What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Oregon State Game Thread

Yes. I know.

You also think CU has talent.

I’ll stick with what I see.
Yeah, I don't know what to tell you if you don't think CU has some talent. You think Montez, McMillian, Shenault, Nixon, Sherman, Pursell, Johnson, Lang, Landman, etc. etc. don't have talent, I have nothing to tell you other than you're wrong.

Kentucky is a bore to watch.

What has MM done though? Outside of 2016, which is looking more and more like an accident, what has he done?

Are we better than when he arrived? Yes. Are we good enough to justify his current employment? Debatable.
I've openly said he needs to go, so I don't know what you're trying to argue...

I've openly said he needs to go, so I don't know what you're trying to argue...

Not arguing with you just replying to various topics. More that Stoops hire appears positive while ours does not. I don’t even know what to actually think other than researching how to get out of some plane tickets.

Let me jump in on this wagon. I’ve been busy doing my and my wife’s makeup for 3 hours for Halloween. Yes, you ****s, I’m good at Halloween makeup. Anyways, I’m done. I’ve stood up for these coaches but this is inexcusable, this is a giant step back and I’m glad i didn’t watch. Secure the recruits and move on. This is a disgusting, embarrassing loss.

There really aren't any strong conferences this year. Alabama will lay waist to everyone in the SEC. The Big Ten is hot garbage. The ACC is Clemson and a bunch of average to hot garbage. The Big XII is garbage outside OU and Texas. The Pac is a whole bunch of average surrounded by more average. It's not a good year in CFB in general.

One doesn't have to look real hard at teams like Florida or LSU in the SEC to see those are not top tier teams. CSU outgained Florida for god's sakes. Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, and LSU are all where they are just because of preseason rankings and pre-existing opinions about the strength of the conference because when you watch them play, they aren't special.

You’re clueless. We’re talking amateur athletics. The rankings don’t measure your judgment of what’s “special”. Your opinion is irrelevant. The rankings order the teams by who are best in descending order among the available options. Teams make schedules years in advance to setup interesting/desirable OOC and in accordance with their conference matchup requirements.

Kentucky is 7-1 and has demonstrated that they’re good enough to be one of the nation’s best. Our dear old buffaloes can’t pull that off. I wish that we would.

You’re clueless. We’re talking amateur athletics. The rankings don’t measure your judgment of what’s “special”. Your opinion is irrelevant. The rankings order the teams by who are best in descending order among the available options. Teams make schedules years in advance to setup interesting/desirable OOC and in accordance with their conference matchup requirements.

Kentucky is 7-1 and has demonstrated that they’re good enough to be one of the nation’s best. Our dear old buffaloes can’t pull that off. I wish that we would.
If you really think the rankings are actually reflective of on field talent after the top couple than I've got some swamp land to sell you. Kentucky hasn't done anything to demonstrate they're a top flight team. Neither have Florida, Georgia, LSU, or a bunch of other teams that occupy high rankings. Texas hasn't done jack. Oklahoma hasn't done jack. It's not enough for me, personally to just win games. You have to win them impressively.

Let me jump in on this wagon. I’ve been busy doing my and my wife’s makeup for 3 hours for Halloween. Yes, you ****s, I’m good at Halloween makeup. Anyways, I’m done. I’ve stood up for these coaches but this is inexcusable, this is a giant step back and I’m glad i didn’t watch. Secure the recruits and move on. This is a disgusting, embarrassing loss.
Thanks. Enjoy your ****ing party!

giphy.gif

I turned off the game at 31-3 because we weree having a Halloween party.

How the **** did we lose that game? What happened? We didn't even have a turnover. What the **** happened?
Left right before half too. When I got back, I was like WTF is going on? Didn't take long to figure that one out.

Lindgren knew who to go after in the secondary. Also, they thought it was over at half-time. That's a ****ed up recipe. Momentum is huge in college football. Add in, everything damn near everybody was worried about. Build inside out, not the other way around.

If you really think the rankings are actually reflective of on field talent after the top couple than I've got some swamp land to sell you. Kentucky hasn't done anything to demonstrate they're a top flight team. Neither have Florida, Georgia, LSU, or a bunch of other teams that occupy high rankings. Texas hasn't done jack. Oklahoma hasn't done jack. It's not enough for me, personally to just win games. You have to win them impressively.

You don’t get it. There are 130 teams in FBS. They’re all amateurs. Apparently you don’t think any of that matters. The rankings only show who’s roughly best among the eligible teams. Apparently, in your mind, you’re the arbiter of “special”.

Good luck with your land.

Huh? Georgia signs multiple 5 star players a YEAR. If you actually believe Georgia isn’t reflective of on field talent I’m sorry but you’re a ****ing idiot.

Sorry if someone had already said this (not reading all of this thread), but this loss is on Chev. The offensive play calling in the second half was inexcusable.
Half yes. Other half on defensive backfield. Any and every pass thrown was caught. Or Def PI.

Seriously? How did this happen? We didn't even turn over the damn ball.
OSU switched QBs to a guy who got the ball out quickly. Our DBs couldn't cover and committed a ton of penalties. OL couldn't control the LOS so we had a bunch of 3 & outs. Also, OSU made every key play by converting on 3rd & 4th down, blocking a FG and keeping CU from converting on 3rd & 4th. Also had some drops by the WRs - even in the 1st half - that could have blown this too wide open to be ****ed up.

Final drive on defense, up by 6 with 2 minutes left -- a personal foul and a PI gave OSU 30 yards to put them in position. They literally gained 45 yards in under 20 seconds to start that drive. Lang came up with a huge blocked XP or we wouldn't have even had the OT opportunity. (Lang had a bit of a coming out party today with that and a couple sacks.)

Huh? Georgia signs multiple 5 star players a YEAR. If you actually believe Georgia isn’t reflective of on field talent I’m sorry but you’re a ****ing idiot.
Have you watched the games? Maybe shouldn't have said talent. Should have just said how well the teams have played/how good they've looked. All those teams I pointed out sign major talent every year, but their on field product this year is a big old whoof!

Have you watched the games? Maybe shouldn't have said talent. Should have just said how well the teams have played/how good they've looked. All those teams I pointed out sign major talent every year, but their on field product this year is a big old whoof!

I can buy that but those teams are the gold standard of recruiting.

I don’t count the 75 yard run in this debacle
Meh. You have to, just like you'd count it if OSU had a 75 yard run.

As @Duff Man and I were discussing earlier, the DNA of this offense is that it cannot sustain drives and sinks or swims based on making enough explosive plays. That's exhausting for the defense and makes it damn difficult to close teams out or to punch it in from the red zone.

Meh. You have to, just like you'd count it if OSU had a 75 yard run.

As @Duff Man and I were discussing earlier, the DNA of this offense is that it cannot sustain drives and sinks or swims based on making enough explosive plays. That's exhausting for the defense and makes it damn difficult to close teams out or to punch it in from the red zone.
The way I saw it was that the psyche of the entire team changed with that run though. The defense got soft. The offense got soft and conservative. The team thought they would coast to the finish line.

Back