What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Resume & Bubble Watch 2021-22

Exactly. Anything can happen in the conference tournament. Just think of Georgetown and Oregon St last season.
Exactly. And on that note, ASU (assuming they get past Stanford) is a bitch of a matchup for UA. Hottest team in the conference in a rivalry game.

Potential upset. And if UA takes care of business, a lot of potential for emotional letdown after playing that one the day before.

Exactly. And on that note, ASU (assuming they get past Stanford) is a bitch of a matchup for UA. Hottest team in the conference in a rivalry game.

Potential upset. And if UA takes care of business, a lot of potential for emotional letdown after playing that one the day before.
I doubt there is a letdown for UofA if we play them, they'll be looking to give us their best shot after the game in boulder.

I doubt there is a letdown for UofA if we play them, they'll be looking to give us their best shot after the game in boulder.
Maybe. But I think that game was a lot more meaningful to us than them.

What concerns me is they get close to a home crowd in Vegas. The hopeful thing on atmosphere is that every other team's fans will be cheering for us, so maybe it's a real neutral.

The thing is, I think they're doubling down on a consideration that's already baked into NET. Rutgers, for example, gets a ton of love. They've got a rating right around CU's, so I get where the committee would choose them over the Buffs on the basis of them having those Q1 road wins on their resume. But I see bracketologists liking Rutgers over teams that are 30+ spots above them on NET (VA Tech, for example). In my opinion, that ain't right.
Plus, the Big10 is so overrated every year it makes me want to vomit. Who wants to bet they get 9 teams in and only 2-3 stumble into the Sat/Sun games.

Reactions: DBT
Plus, the Big10 is so overrated every year it makes me want to vomit. Who wants to bet they get 9 teams in and only 2-3 stumble into the Sat/Sun games.
Wisconsin is a prime candidate to lose early. Prior to yesterday, I believe they were undefeated in games decided by 5 or less. That's a stat that could easily go the other way, and that roster is butt outside of Davis.

Anyone who thinks we can get an at-large bid isn’t paying attention to college basketball.
Who thinks we can get an at-large bid? I haven’t seen anybody make that claim. I’ve seen a few folks make the argument that we might deserve one in certain circumstances, but nobody is actually predicting that would happen.

Who thinks we can get an at-large bid? I haven’t seen anybody make that claim. I’ve seen a few folks make the argument that we might deserve one in certain circumstances, but nobody is actually predicting that would happen.
I’m definitely in the camp that says we should get a bid but don’t think we will unless we win the tourney. Think the Pac-12 was downgraded this year (per usual) and the other conferences were up even though I think the big east is overrated and the middle of the big 10 is overrates. Yes we had a bad out of conference schedule but I don’t think the Pac-12 should be a 3 bid league on super down years, much less when there are 2 serious Final 4 of contenders UCLA and Zona in the conference.

I’m definitely in the camp that says we should get a bid but don’t think we will unless we win the tourney. Think the Pac-12 was downgraded this year (per usual) and the other conferences were up even though I think the big east is overrated and the middle of the big 10 is overrates. Yes we had a bad out of conference schedule but I don’t think the Pac-12 should be a 3 bid league on super down years, much less when there are 2 serious Final 4 of contenders UCLA and Zona in the conference.
The entirety of the B1G is overrated...like every other year.

... I know the conference has a rule that says its teams can't play road games at schools with sub 175 NET (5 year rolling average). ...
I didn't know that, but it's a good policy for the PAC to have.

So say we don't make the Dance. Would we all be somewhat appeased with a deep run in the NIT that gains the youngsters some critical experience and sets us up for a very exciting 2022-2023?

So say we don't make the Dance. Would we all be somewhat appeased with a deep run in the NIT that gains the youngsters some critical experience and sets us up for a very exciting 2022-2023?
Always preferable to dance for optics, but the roster is in place to make the next few years very fun for us. Not to mention, Tad continues to recruit at a very high level for CU.

Exactly. Anything can happen in the conference tournament. Just think of Georgetown and Oregon St last season.
Pretty funny that both of those teams have been garbage this year. I remember a lot of talk about nothing but good things ahead for both.

yes. given the injuries and youth of this year's team, I think a deep NIT run would be satisfying to me.

that being said, I want to see CU win the Pac!!!!

Fun revisiting this thread: According to this, the buffs have met 83% of fans expectations with the possibility of more. Point being we should be amped with where we are at, amped for the future and #firetad

A few of my favorites to revisit:

1646762374806.png
1646762468143.png
1646762591440.png
1646762695980.png
1646762833825.png

Things could be so much worse then missing out this year. Look at Pitt getting worked by a terrible BC team right now. They couldn’t care less. Capel makes 3.5 million a year and he has a $13 million buyout I believe 😂😂😂. Tar and feather that AD.

I didn't know that, but it's a good policy for the PAC to have.
I knew that-I think Tad might have admitted publicly that rule was why we had to stop playing Air Force yearly in basketball several years back. I like the rule-but let's drop that to a 3 year rolling NET average. Case in point would be Wyoming: Jeff Linder is building something up there. They're going to make the tournament. His style of basketball is a lot less of a bitch to deal with than Larry Shyatt's was-much more up-tempo, earlier shots kind of deal. We probably should do another home and home with them, but might not be able to because they were pretty bad under Allen Edwards and in his first year. Same deal with CSU-This is Medved's 4th year. They've been really good the last three years-but won I think 8 games during Eustachy's last year and 12 in Medved's first? I swore I read CU was forced to skip them for two years because of that-but I dunno. @Buffnik said the reason we skipped them this year goes back to both of us winding up in the Paradise Jam....but I'd have taken the risk this year and played them instead of UNM.

The "official resume and bubble watch" thread should be a tradition. Every year.

Even tho our resume is sketchy this time around.

Even tho we're watching the bubble from well beyond the horizon this year.

20 win team with a day off in the conference tournament and a chance to make other fans sad.

Let's pop someone else's bubble.

Syracuse beating FSU (17-13) right now should help. We need more of these bubbles getting popped in conference tourneys.

Syracuse beating FSU (17-13) right now should help. We need more of these bubbles getting popped in conference tourneys.
Eh Florida State was 98 in NET. We need everyone right ahead of us in NET to fall and fall early. A&M, Florida, Miss St, Miami, Creighton, K State, St. Johns, and all the mid majors ahead of us that aren't first in their league to lose Utah State, Fresno State, St. Louis, etc

Eh Florida State was 98 in NET. We need everyone right ahead of us in NET to fall and fall early. A&M, Florida, Miss St, Miami, Creighton, K State, St. Johns, and all the mid majors ahead of us that aren't first in their league to lose Utah State, Fresno State, St. Louis, etc
True

It also wouldn't hurt to get some help for our SOS.

Duquesne up by 4 on Rhode Island at half.

UNM lost to Nevada, so no help there.

A Tennessee run in the SEC tourney would be welcome.

Back