What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs. Oregon game thread

Early season takeaways:

Very clear Lewis does not care to establish the run. Having a horrid OL doesn’t help
DL has a bunch of JAG’s on it. Cokes hasn’t flashed at all despite being named a pro prospect. Domineck is the only one who has shown anything. McClendon and Walker have been disappointing. No flashes at all
LB’s are terrible at run/pass defense. Thank god we picked up Mitchell.

We are 3-1 which is better than most would have predicted. I’ll take that

Watching the play back. I was wrong, Hunter is most missed on offense. Without him, everyone else has to move up and no one is capable of drawing the coverage Hunter does. No one. Weaver did better on 2nd viewing than I originally thought.

2 missed some reads but even those reads were 2 or 3 yards at most but it would have been catches in space but Oregon pursuit was too good. Deion says there are no talent deficiency with this team in the presser. I disagree. Especially on the OL. The DL wasn't as bad on 2nd watch. They just made too many mistakes and they lack depth. The LBs were awful outside of Mitchell who was really good.

Trevor had his worst game of the year. Shilo and Cam did well. Robinson was really good. And while Cooper did some good things, he couldn't guard Franklin 1v1 and expecting him to do so is delusional. I want to see Cormani more than late and on ST. Trevor was probably the worst player on D today.

The DL had moments but mistakes and depth was an issue. They were also too small. That's a personnel thing though. The defensive coaching was miles better than it was against Colorado State. They just couldn't get off the field when it was 4th down. They did better on 3rd down than last week.

Sad Happy Hour GIF
Don't project your attitude on my measured post. The sky is not falling for me.

Early season takeaways:

Very clear Lewis does not care to establish the run. Having a horrid OL doesn’t help
DL has a bunch of JAG’s on it. Cokes hasn’t flashed at all despite being named a pro prospect. Domineck is the only one who has shown anything. McClendon and Walker have been disappointing. No flashes at all
LB’s are terrible at run/pass defense. Thank god we picked up Mitchell.

We are 3-1 which is better than most would have predicted. I’ll take that
The Ducks writer talked about it in this article.

His belief is Cokes lost too much weight and he's just not big enough anymore.

The DL did some good things on a play by play basis but man, the big play killed them with penalties and once again, this team didn't wrap up and tackle well, again. 2nd straight week.

I'm the idiot that projected 3 to 4 wins. I'm on cloud 9.
I still think we win for sure against Arizona state, Stanford, Arizona. I think we can beat Oregon State as all of our home games are sell outs and Folsom will be tough for anyone to play in. WSU and UCLA on the road are both possible but we need to play a great game at both.

I think a win against SC would be amazing. It’s possible we play like a different team with something to prove next week. So maybe??

I still think we win for sure against Arizona state, Stanford, Arizona. I think we can beat Oregon State as all of our home games are sell outs and Folsom will be tough for anyone to play in. WSU and UCLA on the road are both possible but we need to play a great game at both.

I think a win against SC would be amazing. It’s possible we play like a different team with something to prove next week. So maybe??
I don't think we beat USC but having a home crowd could help.

I don’t have a problem with coach prime calling out keeping receipts and demanding people believe. I don’t really have an issue with lanning calling out the game. It wasn’t a fight.
Weird take. I don't think it's really typical for a coach to mock another team after beating the ever-living-**** out of them. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of another example of this.

I actually like our chances next week. I think (hope) we will will adjust offensively with more designed rollouts and some power running with McCaskill. Still need to get after the QB though especially with the reigning Heisman winner coming to town.

Weird take. I don't think it's really typical for a coach to mock another team after beating the ever-living-**** out of them. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of another example of this.
Maybe. I just think everyone is making too much out of what Lanning said. Especially a deleted tweet (was it even real?). Time to lick our wounds and move on

Maybe. I just think everyone is making too much out of what Lanning said. Especially a deleted tweet (was it even real?). Time to lick our wounds and move on
I agree. And Lanning can say what he wants. His team won, ours got its ass kicked.

But his energy around this game and those comments seem weird and petty to me.

I'm not really caught up on it. It just seems odd.

I actually like our chances next week. I think (hope) we will will adjust offensively with more designed rollouts and some power running with McCaskill. Still need to get after the QB though especially with the reigning Heisman winner coming to town.
Folsom Magic

Still think we lose by 14.5+

Jmo

Not outside of a rivalry game like OSU-Michigan, I don't think. He's unusually worked up about CU. Reminds me of how Harbaugh was at Stanford about USC to the point Carroll yelled, "What's your deal?"

Back