What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

Rumor is that CU offered JL $900k for 3 years ($2.7 million contract).
Oregon contract is $1.2M for 4 years ($4.8 million contract).

Putting all else aside, it's the same job in the same conference and one place is going to guarantee him $2.1M more to do it. If I'm in that position, I leave too.

And if we add in that he wants another HC job, then you've got the lower-paying job coming off a Top 20 defensive rank but graduating 8 starters while the higher-paying job was a horror show on defense in 2016 but has recruited well. Anyone competent will show significant improvement at Oregon. It's unlikely that CU improves in 2017 and is likely to at least slip a little statistically. With that factored in, we've got a job that not only is paying a lot more but is also a much more likely path to remaining a hot name and getting a HC gig. Again, if I'm in that position, I leave too.

Rumor is that CU offered JL $900k for 3 years ($2.7 million contract).
Oregon contract is $1.2M for 4 years ($4.8 million contract).

Putting all else aside, it's the same job in the same conference and one place is going to guarantee him $2.1M more to do it. If I'm in that position, I leave too.

And if we add in that he wants another HC job, then you've got the lower-paying job coming off a Top 20 defensive rank but graduating 8 starters while the higher-paying job was a horror show on defense in 2016 but has recruited well. Anyone competent will show significant improvement at Oregon. It's unlikely that CU improves in 2017 and is likely to at least slip a little statistically. With that factored in, we've got a job that not only is paying a lot more but is also a much more likely path to remaining a hot name and getting a HC gig. Again, if I'm in that position, I leave too.

Your use of logic is highly frowned upon...

Back