What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Oregon State Pregame/Game Thread

SerenityBuff

The 2-6 Buffs take on the 5-3 OSU Beavers. Beavs are improving, but are 1-4 on the road this season. OSU is coming off a road loss to Cal, although they handed Utah their only conference loss last week.

Not feeling confident about this game if Landman can't go. OSU is all about running right at you.

The 2-6 Buffs take on the 5-3 OSU Beavers. Beavs are improving, but are 1-4 on the road this season. OSU is coming off a road loss to Cal, although they handed Utah their only conference loss last week.

That’s some fancy math with the beavs overall and road records…

They are a pretty good team this year. Not sure why they weren’t able to stop cal yesterday. Hoping for the best with the buffs.

Is Noyer playing safety?

if the Buffs have one more in them, they need to get back for what the Beavs did in 2018.

CU actually matches up with OSU really well as OSU is not super fast in any facet. OSU will out coach CU, but a lot depends on Landman's status. Even if he is go a I wonder how effective he will be. Gotta keep their run game in check as they love to playaction.

I wouldn't be pissed if we went all Viska here with Rice. Feed that guy the ball.

Line is probably right where it needs to be.

How much has the defense given up?

Anything specific on landman’s injury? Is it likely he is out next week?

Watched both teams live in successive weeks. I think CU has the better defense - maybe even without Landman. Wasn’t blown away at all by what OSU has. Key is clearly stopping Baylor (their RB). Do that and their very mediocre QB will throw enough interceptions to gift you the game. But will come down to your OL. CU with even a mediocre OL wins this game handily. Not sure what changes (if any) the guy who stepped in for your OL coach can implement in such a short period of time, but if he can work some magic you have a real shot.

Watched both teams live in successive weeks. I think CU has the better defense - maybe even without Landman. Wasn’t blown away at all by what OSU has. Key is clearly stopping Baylor (their RB). Do that and their very mediocre QB will throw enough interceptions to gift you the game. But will come down to your OL. CU with even a mediocre OL wins this game handily. Not sure what changes (if any) the guy who stepped in for your OL coach can implement in such a short period of time, but if he can work some magic you have a real shot.
**** Baylor

I remember some jumping my **** for suggesting Cal was better than their record.

I think the same about Oregon St.

CU need to build on the Oregon game. Offensively it was a major improvment.. Need to find a replacement for Landman. The defense didn't look good without him. I think this is the game to wear all black jersey.

Yes. Build on a game where not only did our offense suck, but our defense had its worst game of the year. Brilliant strategery, there.

bunch of doom and gloomers lol.
It was an absolute beat down of a game and the Buffs were never competitive in it.

I'd just like to flush it and move on. There's a chance this week if everything goes right.

bunch of doom and gloomers lol.
They were down 21-0 before either side showed signs of life. I'm afraid the defense is so worn down that they really don't care anymore and it doesn't matter what kind of positives we see with the offense.

Plus, its obvious as day that Landman covers up a massive amount of issues on defense. This is probably just a bad defense without him.

Pretty sure the strategy in Boulder has been to uncoach them up!
So, if all of the coaches are fired - HC, OC, DC…and for good measure QB’s…then the remaining assistants and analysts are named interim coaches, I wonder if the similar improvements would be made as the OLine after Gumbo was canned?

if only there was a brinks truck to test this out…

The more I think about it, the more this Oregon pisses me off. This performance was not as good as it looked. A guy like Thibidoux is shut out by the likes of the same tackle that was getting eaten up by the end of powerhouse UNC ends? Was a doormat for the Minnesota and Cal ends? The likely #1 draft pick had what he was going to eat after the game on his mind. Because pulling a muscle or worse against this year’s Buffs team isn’t worth losing an extra 0 at the end of his first NFL contract.

Cristobal had the win…that last score was CFP style points.

They were down 21-0 before either side showed signs of life. I'm afraid the defense is so worn down that they really don't care anymore and it doesn't matter what kind of positives we see with the offense.

Plus, its obvious as day that Landman covers up a massive amount of issues on defense. This is probably just a bad defense without him.
I think you could count the number of players who care at this point on two hands.

Back