What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU RPI Watch 2016-17

Monday, February 20th, games we care about:

Texas at West Virginia, 7pm, ESPN... very unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Games we directly care about today, Feb 23rd:

COLORADO vs Utah, 9pm, ESPNU... 17-12 (7-9) with Top 100 RPI or 16-13 (6-10) and RPI 110 or so after tonight. Not much to say.
Seattle at UT Rio Grande Valley, 6pm... winnable road game for Seattle & all wins help.
#5 UCLA at Arizona State, 7pm, ESPN2... would drop ASU a game behind the Buffs in the Pac-12 standings, assuming we win.
Weber State at Eastern Washington, 7:05pm... all wins help and this might push EWU to the 2-seed in the Big Sky (we want them to be a tourney team).
USC at #4 Arizona, 8pm, PACN... loss would drop USC to 8-7 and keep slim hopes alive for the Buffs to grab the 5 seed in the P12T.
BYU at Portland, 8pm... **** Portland. They've quit. Let's see BYU in the RPI Top 100.
Northern Arizona at Sacramento State, 8:05pm... all wins help.

... all wins help and this might push EWU to the 2-seed in the Big Sky (we want them to be a tourney team).
Personally, I'm sort of losing interest in whether EWU is a tourney team. Unless, should we win the P12 tourney by some miracle, does RPI influence seeding in the NCAAs?

Personally, I'm sort of losing interest in whether EWU is a tourney team. Unless, should we win the P12 tourney by some miracle, does RPI influence seeding in the NCAAs?

This team is a fringe NIT contender at best, and I think remains so even with a sweep of Stanford and Cal, as well as a first round win in Vegas. All of that needs to happen, and then we need as much chalk in the smaller conference tournaments as possible.

CU's resume looks surprisingly good on paper right now. Absolutely have to beat Wazzu, but I think that should get the Buffs into the NIT.
Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 9.12.07 AM.png

Man... I didn't think that UW was THAT bad. Damn.

When you look at it, I think this team is in good Bubble position right now if it had won that UW game and either ASU or WSU.

19-11 against D1 with only 1 "bad" loss being on the road in conference play against about an RPI 150? That is a tourney team. Furk.

When you look at it, I think this team is in good Bubble position right now if it had won that UW game and either ASU or WSU.

19-11 against D1 with only 1 "bad" loss being on the road in conference play against about an RPI 150? That is a tourney team. Furk.

So frustrating that we likely missed out on that road win at Cal because our seniors couldn't stay focused on basketball. Mind blowing that they couldn't take CSU seriously. Heartbreaking that we missed 3 conference road wins by 1 possession.

So frustrating that we likely missed out on that road win at Cal because our seniors couldn't stay focused on basketball. Mind blowing that they couldn't take CSU seriously. Heartbreaking that we missed 3 conference road wins by 1 possession.

The ones that bother me the most are ASU and UW. ASU because I think the refs stole it from us with a phantom call and the UW game because we had a blowout rolling and gave it away.

The ones that bother me the most are ASU and UW. ASU because I think the refs stole it from us with a phantom call and the UW game because we had a blowout rolling and gave it away.

CSU, @ASU, USC, @UW, @WSU, Utah. Those are the 6 games I look to.

Definitely got the feeling after the LA-Monroe and Wofford games that something was off. Then CSU happened and I started preparing for a disappointing season. You could see this team would have no trouble getting up for the big teams, and play flat against teams they should beat.

Buffs come into the day at RPI #104. Some movement possible today.

Colorado vs Washington State (RPI 148) at 7pm, PACN. Another win in the 101-200 range isn't bad for the resume.
Stanford (RPI 88) vs Arizona State (RPI 136), 1pm, PACN. 2 wins over Stanford with them staying Top 100 is great for resume. Go Furd!
LA Monroe vs Arkansas State. Not much hope in this one, but Arkie Lite is 20-11, so this will help the opponent record component of RPI.
Air Force (RPI 265) vs Wyoming. Upset would be nice. Wyoming's 18-11 record will help a bit on SOS/RPI.
Oregon State vs Cal (RPI 56), 3:30, PACN. Either way works for us (played OSU twice). But Cal gives us a Top 100 win - Top 50 if they beat Utah.
Texas (RPI 168) vs Texas Tech, 7pm, ESPNU. UT can give us a bit of a lift today.
DePaul vs Xavier (RPI 33), 7:30pm, FS1. Xavier has tanked since injuries hit, but is still a Top 50 win. They need this.
Washington (RPI 203) vs USC (39), 9:30pm, PACN. If UW wins, then CU no longer has a sub-200 "bad loss". If it can happen with USC staying Top 50, would be a great result for the Buffs.

How did Texas turn into a dumpster fire? Ranked when we beat them, then a RPI of 168?

No point guard and none of the guards are shooting over 32% from 3pt range. When you don't have a playmaker to get guys shots in good spots and you don't have shooters to open the court, you've got a horror show for an offense.

Holy crap. LA Monroe actually beat Arkansas State.

ASU beat Stanford, though.

Cal got the win earlier.

Texas got a surprise win.

Been a good day for CU's resume.

Buffs enter Thursday, March 9th, at 19-13 (9-10) with the #98 RPI.

Here are the games we care about today:

COLORADO vs Arizona (#9 RPI), 7pm, PACN... a win here and there's no telling how high CU goes. Should lock up NIT bid.
Arizona State (#130) vs Oregon (#8), 1pm, PACN... played the Ducks twice, so a win by them does more. But we want those ASU fans to stick around and help us by rooting against Arizona tonight.
Seattle (#275) vs Utah Valley (#207), 3pm... win would be a nice little bump to the CU SOS/RPI.
Cal (#57) vs Utah (#75), 3:30pm, PACN... not sure it matters to us. Cal punching its ticket would mean more conference revenue, though.
Texas (#147) vs West Virginia (#22), 5pm, ESPNU... if Shaka's got em going, this would be a big SOS/RPI win for CU.
Xavier (#37) vs Butler (#12), 5pm, FS1... Xavier's lost to them twice by single digits. A win here would be huge.
Sacramento State (#297) vs E Washington (#145), 6:35 pm... EWU has a shot at winning the tourney & helping the CU resume a lot.
Virginia (#16) vs Notre Dame (#26), 7pm, ESPN... Irish can give a great boost to SOS/RPI with a win here.
Air Force (#246) vs CSU (#70), 7pm, CBSSN... because **** CSU.

Last night one of the Pac-12 guys said CU should be in the tournament. The other guy said CU's RPI is 101 (or something) and no team higher than 67 or 68 has ever gone.

Last night one of the Pac-12 guys said CU should be in the tournament. The other guy said CU's RPI is 101 (or something) and no team higher than 67 or 68 has ever gone.

I think Cuse was put in with an RPI in the 70s last year. And our RPI is 95 right now, fwiw. Not nearly good enough to make the Dance. We need to win tonight and tomorrow to be in the discussion, I think.

I think Cuse was put in with an RPI in the 70s last year. And our RPI is 95 right now, fwiw. Not nearly good enough to make the Dance. We need to win tonight and tomorrow to be in the discussion, I think.
Such an under achieving team.

Maybe they meant "CU should have been in the tournament." Which I think many of us can agree with.

Back