What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs ASU Basketball Game Thread

That was a lot of fun. Nice little warm snow after the game for the walk to the car. #greatnightinboulder

#tadball

+21 on the glass
31.5% defensive FG%
+11 FT attempts

tad ball vs Sendek ball. It's something. Not sure how I'd feel about running into them again in Vegas this year as opposed to Cal or Stanford. We should sweep ASU next year. Currently series is even at 3 apiece since we joined the Pac.

I just don't see it with XT.

Carson took 73% of his shots at the rim last night (11 of his 15 shots) He was blocked twice at the rim, once by Scott and once by Wes and they completely altered his shots down low. Carson drove to his right every time, except once where Talton overplayed and he crossed him over and went to the middle and ran into Scott. Talton picked up all 5 of his fouls on Carson, which results in shots every time.

The 6-2 Talton allowed Carson to collect 7 boards to his 4 and finished with 0 points, while holding Carson to 18. I think when Hopkins covered Carson, he did a much better job and I believe that he didn't allow Carson to get a shot off. Then they switched Talton over to Gilling and he kept floating to the middle, so they had to put Booker on Gilling. I'm sorry guys, I just don't se

I just don't see it with XT.

Carson took 73% of his shots at the rim last night (11 of his 15 shots) He was blocked twice at the rim, once by Scott and once by Wes and they completely altered his shots down low. Carson drove to his right every time, except once where Talton overplayed and he crossed him over and went to the middle and ran into Scott. Talton picked up all 5 of his fouls on Carson, which results in shots every time.

The 6-2 Talton allowed Carson to collect 7 boards to his 4 and finished with 0 points, while holding Carson to 18. I think when Hopkins covered Carson, he did a much better job and I believe that he didn't allow Carson to get a shot off. Then they switched Talton over to Gilling and he kept floating to the middle, so they had to put Booker on Gilling. I'm sorry guys, I just don't se

Jahi is one of the premier scorers in the nation, to think that Talton was going to completely shut him down is crazy. Hopkins was able to match Carson's speed and athleticism a bit more than XT was, I agree there. But I don't think XT did a bad job against a top 3 one-on-one player in the conference.

Jahi is one of the premier scorers in the nation, to think that Talton was going to completely shut him down is crazy. Hopkins was able to match Carson's speed and athleticism a bit more than XT was, I agree there. But I don't think XT did a bad job against a top 3 one-on-one player in the conference.

once again I am not saying Talton should have shut him down, but I would have expected to be aware that Carson likes to drive and that he pretty much can only drive to his right. Unless the gameplan was to get beat off the dribble and stay off his left him and push him into Scott so Scott could alter his shot, then it was a perfect game plan.

once again I am not saying Talton should have shut him down, but I would have expected to be aware that Carson likes to drive and that he pretty much can only drive to his right. Unless the gameplan was to get beat off the dribble and stay off his left him and push him into Scott so Scott could alter his shot, then it was a perfect game plan.

And Mariano Rivera likes to throw the two-seamer, Calvin Johnson likes fade routes to the back of the end zone, Kobe likes turnaround fadeaway when posting up, and Ovechkin loves wristers low to the stick side. My point is when one athlete is far superior to another it doesn't really matter if you know what is coming. XT did what was asked, did not allow Carson to torch us and used his helpside D well.

I agree, Carson falls apart when he is forced left. That said, some guys are still quick enough, even when you know where they are going, to get by you. That seems to be his game, getting to the rim. He isn't a great shooter.

so I probably shouldn't do since, since it isn't fair to XT, but I am an asshole. I went and looked at the ASU-UA game from last week. Carson only took 41% of his shots at the rim (remember 71% versus us) and was forced into a shooting foul. (He did cough it up 6 times, but Arizona is so elite that I don't even want to use that as a comparison). McConnell spent most of the game guarding Carson and I think he did a much better job forcing Carson into shooting jumpers.

so I probably shouldn't do since, since it isn't fair to XT, but I am an asshole. I went and looked at the ASU-UA game from last week. Carson only took 41% of his shots at the rim (remember 71% versus us) and was forced into a shooting foul. (He did cough it up 6 times, but Arizona is so elite that I don't even want to use that as a comparison). McConnell spent most of the game guarding Carson and I think he did a much better job forcing Carson into shooting jumpers.

Absolutely cannot compare XT to TJ McConnell.

Your position right now is the equivalent of asking in the football forum how come our running backs did not have the same success as KaDeem Carey or Bishop Sankey when we played mutual opponents.

so the offensive line is Talton's fault. gotcha :thumbsup:

Other than the obvious with scott, I was very impressed with DT. He came out on fire in the first half and got tentative after the refs got whistle happy. The more he plays the better he will become. Lots to like about his game when he plays up to his ability.

how about versus USC when Carson took 27% of his shots at the rim. Is that fair
maybe versus Washington when he took 58% of his shots at the rim
or Cal where he took 47% of his shots at the rim.

I just don't see how a 70%+ rate is amazing defense.

how about versus USC when Carson took 27% of his shots at the rim. Is that fair
maybe versus Washington when he took 58% of his shots at the rim
or Cal where he took 47% of his shots at the rim.

I just don't see how a 70%+ rate is amazing defense.

70% is not the good number. It is the fact that despite Jahii getting to the rim that often, he shot 6/18 from the field. Talton could not stop Jahii from driving, but he made him go left where Carson is not a good scorer. Becomes even more impressive when despite carson being allowed to the rim more often than in previous games, he was kept a notch behind his season average. Despite taking 70% of his shots at the rim, the conference's 2nd leading scorer had an average night. That happened because Talton and JHop drove him left.

70% is not the good number. It is the fact that despite Jahii getting to the rim that often, he shot 6/18 from the field. Talton could not stop Jahii from driving, but he made him go left where Carson is not a good scorer. Becomes even more impressive when despite carson being allowed to the rim more often than in previous games, he was kept a notch behind his season average. Despite taking 70% of his shots at the rim, the conference's 2nd leading scorer had an average night. That happened because Talton and JHop drove him left.

where are you getting the idea that Jahii was forced to go left? That only happened once.

I am watching the replay right now. So far I have counted twice that Carson was forced left, and he passed out of the drive once that happened. The drive he just scored on he drove right. Against Xavier Johnson.

I am watching the replay right now. So far I have counted twice that Carson was forced left, and he passed out of the drive once that happened. The drive he just scored on he drove right. Against Xavier Johnson.

tell me how many shots he has where he is forced left.

I don't believe anyone is claiming he played "amazing" defense. So you're basically mounting an argument against a non-existent party. What I am purporting is that Jahi has the ability to absolutely take over a game and put up 30-40 pts. XT did an admirable job at forcing him into bad/hurried shots and help defenders like Scott and Gordon. This helped us win the game, which by the way, I feel you are overlooking the fact that WE WON THE GAME GOING AWAY.

Back