What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pre-Game Thread: CU @ Nebraska, September 8, 2018 @ 1:30 MT

https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...vs-nebraska-cornhuskers-prediction-picks-2018

Don't know if this garbage was posted elsewhere. I don't think this guy has ever actually watched CU play based on his comments that NU runs an up tempo offense that we can't replicate in practice, probably can't keep up with and don't know how to deal with.
Different author, but this is the same publication that predicted a 31-27 CSU win this year. Maybe its good that they picked the Nubs.

https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...-vs-colorado-state-rams-prediction-picks-2018

I was wondering the same thing. Here are the 18 starts by true freshman QBs between 2003-2015:

View attachment 26953

Thanks for this research.

4 of the games games were P5 vs P5. 2-2 record

Josh Rosen UCLA vs UVA - W 34-16
Brad Kaaya Miami vs Louisville - L 13-31
Chris Hackenberg Penn State vs Syracuse - W 23-17
Jared Goff Cal vs Northwestern - L 30-44.

The complete list has a 13-5 record padded by cupcake games vs the likes of Charleston Southern, William & Mary, Savannah State, Rice, etc.

The research shows that true freshmen who start often are studs with name recognition. And coaches like to ease their freshmen into college with a cupcake.

A significant outlier to this is Jake Browning losing to Boise State. (Also Wake Forrest’s frosh lost to La-Monroe and GaTech’s frosh lost to BYU).

Conclusion - Adrian Martinez may be NFL bound and has a 50/50 shot.
Trend would be a game decided by 2 or more scores either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dmb62H-X0AIvXN_.jpg

Seems like most of his analysis was leaning to a Buff advantage but then he picked the fuskers by 2 touchdowns.
Because he’s a nucking fub. He does articles for the bug eaters - if it wasn’t plain enough in his writing, it’s in his bio.

Fourteen points may be the difference, but it’s only gonna happen if the Buffs take their foot off the gas too early.

**** the huskers.

I was wondering the same thing. Here are the 18 starts by true freshman QBs between 2003-2015:

View attachment 26953

I wish I saw the rushing stats and I'm not sure if those are a good comparison to what Martinez could do. Marcus Mariota comes to mind.

And it was against Arkansas State which was an up tempo team as well. I don't think the Huskers have as many weapons as Oregon did at that time too.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/4042113/year/2016/mckenzie-milton

Milton did okay in his debut too.

This game is so much bigger than the CSU game....and yet the Pac 12 network says Utah is a key rival, and the national networks push CU/CSU.

We need a real rival again.

To the red attire -
After 30 years, the breakdown occurred...twins' schools both have red as a primary color and the youngest son's HS colors are red and blue.
Sigh...the things we do for our kids.
I realized about 3 years ago we hadn't played NU in 5 years and I decided it was stupid I had zero red in my closet. I bought a red polo shirt. I think I have worn in about once a year during the past 3 years when I went too long between laundry cycles.

I believe I have a subliminal aversion to red, even though my active, logical brain has tried to overcome it.

This game is so much bigger than the CSU game....and yet the Pac 12 network says Utah is a key rival, and the national networks push CU/CSU.

We need a real rival again.

Guess if the Utes don't want us to be their rival, we have both Arizona schools. I'm still ticked about last season in Tempe especially blowing that 4Q lead and that winning three pointer at UA being waved off plus UA having then unknown QBs shred CU's defenses to pieces. May Arizona burn!

The guy's bias is clear, emphasizing anything negative about CU but ignoring his returning 4-8 sqaud. I guess that doesn't matter because of practice. We're talking about practice, not a real game, practice...

Just had a nub in at my work, holy ****. The stereotypes were flowinggggg out of his mouth. "oh you're headed to Lincoln? You'll have a great time, we treat people with respect, you wont believe it. My friends have come to Boulder and been assaulted" "Frosty (sidenote: ****ing Frosty?) has us really rolling, those boys will be spitting fire" "I'm not sure we can win it all this year if I'm not being a homer, but, by next year I think."

Jesus Christ.

Just had a nub in at my work, holy ****. The stereotypes were flowinggggg out of his mouth. "oh you're headed to Lincoln? You'll have a great time, we treat people with respect, you wont believe it. My friends have come to Boulder and been assaulted" "Frosty (sidenote: ****ing Frosty?) has us really rolling, those boys will be spitting fire" "I'm not sure we can win it all this year if I'm not being a homer, but, by next year I think."

Jesus Christ.

Win it all as in the natty?

Holy **** that is some sort of delusion right there.

Win it all as in the natty?

Holy **** that is some sort of delusion right there.
Nebraska fans truly believe Frost is turning them into a dynasty of Alabama proportions. I believe Frost’s true ceiling is Bo Pelini where they are 8-9 wins most of the time, with the occasional 10 win season when things break right and they don’t play the best teams in the BIG 10 East.

Nebraska fans truly believe Frost is turning them into a dynasty of Alabama proportions. I believe Frost’s true ceiling is Bo Pelini where they are 8-9 wins most of the time, with the occasional 10 win season when things break right and they don’t play the best teams in the BIG 10 East.

Their problem is location. Lincoln is in the middle of nowhere, population- and talent-wise. They may think that Alabama is only on top because of their tradition, but the state of Alabama has a bigger population base itself and is surrounded by states that churn out football talent. Then you have fact that their conference covers the richest recruiting grounds in the country.

Nebraska has a much smaller population and is surrounded by states that just don't churn out talent. Plus, the Big Ten doesn't have the recruiting potential it once did. Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania have the talent to support the more local schools, but there's not as much left over as there might have once been.

The "tradition" that Nebraska thinks they can use to lure recruits isn't relevant anymore either. They haven't won a conference championship since before most of today's recruits were born. They don't want to hear it, but their "tradition" is as relevant to the class of 2019 as Pitt's or Syracuse's.

To be fair about Nebraska's long term prospects, they play in the Big Ten West. Even if CU was also in that division, you would have to like CU's chances too. Can't be as hard as going through the old Big 8 or Big 12 even when we were good. Wisconsin isn't much different from the non-USC teams... Nebraska will whip them eventually and win some B1G championships only to lose 62-36 in the CFP championship game to the mighty Golden Buffaloes of Colorado.

Why do I feel kNU is gonna be a hot mess and we will run over them? Hope I’m right! 66-32 Buffs. Lol.

If the chance shows itself, I hope the Buffs put up 70 points.

My wife doesn’t think I seem excited about this game. I’m excited as hell for the actual game. I’m not excited for the drive to Lincoln and sitting in what is most likely going to be a stadium filled with the hot breath of fusker football undertones and cabbage. I’m not excited to have side-eyed looks when I’m head-to-toe in black and gold and have to think if it’s really a side eye or just nubs being nubs and cant help having wandering googly eyes?

So, if the Buffs can prove a point by mid-evening on Saturday Night, I can drive home to Omaha happy and fulfilled!!

If the chance shows itself, I hope the Buffs put up 70 points.

My wife doesn’t think I seem excited about this game. I’m excited as hell for the actual game. I’m not excited for the drive to Lincoln and sitting in what is most likely going to be a stadium filled with the hot breath of fusker football undertones and cabbage. I’m not excited to have side-eyed looks when I’m head-to-toe in black and gold and have to think if it’s really a side eye or just nubs being nubs and cant help having wandering googly eyes?

So, if the Buffs can prove a point by mid-evening on Saturday Night, I can drive home to Omaha happy and fulfilled!!

We need to start an allbuffs gofundme to get you to the game next year. lol

Back