What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Day Thread: Colorado vs Colorado State 2012

If you're that scared of the CSU front seven, then take the points on 4th on 1/2 a yard, otherwise line up the power formation, let the Powell run it in, score a td and the game is won.

The really sad part is we made CSU look good

I don't understand that playcall on 4th and 1. Your QB is obviously injured, and you bootleg it? Why not let Pow run it in? CSU's DL was good, but I think Powell would've been able to punch it in.

I just called it as I saw it at the time. Time will tell if I am correct.

Go **** yourself. If we want advice on ****ing our sisters or licking a cows asshole we will be sure to get your expert advice, but for now just shut the **** up and go jerk off to herbie husker or sheep monthly. You are on a site for a team you don't play anymore you pathetic fool.

I don't understand that playcall on 4th and 1. Your QB is obviously injured, and you bootleg it? Why not let Pow run it in? CSU's DL was good, but I think Powell would've been able to punch it in.
coaches over thought that one. probably figured csu wouldn't look for a bootleg seeing as though webb could barely walk, let alone run.

A few thoughts.

The new coaching staff coached the hell out of CSU. They had some great execution, and some great halftime adjustments. I can't say a single negative thing about they way that they were coached today.

I didn't think Eric Bienemy called a good game. I hated that he quit on the running game. Look, I understand that we were losing up front, but if you want an identity, you have to do more than just stick to it when the going is good. Identities of rebuilding teams aren't always forged by "well, this works," but rather simply, "this is what we are going to do". The game was close and EB got gunshy about running the ball. Gunshy about playing the game that he was brought in here to impose.

I was discouraged by the offensive line (obviously), but let's not forget that the skill position players got whipped as well. When the blitz is coming you have to have a blitz buster...someone, be it a back, end or wideout who you can trust to beat someone one on one and go get a tough ball for you. Webb tried to use McCollugh in that role late in the game, but they miscommunicated and frankly I didn't think he was particularly open on any of those plays anyway. Webb spent a lot of time out there getting killed because nobody was open.

A tight end is needed. Badly. I don't like to call out college players a lot, but Nick Kasa wasn't good enough. In the 3-4 you are going to spend a lot of time as a tight end going up against middle linebackers and safties (especially when CSU is sending both outside linebackers), and you should have a matchup advantage over both of them, especially when you are a big guy with outstanding athleticism. Zero catches. Some terrible blocking as well. Not good enough.

Some other things.

After the way his injury history has piled up recently, I'm disappointed to see Ray Polk already hurt. He has the opportunity this year to really break though, and I'd hate to see injuries take away from that.

KC can play. He took a couple lumps, but he is fast and showed some ability to tackle, always a plus.

I like the way Mosely goes for the ball. If he's not the first guy there, he's hacking away at the ball looking for the strip.

The Orms hit was obviously a penalty. He absolutely crushed the guy across the chin. After seeing the replay I was honestly pretty surprised the guy walked off the field, his head snapped back the same way it does when you see a guy take a clean cross off the jaw.

Gerald Thomas can move. On the play down by the goalline where the ball came loose and CSU ran it back all the way (even though it was called back) Thomas runs himself into the tv screen even though he was all the way on the other side of the field. I'd love to see him emerge as a deep threat.

A few thoughts.

The new coaching staff coached the hell out of CSU. They had some great execution, and some great halftime adjustments. I can't say a single negative thing about they way that they were coached today.

I didn't think Eric Bienemy called a good game. I hated that he quit on the running game. Look, I understand that we were losing up front, but if you want an identity, you have to do more than just stick to it when the going is good. Identities of rebuilding teams aren't always forged by "well, this works," but rather simply, "this is what we are going to do". The game was close and EB got gunshy about running the ball. Gunshy about playing the game that he was brought in here to impose.

I was discouraged by the offensive line (obviously), but let's not forget that the skill position players got whipped as well. When the blitz is coming you have to have a blitz buster...someone, be it a back, end or wideout who you can trust to beat someone one on one and go get a tough ball for you. Webb tried to use McCollugh in that role late in the game, but they miscommunicated and frankly I didn't think he was particularly open on any of those plays anyway. Webb spent a lot of time out there getting killed because nobody was open.

A tight end is needed. Badly. I don't like to call out college players a lot, but Nick Kasa wasn't good enough. In the 3-4 you are going to spend a lot of time as a tight end going up against middle linebackers and safties (especially when CSU is sending both outside linebackers), and you should have a matchup advantage over both of them, especially when you are a big guy with outstanding athleticism. Zero catches. Some terrible blocking as well. Not good enough.

Some other things.

After the way his injury history has piled up recently, I'm disappointed to see Ray Polk already hurt. He has the opportunity this year to really break though, and I'd hate to see injuries take away from that.

KC can play. He took a couple lumps, but he is fast and showed some ability to tackle, always a plus.

I like the way Mosely goes for the ball. If he's not the first guy there, he's hacking away at the ball looking for the strip.

The Orms hit was obviously a penalty. He absolutely crushed the guy across the chin. After seeing the replay I was honestly pretty surprised the guy walked off the field, his head snapped back the same way it does when you see a guy take a clean cross off the jaw.

Gerald Thomas can move. On the play down by the goalline where the ball came loose and CSU ran it back all the way (even though it was called back) Thomas runs himself into the tv screen even though he was all the way on the other side of the field. I'd love to see him emerge as a deep threat.

Totally disagree. Watched the replay several times and thought it was a clean hit. If the safety is not allowed to blow up a WR on a play like that they should just move to flag football.

You better hope and pray im not in charge of u next week. Im going to nebraska this week, dont be there peckerwood.

I am waiting, would you like the Section, Township, and Range where I can be found, hell I can even add a Government Lot if that helps!!!!

Crawley and Tupuo can play. Thomas seemed to have the jitters, but looks to me like he has some big play potential.

I thought overall the defense looked good and played well. The offense and special teams stuck them with some poor field position more than once.

The offense has a lot of work to do. The line play was quite lacking and Tony Jones does not look like a big time back.

This season will not result in a bowl game. Recruiting for 2013 will suffer/suck. We're not a bad FCS team though...

A few thoughts.

Some other things.

Nice summary. But it's obvious Bohn hired cheaply, politically and nostalgically. We may have 3 wins this year. Recruiting will suffer/suck.

This program will be a perennial bottom dweller in football for many years. Thank God for basketball.

Nice summary. But it's obvious Bohn hired cheaply, politically and nostalgically. We may have 3 wins this year. Recruiting will suffer/suck.

This program will be a perennial bottom dweller in football for many years. Thank God for basketball.

What coach would you have preferred?

Bienemy should have called Polk into his office the first day he was hired...."You're the new starting running back"

How hard was that?!?!?!?!?

The special teams gaffe right before halftime was obviously the difference between us losing vs. winning going away - those kinds of momentum swings can be huge to young teams. But we got flat.out.outcoached the entire game. Credit to CSU for making very few mistakes and for making adjustments. Jeezus that was along walk out of that stadium.

The special teams gaffe right before halftime was obviously the difference between us losing vs. winning going away - those kinds of momentum swings can be huge to young teams. But we got flat.out.outcoached the entire game. Credit to CSU for making very few mistakes and for making adjustments. Jeezus that was along walk out of that stadium.

I thought that was a key sequence in the game. If we go in to the half up 14-3 it looked like we were on our way to another methodical win similar to last year's, but looking back that turnover and subsequent TD looked like the big momentum swing that CSU needed.

I thought that was a key sequence in the game. If we go in to the half up 14-3 it looked like we were on our way to another methodical win similar to last year's, but looking back that turnover and subsequent TD looked like the big momentum swing that CSU needed.

Agree.

Buffzone article on Crawley noted that D.D. had never fielded a punt in a college game. I don't think he'll get another shot for a while.

Annnd still waiting for someone to tell me why we even had a guy back returning that kick with 30 seconds til halftime when we were in complete control

Back