What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

i hope they repurposed these guys...

img_1473.jpg

So, if you flip a switch, does the ground start shaking and those guys scatter everywhere?

Last night's crowd reinforced my belief that the way to go with Folsom is a premium feel for seating in the lower bowl (chairbacks), better amenities, and expansion of the 200 ring to increase capacity -- making the 200s inexpensive seats. Folsom can and should push it to over 60k capacity but with a good 20k of those seats being under 100 bucks.

Last night's crowd reinforced my belief that the way to go with Folsom is a premium feel for seating in the lower bowl (chairbacks), better amenities, and expansion of the 200 ring to increase capacity -- making the 200s inexpensive seats. Folsom can and should push it to over 60k capacity but with a good 20k of those seats being under 100 bucks.

Spent a few TV timeouts telling my GF the same thing. Demolish or completely renovate balch and tear down the flatirons club and continue the concourse all the way to the opposite end zone. If they want to sell beer in ONLY (we'll call it new balch? Or maybe McCartney something?) there then don't punish your fans. What drives me crazy is if I want a beer they take the fan from the experience, that's nonsense. You're taking noise and excitement from your own team. Would love to see balch have permanent food establishments, bars with chairs and seating and lots of TV's to enjoy drinks before or during the game. BATHROOMS!!!!!!!!!! My biggest addition would be that you extend the 200's up slightly and put glass OPEN windows (unless seriously freezing) on balch just above the new concourse so that people can watch the game while being stuck in there. 2nd addition is that I would love that there was a 2nd level added to balch for fans to also go up there (like the rooftop) directly above and behind the new 200's with fire pits and more bars but no seating, standing only for people who want to be outside and watching the game while having a beer. Maybe you sell standing room only tickets here? But make this extend from where balch is all the way to the end zone. Keep in mind I say this because the strict "inside" beer policy. Top of it with a new flatirons club shifted slightly to the north to not block the flatirons too much and voila. Bathrooms, bars, open air game watching with beers, new suites, larger capacity and a much better atmosphere for that side.

I'm confused. This article says that naming rights have not been sold yet. So a large donation gets your name associated with a particular area but not official naming rights?

"CU would also like to sell naming rights to the Touchdown Club, Champions Center, the indoor practice facility and the rooftop terrace. The school is looking at selling donor and/or corporate naming rights."

It also says that George will work on future west side improvement planning concurrently while finishing the fund raising for the completed Champions Center Project. I think Rick is moving forward as fast as he possibly can. At this latest presentation to the regents he lays the foundation that he will be coming back in the future with new plans for west side work.
I love Rick George!

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cu...george-still-lot-work-reach-fundraising-goals

"George said naming rights will help to generate those capital funds, including putting a name on Folsom Field, and he said, "we're going to rename the Coors Events Center in time."

I'm sorry, but absolutely no. A name on Folsom field? That would be shameful.

"George said naming rights will help to generate those capital funds, including putting a name on Folsom Field, and he said, "we're going to rename the Coors Events Center in time."

I'm sure CU would accept your multi-million donation to keep the name the same:)

It's going to happen and needs to.

No one "likes" it. But, pragmatically, it's the world in which we live and competitive balance is at stake. Not a hill I'm willing to die on. In fact, I'll grit my teeth, welcome our corporate overlords, and even go out of my way to choose the products of those companies that support CU sports in this way.

I just can't agree, it's a legendary stadium, not jerrys world. Rename everything else with corporate sponsors but adding to Folsom is ****ing ridiculous and doesn't "need" to happen. No one else in the PAC 12 has that. I can't think of anyone outside of Texas tech and Louisville that are legit football programs that have sold their souls to corporate sponsors.

Sell the rights to additions INSIDE the stadium? Sure. Balch needs a renovation, bud light center at balch field house, something like that. But to change the name of a stadium that is what 93 years old now (?) is unnecessary. I won't change my opinion on that, it's just shameful.

I just can't agree, it's a legendary stadium, not jerrys world. Rename everything else with corporate sponsors but adding to Folsom is ****ing ridiculous and doesn't "need" to happen. No one else in the PAC 12 has that. I can't think of anyone outside of Texas tech and Louisville that are legit football programs that have sold their souls to corporate sponsors.

Sell the rights to additions INSIDE the stadium? Sure. Balch needs a renovation, bud light center at balch field house, something like that. But to change the name of a stadium that is what 93 years old now (?) is unnecessary. I won't change my opinion on that, it's just shameful.

Pac-12 Stadium names:

Arizona: Arizona Stadium (have publicly stated that naming rights are up for sale)
Arizona State: Sun Devil Stadium (have announced that naming rights are part of current reno & expansion project)
Cal: Kabam Field at California Memorial Stadium (video game sponsorship)
Colorado: Folsom Field (looking for naming rights of stadium)
Oregon: Autzen Stadium (no sponsorship, even the field is named after Coach Rich Brooks)
Oregon State: Reser Stadium (renamed in 1999 from Parker Stadium when Reser pledged $5MM over 10 years/ $12.5MM over 25)
Stanford: Stanford Stadium (family sponsored field name; also auctioned off rights for sponsoring each coaching position title)
USC: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (owned by the public)
UCLA: Rose Bowl (owned by a non-profit)
Utah: Rice-Eccles Stadium (named after main fundraising individuals for stadium projects)
Washington: Alaska Airlines Field at Husky Stadium (airline sponsorship)
Washington State: Martin Stadium (named after state governor)

Last edited:
Pac-12 Stadium names:

Arizona: Arizona Stadium (have publicly stated that naming rights are up for sale)
Arizona State: Sun Devil Stadium (have announced that naming rights are part of current reno & expansion project)
Cal: Kabam Field at California Memorial Stadium (video game sponsorship)
Colorado: Folsom Field (looking for naming rights of stadium)
Oregon: Autzen Stadium (no sponsorship, even the field is named after Coach Rich Brooks)
Oregon State: Reser Stadium (renamed in 1999 from Parker Stadium when Reser pledged $5MM over 10 years/ $12.5MM over 25)
Stanford: Stanford Stadium (family sponsored field name; also auctioned off rights for sponsoring each coaching position title)
USC: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (owned by the public)
UCLA: Rose Bowl (owned by a non-profit)
Utah: Rice-Eccles Stadium (named after main fundraising individuals for stadium projects)
Washington: Alaska Airlines Field at Husky Stadium (airline sponsorship)
Washington State: Martin Stadium (named after state governor)

So Washington and cal basically (for now), UCLA doesn't count because the rose bowl has always been the rose bowl. im sure we'd all prefer a donation to name the stadium (like most others). Either way I hate the idea of a corporate sponsorship. Kraft macaroni stadium at Folsom field. Boo.

Last edited:
Duluth Underwear @Folsom Field. Why dont they talk to beer companies? Anyway hope they pick a good one, I was just joking with the first one.

Would be allsome if we could get Google since they're making such a big commitment to their Boulder office right now. Would love to see a deal where they did some tech stuff in the stadium and got the naming rights. Folsom Field at Google Stadium would be fine.

So Washington and cal basically (for now), USC doesn't count because the rose bowl has always been the rose bowl. im sure we'd all prefer a donation to name the stadium (like most others). Either way I hate the idea of a corporate sponsorship. Kraft macaroni stadium at Folsom field. Boo.
You're distinguishing between a donor coughing up money to get the stadium named after them versus a company doing the same, but for marketing purposes? I don't really see much of a difference - both are paying for naming rights.

You're distinguishing between a donor coughing up money to get the stadium named after them versus a company doing the same, but for marketing purposes? I don't really see much of a difference - both are paying for naming rights.

You're right. No difference between KFC yum center and a stadium named after a philanthropist or donor.

Back