What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Resume & Bubble Watch 2021-22

You are probably right. As much as anything., I'm hoping. Human nature could get some of these people thinking the 1st half of the season was "tainted". With Covid, there are dozens of ways teams were affected, and I don't think you can really tell who suffered, how much.
I think the biggest impact was to the benefit of the stronger mid-major conferences/teams and some of the high-major teams that have mediocre recruiting. Programs that have good college players who aren't NBA talents got seniors back for an extra year & were fielding very veteran teams in the early season.

CU, for example, grew up. We were about a Top 150 team the first couple months. Now I think we're about a Top 35 team. We'd smoke teams like S Illinois & Duquesne if we played them now.

I think the biggest impact was to the benefit of the stronger mid-major conferences/teams and some of the high-major teams that have mediocre recruiting. Programs that have good college players who aren't NBA talents got seniors back for an extra year & were fielding very veteran teams in the early season.

CU, for example, grew up. We were about a Top 150 team the first couple months. Now I think we're about a Top 35 team. We'd smoke teams like S Illinois & Duquesne if we played them now.
Buffs perfect candidate for first 4. Unquestionable #4 team in “power” conference with low NET. Are they legit or not? Let the play-in game decide.

online tool that allows you enter a team and it generates a list of which other teams have the most similar tourney resumes. the "Miss" under 'type' indicates that team is projected to miss the tourney (vs "at large" or "auto").

here's CU:

1647012671848.png

Win or lose for our Buffs, could these losses be critical today in helping our NET:

T A&M (55 Net) vs. Auburn
Miss St (56 Net) vs. Tenn
Creighton (64 Net) vs. Providence
Vandy (67 Net) vs. Kentucky

I think the #1 reason that the Buffs are in this position is the PAC 12 Network
How many games did we play on the National Platform at a favorable time?
We lost the Kansas game, which would have been huge as well, but having an inept Network that is not that easy to get on most services has been and is catastrophic. New deal must address this problem.
Go Buffs, just win the whole damn thing

We lost the Kansas game, which would have been huge as well, but having an inept Network that is not that easy to get on most services has been and is catastrophic. New deal must address this problem.
stated differently, the limited distribution of the Pac 12 Network is exacerbating the east coast media bias.

The #1 reason is the schedule we chose to play.

Our most difficult neutral non-conference game was S Illinois.

Our most difficult road non-conference game was... we didn't play one.

And we put Maine on our schedule. We'd have been better off playing a non-counting home game against Colorado Christian instead of a NET-killing home game against a team that's at 353.

The fact the ESPN is still forcing Michigan into Bracketology and not even as a 12 seed qualifier just shows you how much bias there is. Other teams that are VERY questionable yet still getting too much love:
- Iowa State
- Miami
- Memphis
- San Fran
The Big 12 is a damn good league. 3-4 of those teams (LOL Texas) might be top 4 seeds on Sunday. The other three we can have a conversation on though.

The #1 reason is the schedule we chose to play.

Our most difficult neutral non-conference game was S Illinois.

Our most difficult road non-conference game was... we didn't play one.

And we put Maine on our schedule. We'd have been better off playing a non-counting home game against Colorado Christian instead of a NET-killing home game against a team that's at 353.
Let's honest, though. Tad built this schedule knowing the team he was going to roll out in Non-Con would basically be in diapers. Not finding a way to reschedule Kansas is still baffling to me. I'm sure he anticpated playing CSU in the Paradise Jam, Tennessee and KU would be enough of a bump for the their OOC needs. We got 1 of 3. That said, as I posted yesterday we handily beat the majority of the teams ranked NET 40-70 on a neutral court right now. That should be taken into consideration, but likely won't.

Two other games to watch today for our NET improvement potential:

UAB (50) vs Mid TN St (104)
St. Louis (59) vs St Bonaventure (82)

Potential upsets that would help our Buffs.

I don't see any scenario for an at large bid.....I think you guys are kidding yourselves. If they beat Arizona then lost by 2 to UCLA I still don't think they get in. There are just too many teams ahead in the queue.

The fact the ESPN is still forcing Michigan into Bracketology and not even as a 12 seed qualifier just shows you how much bias there is. Other teams that are VERY questionable yet still getting too much love:
- Iowa State
- Miami
- Memphis
- San Fran
Oklahoma being on the bubble is the one that's baffling to me.

Check their record 2 weeks ago and who they beat since.

Xavier is another one.

Win or lose for our Buffs, could these losses be critical today in helping our NET:

Well, Auburn needs to wake the hell up and stop shooting 3s already. 15 points with 4+ to go in the 1st half.

We're NIT bound if we lose.

Auburn not doing us any favors. **** Bruce Pearl.

- Iowa State
- Miami
- Memphis
- San Fran
Memphis is legitimately good right now. Hot. 2 wins over Houston.

I was resigned to the fact that the Buffs would have to win the PAC12 to advance to the dance weeks ago, and I have no faith in the committee to not screw the Buffs, even when the resume is better.

Just have to win this damn thing.

It sets up well. Just have to beat two teams that already have their spots, and tonight's opponent is going to be none too keen on possibly losing another key player to injury.

North Texas (39) just lost to LA Tech (101).

NT isn't impressive enough for this to be a bid steal, but it does lock up a NIT slot with UNT getting an auto-bid.

Two other games to watch today for our NET improvement potential:

UAB (50) vs Mid TN St (104)
St. Louis (59) vs St Bonaventure (82)

Potential upsets that would help our Buffs.
St. B's senior PG and 4 year captain misses two FTs with 1.0 on the clock that could've tied or won it. Poor kid, but what an absolute choke job.

Wilner did a really good explanation on the P12 and the number of bids in response to Tad's comments. Spot on with how the conference may very well end up as a 3-bid league by historical math & it's pretty fair. Basically, it's not just individual team resume but the fact that the conference as a whole won too low a % of its non-con games. And that 1/3 of games have an inordinate impact on the metrics for the entire season.

Back