What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs. Oregon game thread

Awesome Taraji P Henson GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Didn’t they lead the conference in rushing?
RPO and people selling out to stop the pass. The RPO is hard for us to do as Shedeur really isn't a threat to run. But they weren't creating running lanes like that last year if you watch their 2022-23 tape. Shedeur definitely has the brains and the passing ability to play in this offense but without the legs, it's hard to play a RPO styled attack. I think they should do more Air Raid concepts but all of these schemes require you to run block and we can't at this level.

Oregon, USC and Utah seem like truly a class above us. Oregon State is excellent but I doubt their overall talent compared to those other schools.

CU is perfectly capable of beating (and losing) to every other team on the schedule.
Oregon looks like theyre gonna be conference champs. Agreed that they appear to be a class above us with a senior QB and all the supporting talent. Oregon fwill face five ranked teams to reach the Conf Championships playing WSU, OSU, UW, UU, and USC. There are a few must see games coming up on that schedule.

This game called football is lost at the line of scrimmage and our OL got beat all day. Ive been saying for a couple weeks now that someone will beat us because of OL play. Without protection we cant do any of the things Sean and Deion want to do. Can someone please coach Shedeur into running 90° towards the sideline instead of running backwards when pressure comes?

We have a good defense but again the line scrimmage was lost here too. Oregon opened huge holes to run thru most of the day. The poor tackling in the 1st quarter didnt help.

Were not as bad as todays score. Prime has started a great foundation. He needs to go out and get some beef.

Sucks we might never play them again.

Last edited:
Not gonna read all this but I'm really happy for Dan Lanning and Oregon that they won their Super Bowl.

I wonder how Oregon will play the rest of the season, assuming they know it's still September.

RPO and people selling out to stop the pass. The RPO is hard for us to do as Shedeur really isn't a threat to run. But they weren't creating running lanes like that last year if you watch their 2022-23 tape. Shedeur definitely has the brains and the passing ability to play in this offense but without the legs, it's hard to play a RPO styled attack. I think they should do more Air Raid concepts but all of these schemes require you to run block and we can't at this level.
Hey #1, Shedeur seems to not value his ball fakes and overall ball handling enough to make that a useful way to create time and space

Not gonna read all this but I'm really happy for Dan Lanning and Oregon that they won their Super Bowl.

I wonder how Oregon will play the rest of the season, assuming they know it's still September.
After Lanning bull****. I hope they lose the rest of their games. BTW CSU is losing to Middle Tennessee state. Hopefully Oregon blew their load too. Not likely but I'd love to see it.

Is there a Top Flight OL Coach out there that would be a huge get for Prime?

I actually do not think many Assistants can and have risen to the Prime levels and figuring that out moving forward is going to be interesting
Isnt our OL a group of transfer that couldnt start wherever they were previously? Whoever that OL coach is you want he better be a good recruiter. You cant coach your way out of the strength disadvantages we seem to have. That takes a year in the weight room.

He let cameras in to see a speech thats meant to motivate players. He used that letting cameras in, and the media hype around this game, to his advantage as he peobably won some recruiting battles with it.
I hope those recruits enjoy the weather in Minneapolis and State College in November after a flight across 2-3 time zones and a 9 AM Pacific time kickoff.

After Lanning bull****. I hope they lose the rest of their games. BTW CSU is losing to Middle Tennessee state. Hopefully Oregon blew their load too. Not likely but I'd love to see it.

They get to play Stanford next week, so they'll win, but I bet they let down big time.

I'm glad Domineck didn't hurt Nix, especially in that way, but Lanning would have liked really bad if he did.

No. My Rebecca just called me to tell me that she is next door to the pizza place where she ordered from. But it won't be ready for 10 minutes. So she asked me if I would go pick it up.

When I said I wouldn't pick it up, she said, "Fine. But I don't want you to think I've been shopping this entire time."
At least someone got a win today.

This is the point I’ve made to several friends. Oregon was not broken when Cristobal left Eugene for Coral Gables. In fact, he restocked the lines on both sides and revamped their recruiting infrastructure. Prime turned over the worst team in America with substantially upgraded talent, but not enough on the lines to compete at this level.

This is not a never problem with Colorado. It is a not yet problem.

Back