What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

Baylor fan here. Have always liked CU dating back to 90s when we had some close games when I first started caring. plus some family connections there. Curious about the PAC perspective on potential alliance talk. (Tried to read through this thread… geez some of y’all y’all love soccer.) frankly I think it’s sad. Had the big xii kept everyone and not been mismanaged it could have been the SEC/B1G rival more so than the PAC. I can tell you that in the last couple of years BU has cancelled research projects with LSU and SCarolina only to restart them with PAC schools, and scheduled with Utah and Oregon, in an attempt to position ourselves for realignment that we didn’t think was coming until 2024ish.
As great as the humor value (for me at least) would be, it’s best that CU and Baylor are never in the same conference. Continual losses to Baylor in football and hoops would have some of the Allbuffers taking dives off of 12 story buildings. FYI, keep in mind that Allbuffs posters are a very very small segment of CU fans in general and the odd obsession with Baylor isn’t universally shared.

As great as the humor value (for me at least) would be, it’s best that CU and Baylor are never in the same conference. Continual losses to Baylor in football and hoops would have some of the Allbuffers taking dives off of 12 story buildings. FYI, keep in mind that Allbuffs posters are a very very small segment of CU fans in general and the odd obsession with Baylor isn’t universally shared.
Okay?

Rape is of couse a hideous crime and religious hypocrisy has been around as long as religion itself, but big time college sports in general are pretty dirty. But again, the obsession with Baylor on this site is easily the strangest aspect of it.

And I do know that they tried to keep us out of the PAC12…and I do know that they backstabbed TCU when the B12,was initially formed. Again, college sports are a dirty money grubbing business that’s only going to get worse.

So, bailer is a bunch of rape enabling, back stabbing hypocritical jackasses but that’s ok because that just part of college sports?

Did I get that right?
It not OK. It’s one of many that are not OK. I think the CU obsession is more about the interference with joining the PAC12, than it is the semi-pseudo outrage at the rape charges. Plays right into CU’s general 20 year old inferiority complex…..

The P12 interference stuff is what made us hate them. The rape enabling is what makes us passionate about wanting the entire school to burn to the ground.
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Where does instructing your players to slander a murdered teammate in an effort to cover up your program's misdeeds fall in the spectrum?
Fuel for the fire that we all would gladly set to the campus if given the opportunity.

It not OK. It’s one of many that are not OK. I think the CU obsession is more about the interference with joining the PAC12, than it is the semi-pseudo outrage at the rape charges. Plays right into CU’s general 20 year old inferiority complex…..
Oh, the return of PAHI's defining trait: Explaining the motivations and intentions of others.

Dude.

If it helps, I carry a fair amount of hate towards PSU, Miami and UNC.

But this is what distinguishes Baylor:

1. Repeat offender. Followed up a murder cover-up with rape cover up. The actual institution was engaged in both - not just players.

2. Lack of accountability. CU essentially dismantled its football program when it became clear that the institution was enabling inappropriate behavior that resulted in crimes against women. What has baylor done?

3. The weird assumption (has been expressed at multiple levels publicly) that somehow an association with Christianity provides baylor moral-high-ground despite clear evidence to the contrary.

So as usual, please don't speak for my motives and intentions. I am capable of doing that myself. You are invited to inquire about them, if you wish.

That is true.

Also true that when you die, the population of tv viewers decreases by one person who never watches soccer.

From a ratings POV, your death has no effect on the numerator but does in the denominator.
That is also true. But this was initially posited as a numerator increase.

Oh, the return of PAHI's defining trait: Explaining the motivations and intentions of others.

Dude.

If it helps, I carry a fair amount of hate towards PSU, Miami and UNC.

But this is what distinguishes Baylor:

1. Repeat offender. Followed up a murder cover-up with rape cover up. The actual institution was engaged in both - not just players.

2. Lack of accountability. CU essentially dismantled its football program when it became clear that the institution was enabling inappropriate behavior that resulted in crimes against women. What has baylor done?

3. The weird assumption (has been expressed at multiple levels publicly) that somehow an association with Christianity provides baylor moral-high-ground despite clear evidence to the contrary.

So as usual, please don't speak for my motives and intentions. I am capable of doing that myself. You are invited to inquire about them, if you wish.
Oh heck Ken, I wasn’t speaking at all about your personal motives and intentions. I have no idea what those are and they are none of my business. But I do thank you for your rational and detailed post. Best of luck as always and have an excellent day.

Oh heck Ken, I wasn’t speaking at all about your personal motives and intentions. I have no idea what those are and they are none of my business. But I do thank you for your rational and detailed post. Best of luck as always and have an excellent day.
Of course you would never label me or create a narrative around my intentions, because that would lead - after a few years of persistence - to me inviting you to visit me in section 218 to get your ass fully kicked.

I also think many of us might be willing to soften our stance on bailer if the institution showed a shred of contrition for its actions. But they seem to think that their behavior is completely justified and perhaps even acceptable. They show absolutely no intention of making any changes to their standard operating procedures. They think the world owes them something because they’re good Baptists. It’s sickening.
**** bailer

Of course you would never label me or create a narrative around my intentions, because that would lead - after a few years of persistence - to me inviting you to visit me in section 218 to get your ass fully kicked.
Interesting.

Interesting.
He must be having another Off Day. I think Ken is one of the few CU visiting lecturers that threatens to “kick peoples’ asses”. In any event we wish him well and hope he gets control of his anger issues….

Ken, the only potentially helpful observation that I’m going to share with you is that you’re a lot more interesting to yourself than you are to other people. And most people won’t tell you that.

Ken, the only potentially helpful observation that I’m going to share with you is that you’re a lot more interesting to yourself than you are to other people. And most people won’t tell you that.
Dude programmed helicopters to fly themselves. I’d say that makes him pretty interesting.

1628721663710.png

Back