What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

i'm confused, but 110% on board

All%20Hands%20On%20Deck%20-%20Clean.jpg

Lol. Can't get it to show up? I see he had the 19th ranked defense with skins this year. Hard for me to believe promoting a lb coach or db coach from another school would have coached an NFL team to a better ranking. We need to be honest, we aren't choosing between the top 10 defensive minds in the nation.

Lol. Can't get it to show up? I see he had the 19th ranked defense with skins this year. Hard for me to believe promoting a lb coach or db coach from another school would have coached an NFL team to a better ranking. We need to be honest, we aren't choosing between the top 10 defensive minds in the nation.

Maybe we are choosing among the best, though. No one saw Leavitt coming. Very much out of sight & out of mind at the time he was hired.

Maybe we are choosing among the best, though. No one saw Leavitt coming. Very much out of sight & out of mind at the time he was hired.
I got it! HCMM is waiting for the new Denver coach to get hired. The new coach lets Wade Phillips go, and boom, new DC.

I'd guess you're joking. Someone is going to make Wade rich and he deserves the paydays he'll get. My bet is the Redskins.
What gave it away?

Not sure Wade is ever a head coach again, he doesn't seem to want that. Seems to like what he does as a DC. That being said $$ talks and someone may throw a lot at him.

I'd guess you're joking. Someone is going to make Wade rich and he deserves the paydays he'll get. My bet is the Redskins.
Yep. Donkeys will hire Vance Joseph and he's already on record saying he wouldn't keep Wade on. The Redskins would be a good move for him.

Yep. Donkeys will hire Vance Joseph and he's already on record saying he wouldn't keep Wade on. The Redskins would be a good move for him.
Link? Not saying you're wrong, I just haven't heard anything about VJ being on record about anything pertaining to the Broncos job.

As BnG said, that's not VJ being "on record". That may very well be true, as I've seen talk of Phillips being a leading candidate in Washington, but VJ hasn't officially said anything about the Broncos job, as it's against NFL rules.

Ok - I couldn't give a **** less about the donkeys and there's no way Wade is coming here (which is what I do care about). Rotoworld tends to be just as dramatic as this forum - I didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch.

Wade has a musical chairs problem. He's not under contract with the Broncos from what I understand. He wants a job and rumors surrounding and basic timing of what the Broncos may do work against him. I see him jumping at a lucrative DC offer as soon as it comes up. Dan Snyder won't wait and he won't worry about the cost.

As BnG said, that's not VJ being "on record". That may very well be true, as I've seen talk of Phillips being a leading candidate in Washington, but VJ hasn't officially said anything about the Broncos job, as it's against NFL rules.

He'll be very, very aware of what's going on, however, and his agent probably has Elway on speed dial.

Ok - I couldn't give a **** less about the donkeys and there's no way Wade is coming here (which is what I do care about). Rotoworld tends to be just as dramatic as this forum - I didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch.
No panties bunched here. I just didn't know if there was something official I hadn't seen.
He'll be very, very aware of what's going on, however, and his agent probably has Elway on speed dial.
Of course. Rooting for Pitt this week, so the interviews can take place and this process can move along.

Of course. Rooting for Pitt this week, so the interviews can take place and this process can move along.

Didn't know this, btw

Regardless of whether the Dolphins win or lose Sunday, the Broncos will be able to interview Joseph next week. If the Dolphins lose they can fly Joseph to Denver. If the Dolphins beat the Steelers, the Broncos’ contingent must fly to Miami for their interview.

Wade has a musical chairs problem. He's not under contract with the Broncos from what I understand. He wants a job and rumors surrounding and basic timing of what the Broncos may do work against him. I see him jumping at a lucrative DC offer as soon as it comes up. Dan Snyder won't wait and he won't worry about the cost.
Approximately 95% of football fans in the DC area just fell out of their chairs laughing.

Hires happen at the end of weekends.

that sentence is one serious linguistics mind****.

can we start some sort of poll re: DC hire date or something more fun/entertaining? This thread is unnecessarily depressing.

Back