What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

Could you give a rendering of that pizza slice with flagstone on the upper two thirds Skiddy?

Reality - Bare concrete & empty pizza shaped corner gap that looks a little rapey.

6e8c810e4311d40abe03996cd0fc2f4d.jpg

Shopped for enhanced consistency with CU's architectural vernacular.
164cdb17e518379c13e6fc2ab58ad83e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will there be any kind of 'hall of fame' area in the new building for public walk-thrus or was that designed out? I never knew about the area in Old Main and have not visited. I need to remember to do that one day when I'm up in Boulder.

Will there be any kind of 'hall of fame' area in the new building for public walk-thrus or was that designed out? I never knew about the area in Old Main and have not visited. I need to remember to do that one day when I'm up in Boulder.

There will be an area like that from the elevator to the recruiting lounge. Not sure what areas will be open to the public.

Say, I see concrete trucks turning down into the "hole" of the pending parking garage. You construction savy Buffs among us, are they still pouring caissons at this point? Or are we ready to make the dirt start to disappear? I'm curious when they might start to get the floor of the parking garage to happen? Will be pretty cool to start getting rid of the dirt floor :nod:

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=209458799

Just wondering how that takes shape?

First- obligatory "that's what she said"

Next- I can't wait to start getting some in-person looks inside this bad boy. You'd think the excitement would be wearing off during such a long process, but it's actually building up for me
That's why they call it a steel erection.

[QUOTE???I=GoonieBuff;1759999]She's the opposite of NASCAR, and that's another reason why I love her.[/QUOTE]

She makes nothing but right-hand Turns?!

Got word last week from an AD rep that tours would be happening the day of the Spring Game. Got invited in but will be heading back from Vegas that day so will not get in on this tour. She did say I could get a tour set up at any time I wanted and all I had to do is call and ask. Nik, you may want to lob a call in and see if you can get one set up.

So, the roof/terrace appears almost done. With the building almost closed up, I would assume things can kick into high gear on the interiors?

Last edited:
hope the snow and cold isn't setting them back too much...

They are doing a lot of work under the tarps. The parking lot is still just as full as normal so they are still doing something in there. Should be fine. They plan for this kind of stuff.

Remember when there was serious discussion about whether the lambs would start building a new stadium before we started on an IPF?

Things are changing in a positive way at CU.

Got word last week from an AD rep that tours would be happening the day of the Spring Game. Got invited in but will be heading back from Vegas that day so will not get in on this tour. She did say I could get a tour set up at any time I wanted and all I had to do is call and ask. Nik, you may want to lob a call in and see if you can get one set up.

I'll be taking a tour. I'd like to see if I can hook up with another one in July or August, too.

Went on a facility tour. Really impressive stuff, even though they are still in the process of framing the place out. uploadfromtaptalk1426448655396.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426448680557.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426448703424.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426448731623.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426448763719.jpg

Cool tour. Lotta room down there. Our tour guide said 15,000 truckloads of dirt removed and I heard another say 20,000. They will have garage doors that go straight from the weight room to the indoor field. All of the renderings in there look great. Excited to see when it's done.

Cool tour. Lotta room down there. Our tour guide said 15,000 truckloads of dirt removed and I heard another say 20,000. They will have garage doors that go straight from the weight room to the indoor field. All of the renderings in there look great. Excited to see when it's done.

Absolutely floored me when she said 15000 loads....crazy!

Those cool down pools are pretty amazing.... several of them, and huge.

Back