What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Phillip Lindsay Really is the first undrafted rookie in the ProBowl Thread

Phil was obviously great at CU, but watching him on Sundays has me feeling like he hit an extra gear when he got to the NFL. His long one yesterday was so smooth and effortless, with multiple “next level” moves to break it. I just don’t recall him looking that fast and explosive at CU. He’s making NFL defenses look slow at times.
Huh?

He seems maybe a touch quicker after the combine training, but his top end speed is the same. That run was quintissential Phil.

Phil has found a perfect situation in Denver. It’s a great fit for both him and the team. Getting 12-15 touches per game is going to keep him healthy and productive.

https://theathletic.com/529242/2018/09/17/how-did-every-nfl-team-overlook-phillip-lindsay/
From April to September, Lindsay did what many national scouts apparently believed he couldn’t: He landed on an NFL depth chart, then rose from the bottom rungs to become a lock for the 53-man roster (since 1997, at least, the Broncos haven’t held an undrafted rookie out the final preseason game because he was too good to risk injuring).
Lindsay went from the local feel-good story to one of the stories in the NFL.
For the first two games of the season — and really since the start of OTAs when linebacker Brandon Marshall declared him the Broncos’ new third-down back — Lindsay has surprised some who believed they knew him well.

This stat is CRAZY:
Through Sunday, Lindsay ranked third in the league with 178 rushing yards, sixth with 6.14 yards per carry and second with nine rushing first downs.

Lots of love for him on the fan this morning. Talked about if he is the number one back now. To which Mark said maybe not, just because he’s needed so many other places than just offense. Had another person on that’s the insider and he talked about how Phil just always does everything right. Hard worker, consistent, and humble.

Move over Von. Phil’s the face of the Broncos. HEY VON!! LET GO OF PHIL’S COLLAR!!!!

Top end speed was never his strength and even on the long one Sunday he got run down from behind.

What he showed though was an elite level of quickness that he can use while running at full speed. He has also proven that he can slip and break tackles at the pro level like he did in college.

Top end speed was never his strength and even on the long one Sunday he got run down from behind.

What he showed though was an elite level of quickness that he can use while running at full speed. He has also proven that he can slip and break tackles at the pro level like he did in college.
He looks noticeably faster to me than he was in 2016. That play you're referencing, I actually saw it differently. The Raiders DB had a lead and the angle on PL, and Phil caught up to him, and was almost still able to run around him. You can tell he has excelled at identifying his weaknesses and working his ass off to improve in those areas. I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing him succeed the way that he has.

He got run down yesterday because angles, otherwise he would have housed it. That’s kind of my point is that he was never a guy in college who was going to take it 75 yards by outrunning everyone. The ASU run comes to mind where guys caught him and he had to weave and make them miss to get in. That 4.3 pro day speed is showing up on th NFL field in a way we didn’t see in Boulder, IMO.

I caught the 4th qtr of the game. Every time he was on the field, I got super excited. To see Phil Lindsay get this much notoriety this fast is great! I haven’t been this excited about the NFL since I was a kid. I mean, I bought a Broncos t-shirt not too long after he signed! That’s Disneyland level excitement for me!

I would love it if Phil could blow up nationally and cash in on endorsements, etc. Make up for the undrafted rookie salary he's currently on.

This could very well happen.

Every kid in the country who is under 5'10" and dreams of playing in the NFL is going to see him as a role model. If my kid is going to look up to a pro athlete he could do much, much worse than Phil Lindsay.

Back