What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official NCAA Tourney & Allbuffs Bracket Challenge Thread

The block charge rule needs to be addressed. It's ridiculous.

I posted about this before. Get rid of those calls. If the offensive player doesn't dip a shoulder or throw an arm bar out - and the defender doesn't reach or undercut a guy, it's a no-call in terms of a block/charge. Defender needs to defend the player, not a spot on the court. You want to stand there and get run over? Fine. No foul on you or the offensive player. Deal with it.

I posted about this before. Get rid of those calls. If the offensive player doesn't dip a shoulder or throw an arm bar out - and the defender doesn't reach or undercut a guy, it's a no-call in terms of a block/charge. Defender needs to defend the player, not a spot on the court. You want to stand there and get run over? Fine. No foul on you or the offensive player. Deal with it.
I agree completely.

Another question, why are so many dudes slipping? I see it in the NBA too, just not as often. Is it the shoes, floor, or what? It like they are playing on a hockey rink.

4 different channels with games on right now and all of them are either between games or at commercial. This isn't supposed to happen, dammit!

4 different channels with games on right now and all of them are either between games or at commercial. This isn't supposed to happen, dammit!
The online stream is ridiculous this year. Any time you switch feeds an NCAA.com, you get 4 ads in a row.

An aside, why is NCAA a .com? Shouldn't it be a .org?

Some dude named Jim Spanarkel just made the comment "I never argue with pretty women" after the sideline reporter's post-halftime report. Seriously, dude?

Paging Brett Musberger.....

Some dude named Jim Spanarkel just made the comment "I never argue with pretty women" after the sideline reporter's post-halftime report. Seriously, dude?

Paging Brett Musberger.....
Let's not go overly PC here. Calling a pretty woman a pretty woman is perfectly acceptable.

Admitedly, I didn't. Just took it at face value from your comments.

Take my word for it. In context, it was pretty bad.

It's just amazing to me that these guys can still be that stupid these days. Just treat the female talent the same as the male talent, and you'll never get in trouble. It just doesn't seem that hard to me.

The online stream is ridiculous this year. Any time you switch feeds an NCAA.com, you get 4 ads in a row.

An aside, why is NCAA a .com? Shouldn't it be a .org?

Actually NCAA has both. The .com are really just scores and stats, and the .org is everything else.

Whole lotta chalk so far. That won't hold up. Buckle your seat belts for the Thursday evening and Friday games.

If I was a Northwestern fan, those stats would make me very nervous. You can't play better than that and you're only up 7.

I never made the Valpo Homer Drew/Bryce Drew - ****bailer Scott Drew connection.

Now I'm conflicted. That Valpo game against Ole Miss is one of my favorite tourney memories, but I just have no respect for Scott Drew.

Do we write Scott off as the black sheep, or do we say **** the whole family for not pushing him to get the **** out of that cess pit?

fwiw, we still haven't seen an upset. Middle Tennessee was favored over Minnesota.

Back