What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. Washington Score Prediction Thread

Sefo has never faced a crowd like he'll see in Husky Stadium, and he suffers a setback.

UW 45, CU 14

You're talking about a freshman who's never played in a loud stadium of any kind.

Up fans or no, it'll be 10x what he's seen before.

You're talking about a freshman who's never played in a loud stadium of any kind.

Up fans or no, it'll be 10x what he's seen before.
I realize that he is a freshman, but he did play in the Rose Bowl last week, which had a listed attendance of 80,377 which is ~13K more than Husky Stadium holds. It may be a little louder, but I'm not expecting to go in there against a crowd that is amped up for the game. Sefo hasn't shown that he's a freshman with the way he carries himself and shakes off big hits and gets in a defenders face, I'm not sure if a half-enthused crowd is going to be that big of a impairment. It's also his homecoming, which could be a wildcard.

I realize that he is a freshman, but he did play in the Rose Bowl last week, which had a listed attendance of 80,377 which is ~13K more than Husky Stadium holds. It may be a little louder, but I'm not expecting to go in there against a crowd that is amped up for the game. Sefo hasn't shown that he's a freshman with the way he carries himself and shakes off big hits and gets in a defenders face, I'm not sure if a half-enthused crowd is going to be that big of a impairment. It's also his homecoming, which could be a wildcard.

:lol:

A little louder?

Dude, I'm not going to argue with you. The Rose Bowl sucks for crowd noise, it's well known, but whatever.

I agree that Sefo seems much more resilient and calm than anyone we've had in years, so hopefully he'll continue to show it and have a great game.

Sefo is going to want to go in there and show Udub what they missed on. He is from Tacoma, it would surprise me if he hadn't made it over to Seattle for a game or two in his lifetime. He knows how it gets up there.

Based on the way they slept through the game last year and my lack of fear of a Sark coached team, I think it could be closer than expected...early, at least

This. Sark isn't what he's made out to be.

UW has to keep their starters in to the end.

UW 27
CU 19

Dude, I'm not going to argue with you. The Rose Bowl sucks for crowd noise, it's well known, but whatever.

I agree that Sefo seems much more resilient and calm than anyone we've had in years, so hopefully he'll continue to show it and have a great game.

I understand the Rose Bowl isn't a loud stadium and that Husky Stadium is, I'm just questioning if the fans will be consistently loud against a team that's been a pushover.

I will say this: UW is a top 25 defense, and is a very very tough venue. If Sefo (a) survives; and (b) thrives... we got ourselves one hell of a QB.

I am going with Huskies 38 and our beloved Buffs 24. But I think if we avoid turnovers (or better yet win the TO battle) than it could be a game until the end.

Are Husky fans really going to get up for this game?

Dawgs are coming off a bye week and Seattle crowds get up for every game. Huskies, Seahawks, doesn't matter. Well let me correct that, Mariners games are like a funeral. This will be my 4th game at Husky Stadium this year after Boise, Arizona and Oregon. It will be loud.

I wonder what the predictions would have been if we played Washington after the Arizona game.

CU - 24
uw - 41

If Sefo doesn't crumble in this environment, we can all start to believe.

UW 48, CU 17

But maybe we're only down 21-10 at the half. UW speed and talent take over in the second half.

Back