempting to be classy or non-embarrassing fans? Let the students have fun, they are drunk college kids. Our fan base is hilarious, when is the last time you saw an entire student section kicked out of the stadium like the Nebraska game in 2005? LOL.

These kind of comments remind me of that Matt Thompson guy here wanting the CU fans to rush Folsom Field and fight the CSU fans after they were celebrating at the 50 yard line after they beat us in 2009. You can still have fun without being a total jackass. And you look like a jackass when you are doing stupid **** when you are getting blown out. What happened in 2005 isn't something that should be celebrated.

And he's right. I love Tad, but as I said in another thread (or maybe earlier in this one :huh:) ... I believe he totally failed to manage this game. He needs to get over his reluctance to call TOs at appropriate times (sorry Tad, but you're not John Wooden ... and you don't have Lew Alcindor or Bill Walton in your pocket). He let us get in a hole early in first half, and failed to respond when AZ started out hot at the beginning of the second. Unforgiveable IMO.

Okay. Maybe next game Tad will hit some shots and play defense for the team.

Well that was a **** show. Great job students and fans you were ready to tear the roof off that place.

Who played the worst? XJ, Talton or Booker? My vote goes to XJ. He was owned tonight, especially after talking ****.

Agreed. Tad needs to confiscate his smart phone and/or make him cancel his Twitter account. Xavier ... just STFU and play.

Back