What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game thread: Big 12 Tourney vs Texas Tech

ugh. back to 15. RED RAIDERS on the back of the jersey looks stupid.

c'mon guys.

Stupider than the previous jerseys that had "TEXAS TECH" on the front in a white font you could see from space?

Hard for the Buffs to take high percentage shots when they don't have a quality big man to push anyone around in the paint.

Stupider than the previous jerseys that had "TEXAS TECH&" on the front in a white font you could see from space?

no kidding. like 64 font when the rest of the jersey was at 16. those red, white, black threads they wore under RMK looked like they were designed by the Nazi Party. Red, Black, White.

that was a letdown.

Yeah. Bz has to figure out how to get this team ready to go in road/neutral games.

This one hurts. I wasn't ready to see this season end and we should have handled Texas Tech.

I'm still very excited about next season, though. And I can't wait to see who we sign next month.

Yeah. Bz has to figure out how to get this team ready to go in road/neutral games.

This one hurts. I wasn't ready to see this season end and we should have handled Texas Tech.

I'm still very excited about next season, though. And I can't wait to see who we sign next month.

I'm excited, too. it's just a game like this and a good showing against KU could really get the casual fan/hawkins refugee fan on-board for the hoops program. mometum through the off-season. now, let's say, the casual fan watched the game at work or went to the sports bar....after that egg we dropped, we have to "win them back" next year....

that's my micro-thinking too hard about it-analysis....from years of the CU fan psychology re: hoops.

if i'm Mike Bohn, or whichever of his underlings markets hoops, i start marketing Burks and Higgins and season tix for next year.

Last edited:
Anybody who watched knows why we lost so no need for me to add. Our needs are pretty glaring. There is one thing I wanna see next year, somebody to step up and be the leader. I dont know if Higgins has that type of personality. Somebody to step in and settle the guys down when the other team is making a run on us. When Tech started hitting, I saw panic. Who knows who it's gonna be but somebody has to step forward and do it.

I'm excited, too. it's just a game like this and a good showing against KU could really get the casual fan/hawkins refugee fan on-board for the hoops program. mometum through the off-season. now, let's say, the casual fan watched the game at work or went to the sports bar....after that egg we dropped, we have to "win them back" next year....

I really doubt any casual basketball fan was watching this game.

I am excited for next season, but that could change depending on what happens next month. We HAVE to be better in the front court.

Well, that was quick. I saw some progress but CU left to many wins on the court early on. Jeff MUST get some "athletic" big men in here for next season or higgins,burks and relphorde will be gone and then we'll need a back court overhaul.

Well, that was quick. I saw some progress but CU left to many wins on the court early on. Jeff MUST get some "athletic" big men in here for next season or higgins,burks and relphorde will be gone and then we'll need a back court overhaul.

Yes, the team will suffer after next season when Higgins and Relphorde graduate, and PERHAPS Burks leaves. I think/hope Burks stays, but I also think Hornbuckle and Sharpe will be good. We will not be needing a back-court overhaul, even if it's not as good.

More than anything, we need to keep Bz...I've always trusted him as a coach, and I think he's showing he's getting things righted. Even if we only make the NIT next year, we need to keep him. I also hope he doesn't leave due to getting frustrated.

Bzdelic needs to get into a consistant recruiting mode. We need to bring in a couple of top notch guys every year. He has done an excellent job of improving the overall talent level since he took over. I kind of hated to see so many guys get run out of the program early in his tenure, but I guess it had to be done. I believe that with the positive press, results, fan interest, and facilities, if a couple of things bounce right recruiting wise, this thing could really take off. I believe that a winning program would be supported very well by the fans.

I don't know if you guys ever listen to Gil Witely on 1510 at the noon hour every day, but I do. He ****ing HATES Bzdelic. I don't get it. Its almost like he has some sort of personal vendetta. The guy is such a moron. I almost hate listening to him, but I enjoy listening to sports talk when I'm eating lunch and he's the only alternative if you want to listen to "local" sports stuff. He thinks he is a basketball expert because he played on the Marine traveling team when he was young.

Back