What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official NCAA Selection Sunday 2014 thread

It's a bit high for a team that finished 7th in the conference, but the ridiculous part is they get BYU as a 10. BYU should be in the play in game.

But to be fair, they won their last 7 regular season games, including Arizona and @ UCLA in 2OT. The committee gives a lot of cred for how teams play towards the end of the season. Given that they're only one seed above us, it doesn't seem all that bad a seeding to me.

But to be fair, they won their last 7 regular season games, including Arizona and @ UCLA in 2OT. The committee gives a lot of cred for how teams play towards the end of the season. Given that they're only one seed above us, it doesn't seem all that bad a seeding to me.

they aren't supposed to anymore. Committee took "last 10" out a few years ago.

And their UCLA win was when UCLA suspended their 2 best players

Last edited:
You realize there's a lot more teams in the east than the west, how many teams in the "west" made it? And sure they'd prefer not to have empty arenas but people aren't traveling to first/second round games for the part anyways unless they're in their backyard.
Yes I realize there are more teams in the East, that doesn't mean you can't somewhat regionalize the games. Why not have CU in St. Louis compared to Orlando? Sterile environments FTW!

Well, for me personally this sucked. Yes I was holding out hope for CU to go to Raleigh and being an 8 seed they could've gone there because there is an 8/9 game in Raleigh. Next I think that CU's worst scenario was an 8/9 seed in Orlando opposite Florida. Well, guess what.

I took Friday off but not Thursday, and we're playing on Thrusday. Next I'm waiting for us to play an afternoon game.

UNM got screwed (wife's an alum) by only getting a 7 and looking at a potential 2nd-round matchup against Kansas in St. Louis.

And as a Cuse fan they didn't get placed in the East where the regionals are in MSG.

ESPN plugging BPI nonstop.

Well, the BPI did predict the last 2 national champions (which is what they are pimping and hanging their hat on). Pretty amazing that their metrics are so advanced that they were able to come up with Louisville in 2013 and Kentucky in 2012. :rolling_eyes:

Well, the BPI did predict the last 2 national champions. Pretty amazing that their metrics are so advanced that they were able to come up with Louisville in 2013 and Kentucky in 2012. :rolling_eyes:

Yeah, my 3 year old nephew won a 50 person bracket challenge as well two years ago.

UNM got screwed (wife's an alum) by only getting a 7 and looking at a potential 2nd-round matchup against Kansas in St. Louis.

It was really Kansas that got screwed. They won't survive New Mexico, minus Embiid. KU should have been a #3 tho, imo.

Yes I realize there are more teams in the East, that doesn't mean you can't somewhat regionalize the games. Why not have CU in St. Louis compared to Orlando? Sterile environments FTW!
How many more Buff fans are going to StL versus Orlando? There's probably more alums in Florida than Missouri anyways.

Buffs are an 8 seed, it's based where the #1 seed is in the pod system.

How many more Buff fans are going to StL versus Orlando? There's probably more alums in Florida than Missouri anyways.

Buffs are an 8 seed, it's based where the #1 seed is in the pod system.
I would bet a whole helluva lot more than in Orlando. St. Louis is a 13 hour drive from Boulder, it's a 26 hour drive to Orlando.

Back