What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

East side and IPF really moving along. Interesting how they are doing the IPF in segments (including the roof) due to the crane 'notch' issue described in the earlier linked article.

Time for another @Shldr2Shldr pic update.

progress 6-23(2).jpg

Light Blue: East Facade is progressing quickly. The use of different sized and different textured stone is looking very good.
Orange: Precast panels going in. Looks to be the start of some kind of arch.
Green: Metal Decking going up on this section of IPF. The construction method is weird because they appear to be finishing a section before moving on.

progress 6-23.jpg

Blue: Windows and doors going in on coaches balcony
Pink: Facade going in on the south corner
Yellow: Bridge installed and being finished
Orange: Tower is getting decking and will be topped with tile shortly
Green: Stone work completed. Missing some precast panels and some louvers for the HVAC on top

In general lots of roofing work going on, they appear to be closing in on the "Dried In" milestone. Pace has picked up again now that the rain has let up for a bit.

Thanks. They are hoping for an open house in August for the IPF and still have no idea how the tickets for the party deck will work.

Thanks. They are hoping for an open house in August for the IPF and still have no idea how the tickets for the party deck will work.

Is it really that hard?

Give season tickets holders "VIP" Access to the rooftop (free access, and 1 drink per visit), single game passes are $15 and include a drink voucher. Done. Guarantee that deck would be sold out each weekend.

Is it really that hard?

Give season tickets holders "VIP" Access to the rooftop (free access, and 1 drink per visit), single game passes are $15 and include a drink voucher. Done. Guarantee that deck would be sold out each weekend.

From what i gathered they may try to sell the whole thing out to a company for a game. So they are pursuing those relationships first.

So how do you allow ticket holders to buy access? By priority points?

From what i gathered they may try to sell the whole thing out to a company for a game. So they are pursuing those relationships first.

So how do you allow ticket holders to buy access? By priority points?

First step would be to replace the standard ticket set up with cards for season ticket holders. (NFL does this)

Then it would be first come first serve I think for access to the deck. The folks that want to be up there will get there early enough to get tin the door.

The arch on the IPF is the big (Kalwal or glass?) window. What are the big styrofoam block forms on the roof?

Coach Baer tweeted this pic

2e0bece52da3fcaa4891ea3cad086212.jpg

https://twitter.com/coachajbaer/status/614070063893647360

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i bet rio grande is going to be sponsoring the rooftop deck. they've had their advertising on the big screen all morning. would make sense.

They made some serious progress in the last few days on the section in place.

[tweet]615620526036221952[/tweet]

Last edited:
Drove by on Folsom on Saturday after lunch with my FIL. No picture I have seen has done justice to how big the IPF structure is going to be!

Walked around Folsom today, took some pretty decent photos will report back soon.

Back