What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: Buffs host Cowpokes (1/15)

I didn't have a program, but when 31 got to four fouls, I couldn't believe they left him in. Then one of our guys, can't remember who, just went right by him for an easy layup. He didn't want to have anything to do with trying to stop the layup. I think, right after that, he got benched for a while at around the six minute mark or so.

Great defensive effort starting at that 12 point deficit largely sparked by the crowd noise & intensity changed this game....great way to finish by playing good fundamental bball, getting it done on the defensive side and then taking the ball to the hoop. Good win, now need to take it on the road :gobuffs:

Great defensive effort starting at that 12 point deficit largely sparked by the crowd noise & intensity changed this game....great way to finish by playing good fundamental bball, getting it done on the defensive side and then taking the ball to the hoop. Good win, now need to take it on the road :gobuffs:

Higgins was ****ing huge today. He kept the Buffs in the game in the first half and then he scored 5 or 7 straight points to get the Buffs back in it once they went down 12. He also played great D and hit clutch FTs.

Fun re-reading the gamethread at OrangePower. I recommend it. Lots of bitching about the refs.

I mean, there were some strange call and non calls. But I think it was pretty fairly reffed. Boyle did go off once on the ref though. I can't remember the circumstance. But to me, the refs let Okie's big boys get away with a lot of clear out underneath. It appeared to me that it was in okie's game plan to out muscle us. I think that may now be the word on us and we'd better get ready for it. It sure didn't hurt that we were NAILS from the FT line. It seemed, at the game, that for a while we didn't miss any.

I mean, there were some strange call and non calls. But I think it was pretty fairly reffed. Boyle did go off once on the ref though. I can't remember the circumstance. But to me, the refs let Okie's big boys get away with a lot of clear out underneath. It appeared to me that it was in okie's game plan to out muscle us. I think that may now be the word on us and we'd better get ready for it. It sure didn't hurt that we were NAILS from the FT line. It seemed, at the game, that for a while we didn't miss any.

I felt that the Buffs were getting hosed in the first half and the Pokes got the short end of the stick in the second as far as touch fouls go.

Buffs were 34-37 from the line. Unreal.

Fun re-reading the gamethread at OrangePower. I recommend it. Lots of bitching about the refs.

Okie Lite fans are some of the most inbred, rednecks you will ever encounter. Only thing worse I have ever seen is the Alabama horde at the Independence Bowl.

The keg was rocking today. so awesome. however, if we are gonna keep selling that place out, they gotta up the AC. it got effing HOT in there late in the 2d.

I felt that the Buffs were getting hosed in the first half and the Pokes got the short end of the stick in the second as far as touch fouls go.

Buffs were 34-37 from the line. Unreal.
Wow! 91.8918918919%! Thats almost 92%!

The keg was rocking today. so awesome. however, if we are gonna keep selling that place out, they gotta up the AC. it got effing HOT in there late in the 2d.

Yep. Really hot. It sucked going to the concession stand and seeing the disabled beer taps, :lol:

What a great time at the game. Nice to meet DBT and his daughter at the Dark Horse before hand. Relephorde was a key to days win and he was a beast. Also converted his free throws which was nice. Great crowd and electric atmoshpere. Sat next to Embo and the recruits. All seemed to have a great time and were pretty into the game. Great show for them.

Great Job Buffs!

What a great time at the game. Nice to meet DBT and his daughter at the Dark Horse before hand. Relephorde was a key to days win and he was a beast. Also converted his free throws which was nice. Great crowd and electric atmoshpere. Sat next to Embo and the recruits. All seemed to have a great time and were pretty into the game. Great show for them.

Great Job Buffs!

Are you kidding? I didn't know the recruits were right there. If I had, I'd have offered them some money. We were over one section and right behind you. So, did you slip any of 'em a few Ben Franklins?

I wonder when the last time we had a bunch of recruits get to attend a packed house like that.

Saw parts of the game on TV -- recorded it and plan to watch it all later. Great crowd; really nice to see the support for these guys and for the fb recruits, too. Really, really nice win. And that's the point....just win.

I don't care where they win.....just win.

I don't care who they get the win against....just win.

Ugly game, pretty game, I don't care how they win....just win.

We're all ready to be spoiled.

Really, really nice win. And that's the point....just win.

I don't care where they win.....just win.

I don't care who they get the win against....just win.

Ugly game, pretty game, I don't care how they win....just win.

I'm all about style points and moral victories. And juiceboxes. Juiceboxes are a nice touch. Why don't they offer those at the concession stand?

they need the beer back. Its to much of a trek to the secret buff beer lair at half time.

Quoted for truth. Jesus hell it was hot at the end. So worth it though.

The girlfriend was running a little late this morning, so we barely got in before the start of the game, but someone told me that the student section was full 20 minutes before tipoff? Gotta give them props. I know by the end of the game, it was overflowing so much that a lot of the students were in the general admission section.

The girlfriend was running a little late this morning, so we barely got in before the start of the game, but someone told me that the student section was full 20 minutes before tipoff? Gotta give them props. I know by the end of the game, it was overflowing so much that a lot of the students were in the general admission section.

it was pretty full 20 minutes before tipoff, and was totally packed by gametime. However, the reported tipoff was 11:30 I believe and the actual tipoff was somewhere around 11:50... so a little cheating.

they need the beer back. Its to much of a trek to the secret buff beer lair at half time.

the disabled beer taps front and center at concessions is pretty depressing.

The girlfriend was running a little late this morning, so we barely got in before the start of the game, but someone told me that the student section was full 20 minutes before tipoff?

just like for football....oh, wait.

Makes no sense that they give up that revenue yet still sell it to the club sections. Sounds pretty discriminatory to me.

Viva la revolucion!
che_web.jpg

it was pretty full 20 minutes before tipoff, and was totally packed by gametime. However, the reported tipoff was 11:30 I believe and the actual tipoff was somewhere around 11:50... so a little cheating.

Maybe we should do that for football games....

I figured it might be fuzzy math. Thanks Snow.

Just watched the game -- had it recorded. Some thots and questions:

1. Where did this team get its mental toughness? They just don't give in, don't give up.

2. Default is becoming a scrapper. Fighting for loose balls, setting picks....lots of the unsung work that a team needs.

3. Announcers (Bramm? and Sunvoldt) commented several times about the sellout and how great the atmosphere was today in the Keg.

4. I have no idea what that symbol was in Roberson's hair, but if he keeps getting rebounds, steals, etc, I don't care if showed up with a Phyllis Diller frizz. He was a force at 50 lbs less that the Okie lite bigs.

5. Interesting that someone mentioned the Okie lite fan sites bitchin' about the refs. Announcers said that Pilgrim has fouled out 2 games in a row, and another player (don't remember who) has fouled out in 2 of the last 3 games. He orange-heads -- that's your game, your guys did as expected.

6. A few times the Buffs were standing around on O, but for the most part, the off-ball movement and spacing was really good. Their passes also seem crisper this year. Chalk those changes up to coaching.

7. Last year, one player would shoot and the other 4 would retreat to play D. This year, this team is really crashing the boards. 3 consecutive games against good teams, bigger teams, and the Buffs have out-rebounded all 3.

I am stupider for reading all that. I guess its human nature to blame everything under the sun but your team, but man. I think of all the posts I read, only one said CU deserved credit. The "anti refs" thread was just classic. So, I have to ask myself, did osu really get jobbed by the refs or was the reffing fair? I mean, anytime a call goes the other way, its the ref's fault in the fan's mind, right? Well, I thouht the refs were pretty damned fair. Those bit bruisers for osu play really physical. Thats why they get called. Burks was very agressive going to the hoop. Thats why he drew calls.

But the worst posts, the ones that really pissed me off were the ones calling CU fans the worst ever. It makes me want to kick someone's ass. Shut the hell up and go back to oklahoma where the sun goes shining up your ass.

Nah that was me sneaking back into my house last night. :p

Opened up some jokes at my expense but I could give two ****s less.

Back