What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*OFFICIAL* Deion Sanders aka Coach Prime is the new CU Football Head Coach thread

I'm dead. Also, he's in Nike. That answers that.

FjHg6rxWQAI28T0

solich just dropped 10mm into the b4l nil fund.

step the **** up, brothers and sisters. we are on our way back to greatness.

it took one thing to make this happen: HOPE. hope lead to Prime, and that lead to SUPPORT. and support will lead to SUCCESS.

take a step back and appreciate what is happening because it is a rare ****ing thing. now is the time. do what you can do. right ****ing now. let's make this the thing we know it can be.

I told you lame ****s to give 2 months ago.

I wouldn’t take him wearing a Nike hat right now as final word that we are staying with Nike. Very well could be but it’s not like we could have gotten out of the Nike deal and into an under armour contract AND gotten clothes, bags, hats, etc. ready in time. The hat he wears his first night in doesn’t say much to me

I wouldn’t take him wearing a Nike hat right now as final word that we are staying with Nike. Very well could be but it’s not like we could have gotten out of the Nike deal and into an under armour contract AND gotten clothes, bags, hats, etc. ready in time. The hat he wears his first night in doesn’t say much to me

While this is definitely true, there are plenty of non-Nike Buffs hats around, especially at the book store, if it really mattered.

Since it sounds like he’s going to be coaching JSU in the celebration bowl, I wonder if he will be in Boulder/traveling to recruit and then showing up for the game on the 17th. I hope that’s the case. Not worried about him getting recruiting rolling even if he does coach JSU practices in between. It’s prime, he will get dudes

Since it sounds like he’s going to be coaching JSU in the celebration bowl, I wonder if he will be in Boulder/traveling to recruit and then showing up for the game on the 17th. I hope that’s the case. Not worried about him getting recruiting rolling even if he does coach JSU practices in between. It’s prime, he will get dudes

That's my guess/hope. He knows he can't lose recruiting days, but he told the JSU dudes in his exit speech he would see their season out to the end, which I respect.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was on the USF campus a few days ago.

Dion is a smart guy who has seen how these things work. You may have a school you want to go to that really wants you. Even if you have no intention of going to the other school a quick campus visit can make the school you want nervous enough jump their numbers.

How many coaches who had no intention of coaching Nebraska have used them to boost their contracts elsewhere over the years?
All those reports were based off of a 247Stampeder who make a USF account and swore he was close to a huge booster and made up lies. Then everyone ran with it, including Sports Illustrated. 😂😂

DS graduated in 1988, so he likely remembered the Buffs as the tough, skilled guys they were back then, rather than the unfortunate teams of recent years. With Tads incoming class, next year should be the best athletic year since the N.C.

It was always meant to be....

When we clinched our first opportunity (yes, we had two more games, but those were against Okie St and KState) to play for the National Championship.... we made an article in Sports Illustrated:

Any guesses what the cover was?

702288---toc-cover-image.webp

Growing up in West Virginia, I didn't know Colorado football until I started reading about Sal Aunese. I instantly became a CU fan. I have been with this team since I was 12, and I'm now 45. My son is now 19 years old. He, by following along with me, became a CU fan as well. It's been rough for us. He attends VMI now and still is all in on the Buffs. I actually gave him an out when he was 11 or 12, told him he could change his team once, because he didn't deserve to have to follow the path I was on. He refused, and stayed on the wagon. We have had quite a journey. We truly though we turned it around in '16. Slowly but surely, that faded. Hyped for Tucker, who ultimately screwed us. This time, I am ready. If we are used as a stepping stone, I am okay with it. It's a business. If he transforms the roster, and the support, I'm all in. Give me all you've got for whatever time you are here Coach. I'm pumped.

This moment..... the hiring of Coach Prime, has given me hope. It has been a very long time since I've felt like we truly have a chance at being back.

It was always meant to be....

When we clinched our first opportunity (yes, we had two more games, but those were against Okie St and KState) to play for the National Championship.... we made an article in Sports Illustrated:

Any guesses what the cover was?

702288---toc-cover-image.webp

Growing up in West Virginia, I didn't know Colorado football until I started reading about Sal Aunese. I instantly became a CU fan. I have been with this team since I was 12, and I'm now 45. My son is now 19 years old. He, by following along with me, became a CU fan as well. It's been rough for us. He attends VMI now and still is all in on the Buffs. I actually gave him an out when he was 11 or 12, told him he could change his team once, because he didn't deserve to have to follow the path I was on. He refused, and stayed on the wagon. We have had quite a journey. We truly though we turned it around in '16. Slowly but surely, that faded. Hyped for Tucker, who ultimately screwed us. This time, I am ready. If we are used as a stepping stone, I am okay with it. It's a business. If he transforms the roster, and the support, I'm all in. Give me all you've got for whatever time you are here Coach. I'm pumped.

This moment..... the hiring of Coach Prime, has given me hope. It has been a very long time since I've felt like we truly have a chance at being back.
Welcome back! (Or at least the Buffs are back and all our mutual suffering is hopefully at an end)

Just one comment on Mel Tucker. Yes, I was pissed at that time, but when I got over that, I recognized it as a massive warning flag to the institutional barriers to success manifesting themselves in a massive way. That proved to be more true in the NIL and looser transfer portal era.

Hopefully, all of that is at an end now.

Back