What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. Utah Game Thread

We'll see what happens next year. We did take the #25 team in the nation to the last few minutes. We are a winning QB and a decent D away.

This is the new Buff tradition...looking forward to next year.

I'm so disappointed. There is something wrong with some of these players, particularly the QB who shall not be named.

As pissed as I am, I can't figure Sefo out. 2 ways to look at it, we aren't in some games without him. On the other hand, week after week, he finds a way to flat give games away. He's an enigma or something. I didn't agree with punting late and giving up 3rd and 8 when we knew damn well what they were doing is a ****ing joke. Neinas, Baer, and Jeffcoat need to go tomorrow, I wouldn't wait. I'd say Mac gets next year or it's adios.

This team could be sitting here with 7 to 8 wins. Instead more uncertainty going into off season and Hawaii next year.

I've been a pretty big Sefo critic, but some of you are taking it a bit far. I'll chalk it up to post-game anger, but sheesh! I'm not even mad at Sefo anymore, I just expect it.

But we sure as hell need him back next year. Hopefully, as a talented back-up. But we don't have the talent to be running useful players out of town. If we could get someone who is 75% as good as good Sefo, but with about 1/3 of the bad plays, I'd take that. Hopefully, Cade or Awini can be that guy. Montez is not going to be ready next year. Keep in mind; he's playing against terrible competition in El Paso.

I'm not in favor of firing MacIntyre, but I do not blame anyone who is a little jaded by these first two seasons.

Rick did say he expected 6 wins this year. I guess we'll see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rick is a proven winner. He has worked miracles with fund raising in the middle of the biggest ****storm in Buff history. He is a terrific evaluator of talent, and he knows what it takes to win.

Mac will be told to make changes. I am completely confident in that prediction.

Rick is a proven winner. He has worked miracles with fund raising in the middle of the biggest ****storm in Buff history. He is a terrific evaluator of talent, and he knows what it takes to win.

I am losing hope that this program can ever turn this around. I think Mac is a good coach, but RG needs to bring some leadership and not be passive in letting Mac pick new coaches.

I've been a pretty big Sefo critic, but some of you are taking it a bit far. I'll chalk it up to post-game anger, but sheesh! I'm not even mad at Sefo anymore, I just expect it.

But we sure as hell need him back next year. Hopefully, as a talented back-up. But we don't have the talent to be running useful players out of town. If we could get someone who is 75% as good as good Sefo, but with about 1/3 of the bad plays, I'd take that. Hopefully, Cade or Awini can be that guy. Montez is not going to be ready next year. Keep in mind; he's playing against terrible competition in El Paso.
That's one of the truest and most depressing statements I've heard about this year's team.

I say Mac gets another year but we need some change. I keep hearing the team needs to learn how to win, I agree. On the flip side, they better have people teach them how to get there. The job as a coach is to put your players in position to win. After that, it falls on them. Read into that how you will.

I'm not in favor of firing MacIntyre, but I do not blame anyone who is a little jaded by these first two seasons.

I wouldn't call for his firing. But if the AD decided to make a change I wouldn't be offended, either.

Something needs to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say Mac gets another year but we need some change. I keep hearing the team needs to learn how to win, I agree. On the flip side, they better have people teach them how to get there. The job as a coach is to put your players in position to win. After that, it falls on them. Read into that how you will.

What concerns me is the numerous chances this team and staff had to win games and didn't. They should have won a couple of these games to show they are learning how to win. Instead it leaves you thinking will they ever learn and when?

What concerns me is the numerous chances this team and staff had to win games and didn't. They should have won a couple of these games to show they are learning how to win. Instead it leaves you thinking will they ever learn and when?
This is why I think RG needs to be very assertive with Mac on getting some more coaching talent in here. I'm not sure Mac will make the tough staffing choices.

There are a few on the staff I'm convinced that can't. Even the radio people thought the fake punt was pathetic. We back them up to punt and they have a 71 yard punt, that **** has to stop. That rugby punt **** pisses me off too. I see teams all the time be able to do it regular and not see **** results.

Perhaps my preconceptions were giving me a bias, but I took some of his pre-game comments on KOA to indicate that he would like to see some changes in the coaching staff, and that the lack of wins this year has not been acceptable. He basically said that it was up to HCMM. Then again, I was trying to listen while my girlfriend was prattling on about something inconsequential, so I might have totally missed the ball on what RG was saying.

Perhaps my preconceptions were giving me a bias, but I took some of his pre-game comments on KOA to indicate that he would like to see some changes in the coaching staff, and that the lack of wins this year has not been acceptable. He basically said that it was up to HCMM. Then again, I was trying to listen while my girlfriend was prattling on about something inconsequential, so I might have totally missed the ball on what RG was saying.
Those comments were pre-game...

Count me as on board with replacing Baer and Neinas. This game convinced me. The fake punt and wide open receivers down the sideline are unacceptable.

Count me as on board with replacing Baer and Neinas. This game convinced me. The fake punt and wide open receivers down the sideline are unacceptable.
Any good candidates out there for DC? I'm thinking a DC from a really good non-AQ would work.

At a minimum, Neinas has to go. No compelling argument to keep him. Baer is likely saved by his contract and injuries.

I wish someone would seriously evaluate skill-development from First Game this season to this game. This game had a lot of potential but I think the sour points may be more of an albatross around the team's neck. There was so much progress at times, but in the end, skill development doesn't look like a season's worth.

Special teams, Offensive play calling, D.... Just frustrating. All I can say.

Some good individual player efforts, but this team is not Executing at critical moments. When they make mistakes they are most often HUGE mistakes. It lacks a rudder on either side of the ball.

At my absolute wits end with a couple of coaches, and a couple of others as well. Just can only take so much of the catastrophic error syndrome of 2014.

I need a reboot after my frustration subsides a bit. Exhausted.

Last edited:
(On the bright side - as dismal as I anticipated this game, CU could have won this. Which is actually amazing, considering my expectation level. I was hoping "within 20 points".)

Back