What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Oregon Pregame/Game Thread

Is the defense now garbage and the offense good or how come we scored 29 and Lewis had actually really decent numbers?

Well, since I started, inadvertently, a player parent jihad earlier this week, I stayed silent during the game.

B Lewis is going to be good. The OL seemed to respond to competent coaching and offered some protection at times and opened some holes. Very encouraging,

Absolutely mind bottling HCKD and staff could not see Corporal Gumbo wasn't up to the task until 20 months into his reign of terror.

The D suffered without Landman, and playing a team that looks like they are in fast forward at all times at home doesn't help.

Signs of life though, and at this point, I'll take that.

This was a no hoper from the get go because CU simply cannot match the talent the top 2-3 teams in the P12 have, but it could have been a lot worse.

Go Buffs, beat the Beavers.

Haven’t watched the game yet, Fox doesn’t come in on my TV…been this way for years, even at my old house, so I have it set to record in the wee morning hours on FS1 or FS2.

Not surprising that the offense did better with out Private Gumbo uncoaching of the Oline all week. Also not surprised that the defense floundered without Landman.

Rice sounds like he put his money where his words during the post game presser were, and stepped up his playing…maybe getting more target opportunities helps too (shocker). B. Lew looking better/more confident behind a revitalized line is also not much of a shocker.

passively watching the Auburn Ole Miss game…makes me kind of sad that Harsin wasn’t a target. Mike Bobo seems like a competent OC…then again it’s the SEC and Auburn…

Spent much of the day napping off my COVID booster lethargy so didn't watch the game. Just checked the final score and I'm...actually surprised. I can't say anything about how they looked play-wise, but the fact that we didn't get rolled by the #7 team (FWIW) in the country? Not terrible.

Haven’t watched the game yet, Fox doesn’t come in on my TV…been this way for years, even at my old house, so I have it set to record in the wee morning hours on FS1 or FS2.

Not surprising that the offense did better with out Private Gumbo uncoaching of the Oline all week. Also not surprised that the defense floundered without Landman.

Rice sounds like he put his money where his words during the post game presser were, and stepped up his playing…maybe getting more target opportunities helps too (shocker). B. Lew looking better/more confident behind a revitalized line is also not much of a shocker.

passively watching the Auburn Ole Miss game…makes me kind of sad that Harsin wasn’t a target. Mike Bobo seems like a competent OC…then again it’s the SEC and Auburn…
Yeah. I think the OL was fired up and we had a hot QB. That led to 14 points in 3 quarters against a team that was coasting against an inferior opponent.

We knew we were going to suck on defense without Landman, so the outcome has zero shock effect.

I thought we looked modestly competent on offense against a Top 10 team that beat Ohio St.

I really thought the Ducks would completely truck us and lost money on the game. But I'm encouraged by how different the offense looked than any time this season.

PS - What happens next year when Landman has no more eligibility?

And with that ... Carter's redshirt gets burned
Who cares at this point? I have been one pushing for him to play and run the offense in garbage time, but he probably isn't the guy for this staff. If KD gets fired, he probably won't be the guy for the next staff. Better to just cycle him through.

We knew we were going to suck on defense without Landman, so the outcome has zero shock effect.

I thought we looked modestly competent on offense against a Top 10 team that beat Ohio St.

I really thought the Ducks would completely truck us and lost money on the game. But I'm encouraged by how different the offense looked than any time this season.

PS - What happens next year when Landman has no more eligibility?
We better be hitting the transfer portal hard for LBs. nobody, not even Barnes, is P5 linebacker on this roster currently.

Positives
1. O better. I actually didn’t mind the screens and lateral passes. Kept B Lew upright and not thinking.
2. RBs played hard broke tackles and fell forward.
3. OL much better

negatives
1. Mark Perry. So bad, avoids contact at all costs
2. LBs probably the least talented unit on the D outside of S. Didn’t matter who played Ham, Perry, Lamb… etc. no good. Serious problem for next year.
3. DL manhandled all day. Could just be Oregon OL being very good but group didn’t play well.
4. CBs looked lost all day. Bad game by Blackmon in coverage and run support.

We get worked on RB throws, screens, and misdirection. So why do we play a 4-3 with overactive LB against a superior opponent?
Seems like a 3-3-5 with patience and zone would be better. Their QB was not super accurate. Take the death by a hundred cuts with them running a bit, instead of 7 guys rushing and then going oh my gosh the RB or WR has it already on a screen. We CANNOT cover RB’s or TE’s anywhere on the field

We get worked on RB throws, screens, and misdirection. So why do we play a 4-3 with overactive LB against a superior opponent?
Seems like a 3-3-5 with patience and zone would be better. Their QB was not super accurate. Take the death by a hundred cuts with them running a bit, instead of 7 guys rushing and then going oh my gosh the RB or WR has it already on a screen. We CANNOT cover RB’s or TE’s anywhere on the field
The defense gave up 250 yards on the ground in 7 yard chunks. The inability to cover RBs and TEs was only one of the many problems

Finally watched the game this morning. Oregon just has athletes, period. All positions and depth…lots of dudes…that true Frost QB will be good, if he keeps on the same track. That 260 lb backer they have is as smooth as they come. I was very surprised to not hear Thibidoux’s name a bunch. A week of not being uncoached probably did wonders for the line just enough.

B. Rice is going to be a guy…better yet, he will be more of a guy. That’s who Lewis needs to get an A-1 type of chemistry bond with. If Carpenter can get into an open field situation…he will fly. He might need a few pounds on him, if they plan using him in sweeps. It seems there is some potential in the young receivers.

The LB situation in Boulder is sad. No Landman next year will spell disaster in the current state. Safety will need some help. Maybe move Barnes to more of a Star type roll, and get a kid or two ready to move and hit at LB from the portal? Without Landman the D is as flat as a day old beer sitting out in the sun.

hopefully there are two more wins on the schedule for this team. I’ll be shocked to hit 5-7…or even 4-6 this year.

Back