What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread - Colorado vs TCU: Sko Buffs!!!

I was looking up Dylan Edwards and see that he is from Kansas. When did he play for Coach Prime (before now)?

Dude. It’s 2023. He’s saying last years doormats are so much better this year that this conference doesn’t have any cake walks.
CU is. Stanford? They beat a bad Hawaii team in a high school stadium by 2 scores. I'll wait on them. I think they're going to get thumped by SC next week.

Comparing this team to the CU team last year is silly to me, and CFB media is doing it-Wilner, Canzano, Luginbill.......I could go on. There's no way that's not a factor in those takes.

Had he said "Look, I'm not sure what to expect from CU"......I wouldn't have an issue with that take.

Dude. It’s 2023. He’s saying last years doormats are so much better this year that this conference doesn’t have any cake walks
No matter what, there HAS to be doormats in EVERY conference. When one team has to win, and one team has to lose, by definition there will be doormat teams.

Backhanded compliments from both Wilner and Canzano.

Those guys have had their world fall out from under them. From being the premiere voices for a Pac-12 which led to them being carried in all major western markets to where they are now. And they have themselves to blame because they did nothing but carry water for the conference and cheerlead every bit of dumb sh!t the Pac-12 did for over a decade, particularly with their Bay Area centric attitudes about college athletics which were completely divorced from reality.

Enjoy covering the ACC, assholes.

Prime is making massive money on his TV commercials and other endorsement income.

We will have to increase his salary but it isn't going to come down to a bidding war.

He seems to really enjoy Boulder, his kids are going to school there, the climate makes dealing with his foot issues easier.

Also seems like his relationship with Rick George is solid. Their hug after the game was not just a typical HC/AD hug, I think they really have a strong bond.
"Rick George" was the first name Deion mentioned when he was interviewed on the field immediately after time expired.

CU is. Stanford? They beat a bad Hawaii team in a high school stadium by 2 scores. I'll wait on them. I think they're going to get thumped by SC next week.

Comparing this team to the CU team last year is silly to me, and CFB media is doing it-Wilner, Canzano, Luginbill.......I could go on. There's no way that's not a factor in those takes.

Had he said "Look, I'm not sure what to expect from CU"......I wouldn't have an issue with that take.
What the **** are you talking about? Quit being a moron and get some reading comprehension for what Wilner was saying.

Backhanded compliments from both Wilner and Canzano.

Those guys have had their world fall out from under them. From being the premiere voices for a Pac-12 which led to them being carried in all major western markets to where they are now. And they have themselves to blame because they did nothing but carry water for the conference and cheerlead every bit of dumb sh!t the Pac-12 did for over a decade, particularly with their Bay Area centric attitudes about college athletics which were completely divorced from reality.

Enjoy covering the ACC, assholes.
Deservedly so. They did an absolutely ****ty job covering CU as a Pac 12 member.

When was the last time CU beat a ranked team on the road?
2002. EDIT--Actually, 2002 was the last time the Buffs beat a Top 20 team on the road. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the road win at Nubs in 2018 was when the hated ones were within the top 25.

Last edited:
I couldn't imagine a better first game of the season. There are lots of corrections to make, but give props to both the offense and defense to make plays when it mattered. We will be better next week and nobody got hurt!

Back