What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: MBB vs Wyoming (Formerly: Wyo roll call)

when i see you on a normal night ill make sure to praise your efforts, do you always sit around where you were tonight?

when i see you on a normal night ill make sure to praise your efforts, do you always sit around where you were tonight?

Yep. Feel free to come say what up. Also feel free to call me out if my ass is slacking off like tonight but I don't expect that to happen. Our whole student section could use that sometimes, I moved for the second half but I was trying to get everybody fired up in my section after everyone about fell asleep due to our ****** play.

Sounds great man, i know you wont slack off anymore, and i will agree with you about how lame the roller coaster guy/chant is

Ya its pretty weak. But I actually like the effort, at least somebody is trying to do something cool. Even though it isn't that cool. Its starting to catch on and more and more people are doing it. That gives me hope that this student section could turn into something cool with some good leadership. Losing isn't gonna help much though...

when you shoot less than 40%, gonna be tough to beat decent teams. give WYO some credit, they are winning. didn't their best player from last year transfer to OSU or OU?

i'm been harping all off-season that this team is going to have bad shooting nights that make winning tough. didn't think it would be tonight, but that's how it goes.

One thing that is troubling with this team is not having a go-to scorer. However, Dinwiddie might have stepped into that role last night. After Adams forced that one possession late, it was over. I think we have 2 guys that can play point, no not talking about Tomlinson, and the 2. They can both score as well, Booker and Dinwiddie. I think Dinwiddie is a little further along right now, freshman or not, I dont have a problem with him taking over the offense. I kinda wish he'd done it a few minutes earlier. Right now, including Roberson, he's our best player imho. A 6'5 point and he can score. He cant be afraid to take over, cant afford that when we have a bunch of guys that have to be set up to score.

Not saying we should roll along but we don't run an offense, can't shoot FT's, don't play tough D, and we have no idea how to break a zone.

I don't mean to gloss over the problems, and I too expect more than we're seeing from this team - however, I accept that this is going to take some time to figure out as people gain experience and settle into new roles.

Yep this is a team that we are gonna have to be patient with. Im expecting them to improve during the year and guys step into their roles. The zone is killing us. Their are more ways than one to break down a zone and standing around the perimeter with your thumb up your ass isnt one of them. Less we have guys move, the easier we are to guard, zone or man. It looks like we are so stationary because we dont have a ****ing clue what to do. I hope what we saw from Dinwiddie keeps going. We have to have somebody step forward and take control.

One thing that is troubling with this team is not having a go-to scorer. However, Dinwiddie might have stepped into that role last night. After Adams forced that one possession late, it was over. I think we have 2 guys that can play point, no not talking about Tomlinson, and the 2. They can both score as well, Booker and Dinwiddie. I think Dinwiddie is a little further along right now, freshman or not, I dont have a problem with him taking over the offense. I kinda wish he'd done it a few minutes earlier. Right now, including Roberson, he's our best player imho. A 6'5 point and he can score. He cant be afraid to take over, cant afford that when we have a bunch of guys that have to be set up to score.

I'm impressed with the talent that Tad has recruited out of HS. These kids will be able to play once they get their feet wet and step up rather than defering to the older players. Roberson is still our best player in my mind with a big but involved. That is that he is not a guy who can or should be a dominant part of the offense right now. He is a guy who will make his mark as a defender, a rebounder, and offensively working off opportunitities that others (like Dinnwiddie and Ski) create. To think that because he is a talented athlete that we can throw the ball to Andre and watch him make things happen is a recipe for disaster.

I am very disapointed in our transfers. Brown is talented but just flat dissapears when a defender is dogging him. Adams, as someone mentioned earlier is a ballstopper. In addition he is a momentum stopper. Last night there were two different occassions in the last five minutes when the Buffs had Wyoming on the ropes and ready to go down when Adams took the ball, held it in place long enough for the defense to reset, then tried to go one on five against that defense, both times resulting in not only empty possessions but also in controlled break opportunities for Wyo off which they scored.

This team is still figuring out who they are as a team and as individuals, hopefully the young guys will step up and take charge and Tad will let them do it moving the older guys out of the spotlight. I don't share a lot of peoples dislike for Nate, he's a good kid and a hard worker. He also isn't our main PG if we are going to be a winning team, he is simply to limited. Use him for a change of pace guy, a solid backup and he will be fine. SHT is similar. He is just overmatched inside against agressive bigmen. He plays like a guy from old-style international basketball and has a hard time dealing with guys who play aggressive games with strong moves and physicality. Still, we don't have a lot of choice but to play him because we just don't have enough bigs to play the minutes.

I thought Cain did play aggressively but you can tell he is out of shape and doesn't have his timing or explosiveness yet, once he does he will factor.

It looks like this is going to be a looooong and frustrating season with a lot of glimpses of hope mixed with some losses to teams we should never lose to (like CSU and Wyoming.) All in all though I think by the end of the year we will be a much better basketball team and with the incoming class (which will require another frustrating period of adjustment) our future looks bright.

Back