What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs Minnesota game Thread

Lewis might get a better vision if he wasn’t being snow-blinded by all the white shirts coming down on him. If the line would just pop the defenders twice and drop. Might slow them down better. Rod is not a D-1 P5 line coach.
The O-blocking line in front of him has a lot to do with this but Lewis is looking more and more like Connor Wood did, a guy with the talent but who is completely in shock to the point that he can't even process what he is supposed to do.

Hey - self proclaimed experts like Duff Man were concerned we would not run Noyer off. Nice call.
I do not think Noyer is good, but he is needed for next season. Even from just a leadership perspective, things look a little strange without him.

I get not being wowed by Noyer, but rolling with Lewis, Shrout, and Carter seems pretty bad.

I do not think you need to downplay Lewis' performance to say Noyer being back would be ideal.

They might not have prepped for him, but he still went into a semi-hostile environment against a fired up team and showed out. You cannot ask much more out of a guy seeing his first collegiate action.

That takes nothing away from Noyer. His leadership was still on full display last night.

Noyer will be a very good QB2.

Anything else, dip****?

From idiot posters? C’mon man.
I know, I’m just saying that when the QB play makes people miss Noyer, it’s not good. And yes, this QB play makes me miss Noyer. That doesn’t mean he wasn’t best suited moving on, particularly at the time. Moral of the story, Shrout’s injury was far bigger than we thought at the time. I never thought Lewis would be this bad

No, and double no.

Dorrell hired this bunch to start with (other than Chiv and Hagan.) A lot of them are his buddies.

Also Dorrell was a head coach before and got fired because he and his staff didn't recruit. Did he learn from it an make changes this time around? No, arguably his recruiting (both effort and results) are worse.

If you are waiting for Dorrell to fix this mess it isn't happening.
I don’t think it will play out that way, but the only thing I can factually challenge in your statement is that they are all buddies on the offensive staff. They are not.

This is nothing short of a disaster. Th e OL is simply horrific. They cannot block anyone. Years of failure at OL recruiting is here to roost.

Fortunately HCKD can recruit his way out of this.

On the bright side, I am pretty sure CU would run the table in the Big Sky.

Glad I can’t drink anymore. I would be hammered before 1pm. I’m about to play video games and put the game on the second monitor as background noise.

I am sure somebody else has said it, but the scouting report on CU is probably, kick a FG, sit on the ball and win.

I know, I’m just saying that when the QB play makes people miss Noyer, it’s not good. And yes, this QB play makes me miss Noyer. That doesn’t mean he wasn’t best suited moving on, particularly at the time. Moral of the story, Shrout’s injury was far bigger than we thought at the time. I never thought Lewis would be this bad
As I’ve said before the Shrout injury was horrible because he seemed to be balling out. It also ripped out a huge part of the playbook via the offensive game play via the QB run. We can’t afford to let Lewis run 10-15 times a game. The injury risk would be too devastating.

As I’ve said before the Shrout injury was horrible because he seemed to be balling out. It also ripped out a huge part of the playbook via the offensive game play via the QB run. We can’t afford to let Lewis run 10-15 times a game. The injury risk would be too devastating.
At this point there is exactly zero risk in Lewis running a lot

Shrout’s injury was huge. Lewis is from a Texas 4A high school.

This is nothing short of a disaster. Th e OL is simply horrific. They cannot block anyone. Years of failure at OL recruiting is here to roost.

Fortunately HCKD can recruit his way out of this.

On the bright side, I am pretty sure CU would run the table in the Big Sky.

What have we ever seen from him that makes you think this is even a remote possibility.

I’m thinking maybe we should mix up our coverages a bit? I’ve never seen a decrease that literally can’t generate a pass rush run so much man coverage.

Back