What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Resume & Bubble Watch 2021-22

The Big Ten has figured out scheduling. Schedule good teams in the non con. It doesn't even matter if you win because it drives up the conferences NET ratings. Then once conference play starts, no matter how poorly you perform, you'll never drop much.

The B1G will have another massive 1st weekend flame out.

The Big Ten has figured out scheduling. Schedule good teams in the non con. It doesn't even matter if you win because it drives up the conferences NET ratings. Then once conference play starts, no matter how poorly you perform, you'll never drop much.

The B1G will have another massive 1st weekend flame out.
I don't care who wins the whole thing as long as the Big10 fails miserably.

Serious Question: Those of you bitching about the Pac 12 being disrespected.........who got screwed and why? Make a case for somebody.

Other thoughts-Virginia Tech being where they are tells me the committee saw them as a bid thief. CSU is probably overseeded slightly. I'd have had them as a 7-8. Wyoming's underseeded. Iowa State over LSU is an upset I'm definitely picking.

UCLA can make it to the Final Four. They can match up with both Baylor and Kentucky.

Serious Question: Those of you bitching about the Pac 12 being disrespected.........who got screwed and why?

Two other thoughts-Virginia Tech being where they are tells me the committee saw them as a bid thief. CSU is probably overseeded slightly. I'd have had them as a 7-8. Wyoming's underseeded.
Michigan got lucky. Should've at least had to play in. Instead they get CSU who is as big a paper tiger as there is in this tourney. Watch Michigan win and everybody will say they were justified.

Miami getting a 10 and Vtech getting an 11. I mean c'mon.

St. Mary's a 5
Texas a 6
Bama a 6
CSU a 6
OSU a 7
LSU a 6

I'm thinking 11 seeds are going to have a field day.

Last edited:
Serious Question: Those of you bitching about the Pac 12 being disrespected.........who got screwed and why? Make a case for somebody.

Other thoughts-Virginia Tech being where they are tells me the committee saw them as a bid thief. CSU is probably overseeded slightly. I'd have had them as a 7-8. Wyoming's underseeded. Iowa State over LSU is an upset I'm definitely picking.
Colorado over Rutgers.

Attachments

• 2022-03-13_16-12-17.jpg
    2022-03-13_16-12-17.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 34
We lost games we shouldn't have lost and that cost us.

But the Pac-12 disrespect is shocking.

The MWC got more teams in than the Pac-12. The Big 12 and Big Ten got more than half their teams while the Pac got a quarter of their teams.

Disturbing.

At the same time nobody in the Pac12 was deserving of a bid after the top 3

A$M didn't get in although they won the conference tournament while proven cheater self gets a 1 seed. Almost like nuhbraska playing for a natty coming off an epic blowout loss.

We also only had 1 quad I win while Rutgers had 6
Rutgers was 12-7 vs. Q2 - Q4, including a Q4 loss. Not too dissimilar from our 2011 resume.

I'm not even that upset about Rutgers relative to teams like Michigan, or even USF (0-5 vs. St Mary's and Zags), but the margin for error for the Buffs is just extremely thin.

Oklahoma was 4-11 in conference 2.5 weeks ago, but strung together a few mediocre wins plus a win over Baylor and jumped to 2nd replacement team. Despite Arizona losing to only us, UCLA and Tenn, Lunardi said last week that we probably needed to win the P12 tourney to get in. We were already the 4 seed when he said it (Utah game), which means he needed to see us beat #1 seed Arizona 2 of 3 times. What bubble team has a win over a #1 seed, let alone 2? That's absurd.

Overall, it's frustrating to not even be mentioned.

Rutgers was 12-7 vs. Q2 - Q4, including a Q4 loss. Not too dissimilar from our 2011 resume.

I'm not even that upset about Rutgers relative to teams like Michigan, or even USF (0-5 vs. St Mary's and Zags), but the margin for error for the Buffs is just extremely thin.

Oklahoma was 4-11 in conference 2.5 weeks ago, but strung together a few mediocre wins plus a win over Baylor and jumped to 2nd replacement team. Despite Arizona losing to only us, UCLA and Tenn, Lunardi said last week that we probably needed to win the P12 tourney to get in. We were already the 4 seed when he said it (Utah game), which means he needed to see us beat #1 seed Arizona 2 of 3 times. What bubble team has a win over a #1 seed, let alone 2? That's absurd.

Overall, it's frustrating to not even be mentioned.

Michigan, USF and Indiana had very good NET rankings, for what that's worth. USF somehow had a 22 NET, don't ask me how

It’s easy to forget DU, but across the entirety of their athletic department, they have a lot more success than CU has.
They are a blueblood in Hockey. Their lacrosse team is outstanding, skiing they are about on par with CU.

Other than that you are kidding. CU is one of the elites in XC, both men's and women's DU plays basketball at a level that is simply a one bid league, no conference tourney win, no NCAA tourney, and if they get that bid they will be a 12 seed or lower. CU had a rebuilding year and won over 20 games playing in a major conference. The women's BB team is pending an at large selection.

They are a blueblood in Hockey. Their lacrosse team is outstanding, skiing they are about on par with CU.

Other than that you are kidding. CU is one of the elites in XC, both men's and women's DU plays basketball at a level that is simply a one bid league, no conference tourney win, no NCAA tourney, and if they get that bid they will be a 12 seed or lower. CU had a rebuilding year and won over 20 games playing in a major conference. The women's BB team is pending an at large selection.
Could the women host the first two rounds?

One loss. Not 3. Southern Illinois probably beats all 3. Just saying.
They get a lot more chances for quality wins than we do because the B1G is better top to bottom. I don't have an issue with them in over us. Again, the 3 Pac 12 teams who should have gotten in did.

Back