What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pac-12 Championship Buffs vs. Washington Score Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressure is all on Washington in this one.

Buffs should play loose but with a chip on their shoulders and let it ride.
100% agree with this. I have no specific reasons to think this, I just really feel it. And I think that the players realize that both of their losses were without Liufau (as great as Montez played, and he will do even better next year).

If the Buffs had played Rutgers and Washington had played at Michigan, we'd be the 11-1 team and they'd be the 10-2 team. I really don't think there is a lot separating these teams. The Buffs have had a few more games where one or two phases of the game weren't quite clicking. If they are firing on all cylinders, I think they win. Defense wins championships and I love this defense.

Buffs 31
Huskies 23

Shameless homer ---- Buffs 31, Huskies 27. ROSE BOWL!!!

***Please don't let special teams ruin this afternoon!***

Buffs 35
Pups 17
Sefo and company have a good day, Browning gets picked 3 times, and MM gets a Gatorade shower.

I don't feel great about this matchup. It will be won in the trenches and U-dub seems better on both the O and D-lines.
Huskies 24
Buffs 21

Yuck - I hate myself.

There is a big talent disparity here... Two solid running backs with different styles, 3 stud WRs, 2 with elite speed, great special teams and a defense that causes opposing teams to not want to get hit anymore. Your QB will get pounded when he tries to run...

This is the best Husky team since the early 90s. Your team is good but we have much better athletes across the board and we will shut down the run and make your QB throw....to our secondary that has 3 NFL players in it right now....

Where we are vulnerable....mobile QBs, throwing to TEs.

41-13 dawgs. Probably close at half.

There is a big talent disparity here... Two solid running backs with different styles, 3 stud WRs, 2 with elite speed, great special teams and a defense that causes opposing teams to not want to get hit anymore. Your QB will get pounded when he tries to run...

This is the best Husky team since the early 90s. Your team is good but we have much better athletes across the board and we will shut down the run and make your QB throw....to our secondary that has 3 NFL players in it right now....

Just out of curiosity, have you watched a full CU game all year? I'm predicting 24-17 you guys, but there is no way I see that big of a blowout. Michigan didn't even beat us by that much when we are on the road. You guys are more talented than Michigan?

Wow lol.

Just out of curiosity, have you watched a full CU game all year? I'm predicting 24-17 you guys, but there is no way I see that big of a blowout. Michigan didn't even beat us by that much when we are on the road. You guys are more talented than Michigan?
It is clear most UW fans haven't watched the Buffs

You're in a for a treat! We don't have a particularly mobile quarterback, and we've thrown to a TE, like, three times all season!

Also, welcome to Husky 1992.

I find this "wear you down with better athletes narrative" interesting. No doubt that UW has some great athletes. But our teams have managed very similar statistics (CU is slightly better defensively, and UW slightly better offensively) while playing in the same conference (though I'm sure you'd acknowledge that our OOC schedule was considerably more rigorous).

My question is, how do your reconcile your narrative with the statistics, which say it should be a very evenly matched game? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm simply trying to understand your logic.

If we can get to 30, we win. 23 or 24 if we have one or less turnover and special teams doesn't crap the bed. Can't bring myself to make a prediction, but we can win this game.

games like this is where it will pay dividends from playing @ the Coliseum, @ the Big House, @ Autzen, @ stanford

Have you guys learned nothing this season?
DRINK THE KOOL AID!!!

MM will have them prepped and ready!
Their goal all season was teh p12 champinoship, and htey have to go 1-0 to get it!

Not much difference between #4 and #8...here's the score:

CU: 37
PUPPIES:24

We'll show up.

Take it easy on us. we're fragile and soft.

We are just happy to be here. Win by as many points as you want! We definitely backed into the conf championship with an easy OOC and easy conference slate with our less athletic team.

Yes I have watched multiple condensed games on the Pac-12 network. More talented than Michigan -- I don't know about that but from a matchup perspective, we will shut your run game down and force your QB to throw and it won't end well.

I have watched games and have seen your QB, even in HS. Stats are great but if you want to understand my basis, look at how the huskies have fared against opponents when we were able to shut down the run game. Rule out SC who has a good QB and the Arizona game which was simply a bad game for us all around. You will get behind, you won't be able to run and you'll have to rely on a passing offense...again throwing into a secondary with 3 players who are likely to be drafted in the NFL and one player who was freshman defender of the year. Simply put, it's a bad matchup for you guys.

When you played a great defense like Stanford, look at your score. Look at what we did to stanford ( again, shut down their running game and forced them to throw ).

Mcaffery and Freeman both took multiple weeks to return to form after they played against our defense. It's about the matchup.

Also, welcome to Husky 1992.

I find this "wear you down with better athletes narrative" interesting. No doubt that UW has some great athletes. But our teams have managed very similar statistics (CU is slightly better defensively, and UW slightly better offensively) while playing in the same conference (though I'm sure you'd acknowledge that our OOC schedule was considerably more rigorous).

My question is, how do your reconcile your narrative with the statistics, which say it should be a very evenly matched game? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm simply trying to understand your logic.

Colorado State, Idaho State and yes michigan. 1 game better schedule and yes I watched the Michigan game -- you were outscored 38-7 in the final 3 quarters. The point is yes, it was a stronger schedule by 1 game and yes, you lost that game handily.
We are just happy to be here. Win by as many points as you want! We definitely backed into the conf championship with an easy OOC and easy conference slate with our less athletic team.

I have watched games and have seen your QB, even in HS. Stats are great but if you want to understand my basis, look at how the huskies have fared against opponents when we were able to shut down the run game. Rule out SC who has a good QB and the Arizona game which was simply a bad game for us all around. You will get behind, you won't be able to run and you'll have to rely on a passing offense...again throwing into a secondary with 3 players who are likely to be drafted in the NFL and one player who was freshman defender of the year. Simply put, it's a bad matchup for you guys.

When you played a great defense like Stanford, look at your score. Look at what we did to stanford ( again, shut down their running game and forced them to throw ).

Mcaffery and Freeman both took multiple weeks to return to form after they played against our defense. It's about the matchup.

I hope your attitude pervades the entire team.

We play our best as underdogs. Ask vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back