What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

If MikeMac thinks Sirmon and staff are good, I trust him. Don't care what random MSU fans think.

And to continue the love-in for Jeric: Thank you. I can't decipher Twitter, so I appreciate your stalking.

The big point I would make is that it is likely that the person MacIntyre will hire as DC will be a much better recruiter than Leavitt, particularly within our footprint. And, the person MacIntyre will hire as CB Coach will be a much better recruiter than Clark, particularly within our footprint.

The big point I would make is that it is likely that the person MacIntyre will hire as DC will be a much better recruiter than Leavitt, particularly within our footprint. And, the person MacIntyre will hire as CB Coach will be a much better recruiter than Clark, particularly within our footprint.
If this turns out to be true, I'm going to be thrilled with it.

Well, as long as one of them is also a high-energy guy that brings it in practice day in day out as well.

It's fair to question if Sirmon is a legitimate DC at the P5 level.

Sure. He's only turning 40 years old this year and has had only one season as a DC, which was not successful.

I'd have the same concerns if Chev became the full OC here. I see them as very similar with their strengths and question marks.

Sure. He's only turning 40 years old this year and has had only one season as a DC, which was not successful.

I'd have the same concerns if Chev became the full OC here. I see them as very similar with their strengths and question marks.

I'm not even really factoring in the MSU year.

Your second point is well taken, but good chance Sirmon is going to be paid substantially more, potentially with a multi-year contract as well. Seems like a reach.

How would you experts rank his recruiting chops?

Regarding Sirmon and recruiting:
He was the recruiting coordinator at Washington in 2013.
He was the recruiting coordinator at USC in 2014 and 2015.

So, to answer your question, the answer would depend on whether you were impressed with Washington's 4th year guys and USC's 2nd & 3rd year guys this past season.

So, to answer your question, the answer would depend on whether you were impressed with Washington's 4th year guys and USC's 2nd & 3rd year guys this past season.

Looks like in 2013 at Washington they had #15 class, 2nd in pac 12.
2014 with USC ranked 10th, 1st in pac 12. Guys like Adoree Jackson, Ju Ju Smith Schuster
2015 with USC ranked #1overall so obviously #1 in pac 12. Sam Darnold in this class

Well that sure makes one feel better. Good recruiting track record and in our footprint. I'll take it. Cross our fingers that he can coach. :)

Who the hell knows what they'll bring him in as? The recruiting part is a bonus. We have co-oc, why not co-dc? MM could handle that I'm sure.

Last edited:
To be fair, recruiting coordinator means different things at different places. He could have been the main organizer of things but have very little input on overall evaluation/judgement and recruiting for players outside his position group.

He does have a good rep as a recruiter though, and it would appear he's got a good rep as a football guy. I guarantee you our coach interviewed him long and hard and tested his thoughts on defenses. To Duff's point, he lacks a track record as a DC. The one year at MSU results don't bother me, as much as just the lack of experience as a DC. I remain convinced that this is the way HCMM wants it, and he will spend his salary pool differently than handing $1M to a DC.

Everyone is talking Sirmon, and I am pretty concerned about that. Have we talked to Marion Hobby about the job? 31 pages of comments in this thread is too much for me to search through.

Don't know if this is smoke:

...feel like where there is a lot of smoke there is fire. Kind of hope all this is fake news.

Wikipedia has him listed as the DC at Duke at the same time it has MacIntyre listed as the DC at Duke. It looks like the farthest west he's ever coached is New Orleans in the NFL.

some connection between the two and they would both call Tennessee their home states.

Don't know if this is smoke:

...feel like where there is a lot of smoke there is fire. Kind of hope all this is fake news.

Hmmm...

Would dovetail with this:

Edit: Though this "Sky" person whose tweet you embedded doesn't seem to be any kind of reporter or insider type. Other tweets seemed to be about the weather, food and video games.

Prepare to panic 8jah. And I doubt we ever know who was and was not interviewed or on the short list. Looks like MM has who he wants.

Back