What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

Do you guys read this as CU would play 8 conference games and then 4 others against the Alliance ? Lets say NU at home and Iowa on the road and then
NC State at home and UNC on the road for example? So no more games against any other conferences ?

Last edited:

Do you guys read this as CU would play 8 conference games and then 4 others against the Alliance ? Lets say NU at home and Iowa on the road and then
NC State at home and UNC on the road for example? So no more games against any other conferences ?

All I want is one game every couple years within driving distance.

It's a small ask.

Edit: most of the ACC and 30-40% of the B1G is within driving distance. My hopes are high.

At this point it seems like any move the Big12 could make just relegates them to G6 status. Not a lot out there to move the needle in comparison to the Alliance or the SEC.

Flash forward a couple seasons and we might be looking at a P2 (Alliance, SEC) and a G6.
Careful here. UCF, Houston, Memphis, and Cincy my make the Big 12 a very good conference.

Compared to the RMAC?
slow clap GIF

Those schools would make the B12 an entirely meh conference.
I’m not sure Not Sure.

That hypothetical conference, although not as good as the original Big 12, certainly rivals the Pac-12. UCF and Cincy are legit programs with low admission standards and plenty of local talent. Houston and Memphis would be slightly below average in the Pac 12 but probably not the the worst team year in and year out.

don’t forget that being in the P5 gives them more recruiting horsepower. They have passionate fans and in the NIL era they could be very dangerous P5 teams.

BYU in a P5 conference with NIL could arguably be one of the better teams in the western US.

I’m not sure Not Sure.

That hypothetical conference, although not as good as the original Big 12, certainly rivals the Pac-12. UCF and Cincy are legit programs with low admission standards and plenty of local talent. Houston and Memphis would be slightly below average in the Pac 12 but probably not the the worst team year in and year out.

don’t forget that being in the P5 gives them more recruiting horsepower. They have passionate fans and in the NIL era they could be very dangerous P5 teams.

BYU in a P5 conference with NIL could arguably be one of the better teams in the western US.
dude abides GIF

Which was mostly the point. The scheduling aspect is secondary and will come together with time. I bet each program looks at their current OOC contracts and starts getting out of the ones that make sense to start opening up dates. I think they’ll also announce the drop of a conference game soon.

And yes, it makes sense to continue playing SEC
If I were to be in charge of this, the intent would be to NEVER play an SEC game, which could then allow “the alliance” from ever having a game shown on ESPN. If the only games ever shown on ESPN end up being SEC v SEC or SEC v DII, eventually people will get bored with that and ESPN will crumble. Then the SEC will crumble. Operation TEXAS - victory.
It’s a long game. But worth it.

I’m not gonna lie, I see no connection between the tweet you linked and your comment.

Careful here. UCF, Houston, Memphis, and Cincy my make the Big 12 a very good conference.
Fully agree (and fully disagree with the “Dude” comments). I would say the P12 may have one overall higher ranked team year in and year out. But routinely, I could see this New BXII as an overall more successful (in terms of ranked teams, bowl appearances) conference…unfortunately.

It's like everyone forgets what happens to team's records and rankings when they play 4-5 legit teams, 4-5 average teams, and 2-4 below average teams instead of 1-2 legit teams, 7-8 below average teams and 2-3 absolute cupcakes.
Like the time that UCF beat Auburn in a bowl game?

When was the last time any Pac-12 team beat a highly ranked SEC team?

Like the time that UCF beat Auburn in a bowl game?

When was the last time any Pac-12 team beat a highly ranked SEC team?
It’s one game that amounts to UCF’s Super Bowl. Same thing for the couple
Boise upsets in the past. Every now and then it happens, but not that frequently and how would UCF do playing USC, Utah, Oregon, Stanford, Washington, etc every week instead of ECU, Temple, Tulane, Tulsa, Memphis, etc??

What would the difference be between that proposed Big 12 from today's AAC? AAC would take a big hit in perception and the MWC would be right back to being the best G5 conference unless the Sun Belt passes them by now.

Big 12 men's basketball would be something to watch though.

Line em up 1-12.

or look at Top 25.
This isn’t even a question. Looking at one year of results to judge a football product is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. There isn’t one program from the group that would be able better over the long term than the top 5 in the pac 12 (usc, oregon, Washington, ucla and Utah). The pac 12 also has some good depth behind those with ASU, cal, Stanford and colorado. But good try.

Back