What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official COLORADO vs Arizona Game Basketball Thread

I will stick with my comment that the injuries to Dinwiddie and Fletcher ruined what could have been a special season. Vintage bad CU luck.

Wow you are just ****ing brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm certainly not saying I would favor us against either team but we have seen less talented Tad teams put it together. We showed tonight that when we aren't playing our "stupid" ball throwing it away or launching bad shots we do belong on the floor with them. They are a very talented team and well coached but they aren't perfect. A good game by us and a night when they aren't hitting their shots we could get them.

Having the "good" Ski show up would certainly help as well.

I don't doubt we can show up and play quality ball and beat an ASU, Stanford or Cal (or even a first round opponent who's a 7 or 8 seed). UCLA and Zona are just miserable matchups in terms of personnel this year with our current situation. While Eli stepped up, we had moments of McConnell vs Stalzer. That pretty clearly shows the gap that exists

I hate the Patriots...but I think the Buffaloes should take a lesson from them and not say **** that the media can put out there on them

Boyle comments on the "new rules" and we aren't getting the same kind of calls anymore

XJ makes comments about tonight, and you could tell that Arizona not only read them, but got motivation from them

Keep your mouths shut unless it is to praise the other team and give them NOTHING to put on a bulletin board

I hate the Patriots...but I think the Buffaloes should take a lesson from them and not say **** that the media can put out there on them

Boyle comments on the "new rules" and we aren't getting the same kind of calls anymore

XJ makes comments about tonight, and you could tell that Arizona not only read them, but got motivation from them

Keep your mouths shut unless it is to praise the other team and give them NOTHING to put on a bulletin board

Zona was on a mission tonight. Clearly out to prove those writing them off sans Ashley are mistaken. Hopefully we stew on this and go take care of Utah.

Tad has not managed this game well at all. And this is what we get when the "Bad Ski" shows up.

Sorry ... but there it is. Tad should have taken control early in the game when poor shot selection, lack of aggressive rebounding, and way too many transition buckets by AZ put us in major hole. And he didn't. It was a ****ing miracle that we were only down by 6 at the half.

I love Tad ... but he seriously needs to work on his game management ... particularly when it comes to momentum shifts.

I don't mind the talk, but you have to back it up. XJ needs to eat some crow in his post game remarks. He's a good player, but he and the buffs got dominated tonight.

I don't doubt we can show up and play quality ball and beat an ASU, Stanford or Cal (or even a first round opponent who's a 7 or 8 seed). UCLA and Zona are just miserable matchups in terms of personnel this year with our current situation. While Eli stepped up, we had moments of McConnell vs Stalzer. That pretty clearly shows the gap that exists

Yep. Arizona and UCLA are terrible match ups for this CU team. Thus the blowout losses.

Arizona's offense and defense have been impressive tonight. This Aaron Gordon kid can ball.

Zona was on a mission tonight. Clearly out to prove those writing them off sans Ashley are mistaken. Hopefully we stew on this and go take care of Utah.
Yep. That was their best shot right there. Unfortunately, we folded in the second half, but we weren't beating them tonight.

I'm certainly not saying I would favor us against either team but we have seen less talented Tad teams put it together. We showed tonight that when we aren't playing our "stupid" ball throwing it away or launching bad shots we do belong on the floor with them. They are a very talented team and well coached but they aren't perfect. A good game by us and a night when they aren't hitting their shots we could get them.

Having the "good" Ski show up would certainly help as well.

Arizona's defense definitely had nothing to do with how bad we played.

I don't disagree with you. They were more talented than us before the Mayor got hurt. On the other hand I saw signs tonight that when we play well this isn't a no hope match-up. Remember that this Arizona team has lost some games this year to teams less talented than we are like Arizona State and Cal.

It would take us playing our best game start to finish and Arizona not having their best night but it could happen.

The insecurity will apparently never go away. You just don't see UNC or Duke fans feeling the need to troll after beating Clemson. Odd group.

They want people to think they are that type of program but know themselves that they aren't and never will be.

I don't think Dinwiddie would have made much of a difference.

Probably a couple games. Some of the same issues reared their ugly head even with Dinwiddie, but having a lottery pick for conference play would have made a difference at times. Our lack of poise the first 10 minutes of this game wouldn't have been quite as drastic, for instance.

Well, that sucked.

I hope we still get in. Which, I think we will. This group is playing than they were right after Spencer went down but they still seem to have some deficits.

Probably a couple games. Some of the same issues reared their ugly head even with Dinwiddie, but having a lottery pick for conference play would have made a difference at times. Our lack of poise the first 10 minutes of this game wouldn't have been quite as drastic, for instance.

I was talking about tonight. Dinwiddie could have played - Arizona still could have picked their score. They were just a much better team tonight.

I was talking about tonight. Dinwiddie could have played - Arizona still could have picked their score. They were just a much better team tonight.
It was a 5 point game with 15-16 minutes to go. We had a young kid who made a couple of bad passes, they knocked down a couple of shots and it got away. There isn't a 30 point difference between the 2 teams.

For the love of Colorado, please, please, please let XJ's post game comments reflect the appropriate respect for Arizona's brilliant performance. The cats got it done. The buffs got flat out destroyed.

congrats, Zona.

Good thing we made no attempt to guard Gordon in the 2nd

It was a 5 point game with 15-16 minutes to go. We had a young kid who made a couple of bad passes, they knocked down a couple of shots and it got away. There isn't a 30 point difference between the 2 teams.

This was like Stanford at home in 2012 in many ways. Our guys held up the white flag after they pushed it back to 12, but there's certainly a gap between the teams, even though it's certainly not 27

1. Arizona shooting lights out
2. UA big men athletic and dominating the rebound game inside
3. Zone defense locked down the Buffs
4. CU just throwing up desperation heaves

Recipe for disaster in this game. Boyle and crew couldn't answer with anything. I hope there are some big takeaways from this that lead to some controlled anger in the last 3 games that leads to better execution and a winning record to close out the regular season. A lot of things exposed today that I hope get cleaned up before the conference tourney because it's looking more like CU's regular season finish can't make them a lock for the NCAAs.

KOA has Boyle honoring Beau and Ben on senior night.

nice comments.

boyle "This loss is on me."

Back