What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

SEI website says Champions Center will have 'Team Dining Facilities' but I thought I read that Training Table will remain in Dal Ward. Are these different things?

SEI website says Champions Center will have 'Team Dining Facilities' but I thought I read that Training Table will remain in Dal Ward. Are these different things?

training table will be on the 3rd floor. The same space will be converted to a club level on game days for the champions club seats in that corner. Either the CC will be football only or they are removing the Dal Ward training table and replacing it with more academic space.

training table will be on the 3rd floor. The same space will be converted to a club level on game days for the champions club seats in that corner. Either the CC will be football only or they are removing the Dal Ward training table and replacing it with more academic space.

DW map still shows a training table so I guess there will be one for football only in the new bldg.http://cusustainableexcellence.com/dal-ward.html

That doesn't really matter to me as long as it's done by August.

But it's very disappointing that they're now looking at January for the IPF. That is a major letdown for recruiting with December visits, especially this year with the early signing day in Dec being tested out (along with the Dec Grad JUCOs who will enroll in January).

As long as it is ready for next spring, I will not worry much about recruiting implications.

That doesn't really matter to me as long as it's done by August.

But it's very disappointing that they're now looking at January for the IPF. That is a major letdown for recruiting with December visits, especially this year with the early signing day in Dec being tested out (along with the Dec Grad JUCOs who will enroll in January).
It'll be close enough to completion for recruits to tour it and envision it. The exterior should be close to completion. The interior will be at least 80% done.

Another video walkthrough discussing some of the finer details:

[video]http://www.cubuffs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=3728623[/video]

The latest date I had heard for the CC is August 1. That is perfectly fine with me. The training facility done by the beginning of fall camp, and the IPF done in time for the last few OV's before signing day is not a bad time line.

Another video walkthrough discussing some of the finer details:

[video]http://www.cubuffs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=3728623[/video]

Pretty awesome. Not to be a nancy pants, but it kind of sucks that they are staring straight at the opposing teams fans when they run out of the tunnel....

Pretty awesome. Not to be a nancy pants, but it kind of sucks that they are staring straight at the opposing teams fans when they run out of the tunnel....

Reminds me of a game, I think against Oklahoma when Cortlen Johnson scored a touchdown and gave the "sshhh" finger right in front of their fans. When we're good, staring down the opposing teams' fans isn't so bad.

At some point, the west side will be re-developed and those opposing fans will be moved out of premium seats near the field.

There is only one other route that would work, and that wouldn't make any sense, so no.

Back in the days long before the Dal Ward Center was built, the football team entered the field from a set of doors right in the middle of the lockerroom complex. Not at the East side. Ralphie ran from there.

Depending on how they work it out, this won't be a big deal.

Two options:
A) a thunder shoot outside the locker room that is "L" shaped and points the team to the south.
B) move the visitors from 101 & 102 to section 109 & 203

Two options:
A) a thunder shoot outside the locker room that is "L" shaped and points the team to the south.
B) move the visitors from 101 & 102 to section 109 & 203

I thought that was odd too when I first saw the design. The team is going to have to make a hard left coming out of the locker room behind Ralphie. It seems awkward.

I thought that was odd too when I first saw the design. The team is going to have to make a hard left coming out of the locker room behind Ralphie. It seems awkward.

The pizza slice shaped recessed corner under the Champions Center is dead space and makes for a strange architectural choice. The corner where the players will exit as well as the gaint concrete wall leading out of the stadium does not fit the architectural vernacular of the stadium's east side, neighboring Dal Ward, or of the campus in general.

The architect didn't prioritize blending the seating area and aesthetics of having clean lines. But at this point, what is done is done. Fingers crossed that there is some beneficial functionally that comes from the empty pie corner.

Last edited by a moderator:
To what? Come out of the new tunnel? Guarantee you the handlers could not steer here like that.
Bring him in at gate 6, down the stairs through the student section over the rail, diagonally across the field. Easy peasy.

The pizza slice shaped recessed corner under the Champions Center is dead space and makes for a strange architectural choice. The corner where the players will exit as well as the gaint concrete wall leading out of the stadium does not fit the architectural vernacular of the stadium's east side, neighboring Dal Ward, or of the campus in general.

The architect didn't prioritize blending the seating area and aesthetics of having clean lines. But at this point, what is done is done. Fingers crossed that there is some beneficial functionally that comes from the empty pie corner.

The concrete does match the look of the east side and Dal Ward.

You may not like it, and I agree it could have been more interesting but it is an architectural choice that is carried out from Dal Ward through the east side.

stadium concrete 2.JPGstadium concrete.JPG

That striped, tiered concrete is repeated all over the stadium.

Could you give a rendering of that pizza slice with flagstone on the upper two thirds Skiddy?

I think that for events you need to be able to enter the stadium from over there. Whether we're talking machinery (4th of July / concerts) or athletes (Bolder Boulder). The value of the stadium goes beyond football.

Back