What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Non-FBS Thread

Obligatory

FqokqccaYAA8oLI.jpg:large

This weekend #3 Montana will host #4 Montana State in the biggest game in the entire series of the greatest rivalry in the FCS. The winner clinches an outright Big Sky title and likely grabs the #2 seed in the playoffs, which brings a bye week and home field advantage throughout.

I'll be there, obviously. Going to be a long week waiting for this one.

Well here is the final regular season week for FCS football which means a week later, it's pretty much the final game outside of CCGs but I'm going to focus on FCS here and Hero Sports is a good website for FCS football news in addition to G5 football news.

Also the FCS Playoff Selection Show will be on November 19th at 10:30 am MT on ESPNU

This weekend #3 Montana will host #4 Montana State in the biggest game in the entire series of the greatest rivalry in the FCS. The winner clinches an outright Big Sky title and likely grabs the #2 seed in the playoffs, which brings a bye week and home field advantage throughout.

I'll be there, obviously. Going to be a long week waiting for this one.
If I had to bet I'd go with MSU. Chambers is a beast, as is Mellott....We went to 2 MSU games when we spent 1.5 years in Billings a million years ago. Vigen is a good HC and will likely get a G5 job soon, if he wants to go.

Last edited:
If I had to bet I'd go with MSU. Chambers is a beast, as is Mellott....We went to 2 MSU games when we spent 1.5 years in Billings a million years ago. Vigen is a good HC and will likely get a G5 job soon, if he wants to go.
Plus their kicker is like 7ft tall.

I didn’t even realize Sean Chambers was still playing college ball? When I watched WYO here and there during the 2019 season, he was good.

For those who haven't looked up the score, #3 Montana whipped #4 Montana State in every phase of the game, running to a 37-7 ass kicking. Montana wins its first Big Sky Championship in far too long and will almost certainly get the #2 seed (and home field advantage through the playoffs) when the field is announced today.

Went to the Mines game today and saw them advance to the DII quarter-finals.

Lopsided win, but I'll say Mines looks beatable. Poor tackling. No pressure with four, but blitzes worked consistently. O-line looked good and passing game is fire. Motocha and his receivers are in sync.

First CSM game ever, first D2 Game since I was a kid.

Fun atmosphere. No TV, rapid pace of game.

Field behind one of the goal posts had dads and kids gathering at each FG and try attempt, competing to field the kick. Good stuff.

Next up, 12/2, Mines hosts Central Washington.

1000008889.jpg

Last edited:
Went to the Mines game today and saw them advance to the DII quarter-finals.

Lopsided win, but I'll say Mines looks beatable. Poor tackling. No pressure with four, but blitzes worked consistently. O-line looked good and passing game is fire. Motocha and his receivers are in sync.

First CSM game ever, first D2 Game since I was a kid.

Fun atmosphere. No TV, rapid pace of game.

Field behind one of the goal posts had dads and kids gathering at each FG and try attempt, competing to field the kick. Good stuff.

Next up, 12/2, Mines hosts Central Washington.

View attachment 67365
I’d love in Golden in a heartbeat…but I’d imagine that several thousand people would as well.

Round Two of the FCS Playoffs this weekend:

Richmond at Albany
Youngstown State at Villanova
Chattooga at Furman
Sacramento State at South Dakota
Mercer at South Dakota State
North Dakota State at Montana State
Delaware at Montana
Southern Illinois at Idaho

Two big playoff games in Montana. Sometimes being a big fish in a smaller pond is a good thing.

Here's your next round of playoffs:

Furman at Montana (Friday)
Villanova at SDSU
NDSU at South Dakota
UAlbany at Idaho

I'm thinking Montana, SDSU, Idaho, and either NDSU or USD in the FCS semi-finals. That would be awesome to watch.

Too bad Albany beat Idaho and will be facing SDSU in Brookings.

NDSU at Montana could be a sight to behold.

Too bad Albany beat Idaho and will be facing SDSU in Brookings.

NDSU at Montana could be a sight to behold.
Idaho is trending up. Starting QB this year was a redshirt freshman I believe and he did well.

NDSU at MT should be a great game.

Next game is for the NC vs Harding!

Kutztown's only TD was a long QB run totally against the run of play, too. To say it was a dominant win isn't an overstatement, imo.

It's always weird to me that the D2 title game is played in a high school stadium, albeit a gigantic one. I feel like if they can't get a decent location, move it on campus.

Back