What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

2110_Party_Deck.jpg

That's how Tulane's party deck turned out. I guess it's close to the field, not much else.

A couple of interesting things happened recently on the east side

progress 06-17.JPG

Green: Interior walls going up that separate the IPF from the weight room. I would imagine the openings will be framed out and the garage doors will be installed shortly, which would allow the weight room to be used while construction is continuing.

Blue: Precast panels beginning to go up around the base of the IPF.

A couple of interesting things happened recently on the east side

View attachment 16589

Green: Interior walls going up that separate the IPF from the weight room. I would imagine the openings will be framed out and the garage doors will be installed shortly, which would allow the weight room to be used while construction is continuing.

Blue: Precast panels beginning to go up around the base of the IPF.

If the doors are glass I wonder if the walls are temporary until they finish most of the IPF as they wouldn't want to take chances they could break...
plus could be safety issue if the weight room is going to be used prior to IPF being finished.

Last edited:

If the doors are glass I wonder if the walls are temporary until they finish most of the IPF as they wouldn't want to take chances they could break...
plus could be safety issue if the weight m is going to be used prior to IPF being finished.

I think you a) worry too much about potential damage b) underestimate the durability of those kinds of doors.

The contractor would take every precaution possible if they put the glass in, because it would be on their dime if they would need to be repaired.

Looks like they have deck forms up inside the IPF for the parking garage, if I'm not mistaken. Too bad the camera view is so obscured.

I think you a) worry too much about potential damage b) underestimate the durability of those kinds of doors.

The contractor would take every precaution possible if they put the glass in, because it would be on their dime if they would need to be repaired.

Not an expert by any means, just thinking of OSHA and that kind of thing. They have the equipment guys wearing vests and hard harts in the new equipment room

Not an expert by any means, just thinking of OSHA and that kind of thing. They have the equipment guys wearing vests and hard harts in the new equipment room
Often they will put in a temporary door during construction. Just a cheap one. Kind of like a girl friend. Just toss it when your done and replace it with a nice one when your ready to move in.

Apparently the S&C staff will move in the second week in July. The CU sports medicine and performance center will open July 15.

So, the reason for the hole in the parking garage is revealed. It's a crane access way. Doing it that way presented an issue for the engineers. Those huge frames create an enormous lateral force at the base of the frame column. The column "wants" to kick out away from the building. Usually, the floor slab goes in first with reinforcement tying the opposing columns together. With the "hole" through the slab for crane access, they couldn't do that. So, somehow, it sounds like they used the kind of partial cantilevered slabs on each side to resist the forces.

Hokie, is this you? "world-renowned vibrator consultant Thomas Murray of Virginia Tech"

WTF? "
radiation remediation in an area that had served as a testing site for nuclear devices during World War II"

Fixed to more accurately represent Hokie's strengths.
:smile:

Hokie, is this you? "world-renowned vibration consultant Thomas Murray of Virginia Tech"

WTF? "
radiation remediation in an area that had served as a testing site for nuclear devices during World War II"

1. No. I'm a software geek.
2. Hey, engineering should create practical devices that make the world better. I WISH I was an expert in those. Imagine how fun organizing and observing the usability testing must be.

Fixed to more accurately represent Hokie's strengths.
[emoji2]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back