What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Phillip Lindsay Really is the first undrafted rookie in the ProBowl Thread

This could very well happen.

Every kid in the country who is under 5'10" and dreams of playing in the NFL is going to see him as a role model. If my kid is going to look up to a pro athlete he could do much, much worse than Phil Lindsay.
Exactly why my son loves him - he's young for his grade, and small for his age (which is frustrating for him because Dad is 6'4") but fast and shifty as hell. So Lindsay is his idol.

This could very well happen.

Every kid in the country who is under 5'10" and dreams of playing in the NFL is going to see him as a role model. If my kid is going to look up to a pro athlete he could do much, much worse than Phil Lindsay.
I’d say it’s be tough to find a better one. Dude has always been solid blue collar work ethic and tough as nails. And always team first.

Someone more versed in the betting world should report back if they have a "Field" bet and what the odds are. How they have Sutton on the list and not Lindsay is beyond me, but if they have a Field bet, I'd be tempted to take it right now.

Someone more versed in the betting world should report back if they have a "Field" bet and what the odds are. How they have Sutton on the list and not Lindsay is beyond me, but if they have a Field bet, I'd be tempted to take it right now.

Why no Lindsay?

A subtle thing that impressed me: At the end of his long run, as he was about to get hit, he pulled the ball to his chest and wrapped both arms around it. Just shows me that his head is always in the game and he won’t make many stupid mistakes. I’m sure the coaches love that about him.
He switched arms on a run too, put it in the boundary side arm, textbook. Might have been the same play you're talking about. He did put two arms on it before contact as well. He's not just all effort, has fundamentals too.:D

He switched arms on a run too, put it in the boundary side arm, textbook. Might have been the same play you're talking about. He did put two arms on it before contact as well. He's not just all effort, has fundamentals too.:D

It was that same play (the 40+ yard run). What I also liked was that instead of dipping inside and taking the hit when the DB's angle got to him (all for maybe two more yards), he went out of bounds. He would have taken the hit in college; no need to do so in the NFL.

His explosion on that play was awesome, great burst after his first cut! Typical Lindsay; too bad we are the only ones who saw it from the jump.

It was that same play (the 40+ yard run). What I also liked was that instead of dipping inside and taking the hit when the DB's angle got to him (all for maybe two more yards), he went out of bounds. He would have taken the hit in college; no need to do so in the NFL.
Sproles has made a career out of being able to deliver a blow when contact is necessary, but avoiding it otherwise.

If anyone would like to invest in Lind$ay futures, I just need a CC# and an understanding of your appetite for risk.

Top end speed was never his strength and even on the long one Sunday he got run down from behind.

What he showed though was an elite level of quickness that he can use while running at full speed. He has also proven that he can slip and break tackles at the pro level like he did in college.
If he truly ran a sub 4.4 forty, I’d say top end speed is a strength.

I'm glad Phil is so grounded, because here comes the media.
I was thinking the same thing. He’s about to become a big name outside of the Denver area. Once the fantasy geeks get a hold of you, you are famous.

I was thinking the same thing. He’s about to become a big name outside of the Denver area. Once the fantasy geeks get a hold of you, you are famous.
When ESPN finds some of his post game interviews from CU they won't know what to cut out. When are the Broncos on Monday Night Football next?

Edit: Oooh, Oct 4 against the Chiefs.

If he truly ran a sub 4.4 forty, I’d say top end speed is a strength.

He did not get run down from behind!!! The Safety or Corner was actually 5 yards ahead of him and by the time they met at the sidelines, Phil was starting to outrun him. Had there been 5 more yards to the sideline, then PL smokes him. On his first pass TD in game 1, he looked like he was shot out of a cannon!!! Phil looks faster today than he ever has and that could be him finally at full speed from his original knee surgery that was so poorly done, maybe he is finally himself.

Phillip is a legitimate 4.39 guy and has a place in this league for a long time with his skills. He does not need to be a gunner much longer, just like the original #30, who went from Special Teams assassin to HOF Running Back.

Back