What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

I dont see Walters coming here as a DC. HIs raise this year put him as top 3 in BIG and top 10 nationally for his position.
750K buyout for non-head coaching position outside of the BIG.

I dont see Walters coming here as a DC. HIs raise this year put him as top 3 in BIG and top 10 nationally for his position.
750K buyout for non-head coaching position outside of the BIG.
Only $750K? Pfffft! Chump change for a big spender like CU. We’ve offered Deion $10 or $15 million and set aside $20 or $30 million per for the staff. Something like that.

After this is all over, im gonna MTN the **** out of a post about the timeline of events that leads to all of this LOL
do it party hard GIF

Hiring Deion would be a stroke of genius if CU can pull it off. The CU program is looked upon as a hopeless bottom feeder at the moment, and the CU program is irrelevant on the national scene. As a result, the CU head coaching job is a really tough job to fill, as evidenced by about 90% of the national media saying that Deion shouldn't take the job.

But hiring Deion totally and immediately changes the narrative and puts CU back in the national conversation. It doesn't matter how long Deion would stay at CU, and it doesn't really matter how well Deion does as coach. Anything success he has will be looked upon as an improvement. Hiring the next guy now becomes that much easier once CU has shown a commitment to winning by hiring Deion.

This really needs to happen, or there is no telling how much longer CU remains where it is otherwise.

No way. How many blue bloods fire a HC and promote an assistant on the fired coach’s staff? He’s better off being a successful HC elsewhere first.
Dabo Swinney and Ed Orgeron are two examples of internal hires after a coach is fired. Ryan Day and Lincoln Riley after Hall of Fame coaches retire. It's not unheard of, but I hope Hartline goes to Cinci. Eliminating competition for Deion is cool with me

Partially true.

Walters is coming as DC.

Prime will be the HC.

Day's considering coming as OC because this is so big that his advisors are telling him it would be a more prestigious job than being HC at tOSU.

Also, Nikita is going to start arranging weekly 3-ways for us with any woman I put on a wish list.

FACT!!!
Feel like we're heading towards the Pillow Talk thread with this one.......

Dabo Swinney and Ed Orgeron are two examples of internal hires after a coach is fired. Ryan Day and Lincoln Riley after Hall of Fame coaches retire. It's not unheard of, but I hope Hartline goes to Cinci. Eliminating competition for Deion is cool with me
Good call on Orgeron. Tommy Bowden resigned making way for Dabo so not exactly the same, but I still don’t think attaching yourself to a head coach who you’re rooting to fail is a good strategy for becoming a HC.

I think Ryan Walters is a stellar athlete, coach, former Buff and all around great person. I’d be very happy with him as coach at CU. I agree that he doesn’t need to do anything more to prove himself. I think it’s hard for anyone to compete with DS but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Walters as someone in as high demand for HC positions next year. If DS doesn’t work out, I hope he’d consider coming to CU. Really DS and RW are both great options IMO.

I had to edit this to add that IF DS brought RW here as our defensive coordinator, that would be absolutely amazing.
Why do people keep talking about this? Where did that idea even come from? I thought Coach Sanders specifically said he was considering FBS/P5 in order to get his assistants paid.

Back