What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official NCAA Tourney & Allbuffs Bracket Challenge Thread

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Bracket Challenge
Group: Allbuffs
Link: http://allbuffsdance.mayhem.cbsspor...0ae270ce2f02b16c5a8?ttag=BPM17_cpy_invite_new

Rule Bonus: For each round, the seed number of your pick gets added to the points. So, if you correctly pick a 13 seed in round 1, you get 14 points for it (13+1), in round 2 you'd get 15 points if you select that team getting through (13+2). Trying something new this year to get away from correctly picking virtual chalk determining our winner.

Bracket
Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 4.24.17 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 4.25.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 4.25.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 4.26.27 PM.png

Last edited:
Tourney starts tonight.

16 seed play-in: Mount St. Mary's vs New Orleans, 4:40pm, TruTV
11 seed play-in: Kansas State vs Wake Forest, 7:10, TruTV

Mount St Mary's up on New Orleans by 3 with just over 15 minutes remaining

Great game right now. 4 minutes left and Mount St Mary's is up 1.

Mount St Mary's misses two free throws and is still up 1 with 2 minutes left

New Orleans is falling apart a little in the final minute. A couple of fouls and now they're down 3 and Mount St Mary's has the ball.

Never had time to get too into the numbers, but Wake was a weak inclusion. There had to be someone better. The potential for major upsets (beyond 12-5) looks slim this year, but it's March Madness and it makes even those that follow closely look like idiots. I would not be happy facing a 30 win MTSU if i was Minnesota. If UVA doesn't find any offense their game against 29 win UNC-Wilmington will stay close. Maybe a 4 seed like Purdue or Butler falls. FSU vs FGCU will be interesting. FSU can always do odd things.

Can't see UVA doing better than Round of 32 if they beat Wilmington. Florida in Orlando isn't great. Sweet 16 at most. Can only go so far before the lack of offense bites. Buzz may well work his magic, but I think Wisconsin is a bad draw for VT.

Today's games (both on TruTV):

16 play-in: NC Central vs UC Davis, 4:40pm
11 play-in: USC vs Providence, 7:10pm

Games start at noon EST today, so your picks will need to be made by then

My upsets: FSU going down (I agree with CVille about them doing weird things) in 1st round. Middle Tennessee over Minnesota. I like Bennett, but UNC Wilmington is my choice. ISU over KU, SMU over Baylor, and ND over Zags. I'm not sold on Florida, so while not recommending it, I still have them out in 1st round. I also wouldn't be surprised if Wiscy went to E8...although I have them losing in round of 32. Like most of the small teams, I know nothing of URI, but based on what I read and heard in the past week, I have them in S16.

Bracket Challenge
Group: Allbuffs
Link: http://allbuffsdance.mayhem.cbsspor...0ae270ce2f02b16c5a8?ttag=BPM17_cpy_invite_new

Rule Bonus: For each round, the seed number of your pick gets added to the points. So, if you correctly pick a 13 seed in round 1, you get 14 points for it (13+1), in round 2 you'd get 15 points if you select that team getting through (13+2). Trying something new this year to get away from correctly picking virtual chalk determining our winner.

Bracket
View attachment 22404 View attachment 22405 View attachment 22406 View attachment 22407

Thanks for setting this up!

Games start at noon EST today, so your picks will need to be made by then

Thanks for the reminder - busy day ahead of me (after a busy week). I definitely don't get my picks in if I didn't take 10 minutes to do it right now.

Irish are going to have to play with full effort today apparently. Doesn't look like the 3 is falling.

Princeton is pretty good man. They know how to attack a zone and get looks, not falling for them at the 3pt line either.

Back