What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

Ken, the only potentially helpful observation that I’m going to share with you is that you’re a lot more interesting to yourself than you are to other people. And most people won’t tell you that.
Even more interesting, the Ken we see is only a character he plays. We don't even know if there really is a Ken.

OMG, this needs to ****ing stop!
Original statement, soccer viewership has passed that of baseball. I asked for a link or source that proves that. I was told to go **** myself and look it up myself. I did, turns out that statement was false. Now we keep “but but but”ing. Fine, here:
Game 4
9.332 M (2020)
Game 5
10.059 M (2020)
Game 6
12.627 M (2020)
Game 7
23.013 M (2019)
These are for the LOWEST viewed World Series of ALL TIME. Game 4 is close. 5, 6, 7 blow the MOST VIEWED ****ing euro game game, English/Spanish/Esperanto/whatever to pieces.
stop with the ****ing soccer.

Sept 19, 2020

• Thursday’s opening round of the U.S. Open averaged 841,000 viewers on Golf Channel, down 39% from last year on FS1 (1.38M)
  • Last Saturday’s Leeds-Liverpool English Premier League match averaged a 0.7 rating and 1.26 million viewers on NBC, marking the largest EPL opening weekend audience ever on U.S. television
  • Regional Major League Baseball on FOX (Astros-Dodgers or Indians-Twins) averaged a 0.9 rating and 1.64 million viewers last Saturday night, the network’s third-smallest primetime MLB audience in the past four years

Im a huger soccer fun. By volume I watch more soccer games Than football games. Were getting closer. But were not there yet.

Last edited:
Rape is of couse a hideous crime and religious hypocrisy has been around as long as religion itself, but big time college sports in general are pretty dirty. But again, the obsession with Baylor on this site is easily the strangest aspect of it.

And I do know that they tried to keep us out of the PAC12…and I do know that they backstabbed TCU when the B12,was initially formed. Again, college sports are a dirty money grubbing business that’s only going to get worse.
Its about some feeling of superiority, as we muddle along for decades on end at ~.500, that Baylor chose win at all costs and we didnt. See Switzer OU, Osborne NU for further insights

……at least on the P5 level.
Can you point us to a similar scandal under McCartney? No, you cant.

Last edited:
Good Lord… where do I start? I had no idea there was so much Baylor hate here. Like, this guy uncle Ken actually has the thujone Baylor teddy bear as his avatar. I get it I guess. My avatar on the Baylor message board is a pic I took of a longhorn looking at me as I was about to grill burgers on a worn out grill on my friend’s ranch. Cause ya know, I consider UT a rival.
I can’t imagine a CU hate avatar on my account because kinda like CU, especially this year. I looked it up and it’s 7-9. Also bad timing because ESPN article on ncaa ruling today. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...aylor-sexual-assault-allegations?platform=amp

I know quite a bit about the allegations. Followed the trials and the parties involved. Happy to answer any questions via Dm. But don’t want to clog a realignment/soccer thread with Baylor talk. Maybe I’ll post something else re realignment and 2012. That’s a legit reason to be pissed at BU but everyone was looking out for themselves.
6EBF763B-7FD4-4D6C-B085-5D32FBC18853.jpeg

Ps is there a CU forum that’s not so adamantly full of Baylor hate? Genuine question. I legit want to find out about fan perception and this upcoming season. Messages welcome.
You may find a CU forum that isn’t as repulsed by bailers hypocritical rape enabling criminal behavior as we are. You will have a hard time finding one where they don’t remember the way bailer openly tried to sabotage CUs entry into the PAC 12.

As great as the humor value (for me at least) would be, it’s best that CU and Baylor are never in the same conference. Continual losses to Baylor in football and hoops would have some of the Allbuffers taking dives off of 12 story buildings. FYI, keep in mind that Allbuffs posters are a very very small segment of CU fans in general and the odd obsession with Baylor isn’t universally shared.
7-9 all time in football. Would love to play y’all again but I’d be conflicted this year. It is an odd obsession.

Ps is there a CU forum that’s not so adamantly full of Baylor hate? Genuine question. I legit want to find out about fan perception and this upcoming season. Messages welcome.
Don’t take it personally. It’s not you. You won’t find a better site when it comes to assessments of our own team (we can be brutally honest sometimes) and opposing teams (we can be brutal sometimes). Stick around.

You may find a CU forum that isn’t as repulsed by bailers hypocritical rape enabling criminal behavior as we are. You will have a hard time finding one where they don’t remember the way bailer openly tried to sabotage CUs entry into the PAC 12.

I completely admit Baylor attempted to sabotage the move to the PAC 12 back in 2011. Texas OU A&M OSU and TTech maybe CU were going to PAC. Baylor pitched a fit because we weren’t included. Got lots of grief for it because we sucked at the time. CU jumped on board seemingly to prevent Baylor from making a move, but… none of the others followed their lead to the PAC. Except for Utah.

He must be having another Off Day. I think Ken is one of the few CU visiting lecturers that threatens to “kick peoples’ asses”. In any event we wish him well and hope he gets control of his anger issues….
I think I understand this post better than I did earlier.

You thought I was inviting you to engage in mutual combat.

Instead, I was referencing the time I did that a while back. It wasn't a fresh invitation to fight. Sorry for any confusion.

Certainly I own my reaction to you back then - it wasn't my finest moment. The issue isn't the issue; how I respond to the issue is the issue.

That's on me.

However, I'd mention that in all of my years on Allbuffs, you're the only poster to trigger me. Nobody else has gotten a raise from me at all. Sometimes I get annoyed with a poster, but I haven't lost my cool. With one exception (that's you, if you're curious). In fact, I no longer get angry or lose my cool in my personal life at all (I've been road-rage free for five years). I'm a pretty chill dude these days.

You are invited to be curious about what makes you unique in your ability to get a raise from me. Part of it might be my repeated requests (ignored) that you not label me or speak for my feelings or beliefs. Or maybe it was your unique ability to be wrong in all of your political predictions without any contrition our accountability. Look, I sense that you're set in your ways, so maybe there is no point to my invitation; but if you're into growth at all, I feel as though there may be an opportunity there.

Again, I'm fully accountable for my reaction to you a few years back. You are invited to be curious why you inspired that reaction.

Baylor fan here. Have always liked CU dating back to 90s when we had some close games when I first started caring. plus some family connections there. Curious about the PAC perspective on potential alliance talk. (Tried to read through this thread… geez some of y’all y’all love soccer.) frankly I think it’s sad. Had the big xii kept everyone and not been mismanaged it could have been the SEC/B1G rival more so than the PAC. I can tell you that in the last couple of years BU has cancelled research projects with LSU and SCarolina only to restart them with PAC schools, and scheduled with Utah and Oregon, in an attempt to position ourselves for realignment that we didn’t think nm

I completely admit Baylor attempted to sabotage the move to the PAC 12 back in 2011. Texas OU A&M OSU and TTech maybe CU were going to PAC. Baylor pitched a fit because we weren’t included. Got lots of grief for it because we sucked at the time. CU jumped on board seemingly to prevent Baylor from making a move, but… none of the others followed their lead to the PAC. Except for Utah.
And how did baylor land in the Big 12 in the first place? It seems like there were more qualified schools.

Last edited:
This isn’t correct. CU was the first school to get the invite to the PAC. CU was part of all scenarios involving the PAC. CU had already been invited years earlier at the time of the formation of the Big 12, and by a vote cast by an outgoing Board of Regents remained in the Big 12 on a 4-3 split. The new board would’ve voted in a super majority to join the PAC.

I see no scenarios where Baylor would be in the conversation to join the PAC 12, the Big, the ACC, or the SEC.

This isn’t correct. CU was the first school to get the invite to the PAC. CU was part of all scenarios involving the PAC. CU had already been invited years earlier at the time of the formation of the Big 12, and by a vote cast by an outgoing Board of Regents remained in the Big 12 on a 4-3 split.

I see no scenarios where Baylor would be in the conversation to join the PAC 12, the Big, the ACC, or the SEC.
Yep, I didn't spot the erroneous "maybe CU" in that post.

For Bailer fans hoping for a PAC12 invite, this is one opinion (USC so it may be the most important). This is just a part of the eviscerating comment.

Of all the Big 12 schools that might soon become football refugees, stranded and looking for a new home, Baylor is the one school that cannot be allowed to fail upward. This is the time for college football justice to be delivered.

Several schools considered for expansion might not be natural cultural fits for the Pac-12, but Baylor is in a separate league. If the Pac-12 allows Baylor inside its gates, the other schools that haven’t been able to get in the door for various purported reasons (academics, culture, values, logistics) would have every right to be furious. The Pac-12 would lose a ton of credibility… and with Larry Scott having absolutely nothing to do with it, either.

The answer to Baylor is simple: No. No way. Stop. Access denied. Go somewhere else.

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/24/pac-12-expansion-evaluation-baylor/

Wow. Just. Wow.

Instead, I was referencing the time I did that a while back. It wasn't a fresh invitation to fight. Sorry for any confusion.

Certainly I own my reaction to you back then - it wasn't my finest moment. The issue isn't the issue; how I respond to the issue is the issue.

That's on me.

However, I'd mention that in all of my years on Allbuffs, you're the only poster to trigger me. Nobody else has gotten a raise from me at all. Sometimes I get annoyed with a poster, but I haven't lost my cool. With one exception (that's you, if you're curious). In fact, I no longer get angry or lose my cool in my personal life at all (I've been road-rage free for five years). I'm a pretty chill dude these days.

You are invited to be curious about what makes you unique in your ability to get a raise from me. Part of it might be my repeated requests (ignored) that you not label me or speak for my feelings or beliefs. Or maybe it was your unique ability to be wrong in all of your political predictions without any contrition our accountability. Look, I sense that you're set in your ways, so maybe there is no point to my invitation; but if you're into growth at all, I feel as though there may be an opportunity there.

Again, I'm fully accountable for my reaction to you a few years back. You are invited to be curious why you inspired that reaction.
Ken, trust me in this, in the past I have never specifically labeled you personally nor characterized your beliefs or feelings. I do sometimes lead with things like “many posters here….” or “lots of Allbuffers….”, etc, etc. I think it’s an overreach for any specific poster to think that those types of generic lead-ins necessarily are targeting him or her. If I was referring to a specific poster I’d name them directly.

As to the incorrectness of “ALL of my political predictions”, I think that’s just flat wrong, though I’d gladly admit I’ve gone wide of the mark a few times. I’m human. And as far as contrition goes, forgive me for suggesting that a sports message board might be kind of a light venue for a weighty undertaking like contrition. I probably take the Allbuffs site, and hopefully myself, a little less seriously “than some others” (and not specifically you!) do.

Here’s a Truth: I recognize that I have had a snarky, dismissive, wise-ass, know-it-all slant to the way I write posts at times and I’m working on that. I’m pretty humble and polite in Real Life and I’m working on extending that to my small internet world, though the urge to be sarcastic usually looms in the shadows.

By the way, I can tell that you’re chill lately. It comes through in your posting. Though it really did seem like you were ready to throw a few chingasas my way again today.

Finally, what DOES make me unique in my ability to get a rise out of you? I’d be interested in your answer. I’m a nameless faceless bunch of letters and spaces on an obscure sports website. Compared to any real life enemies, challenges, or adversaries you likely faced in your education and/or career I can’t possibly rank in the upper 3 quartiles, right? It’s the internet, Ken. I could be an 84 year old deaf and dumb convict with a ninth grade education in a medium security prison, or a 27 year old female prostitute in Fremont, Nebraska, or a physics professor at an Ivy League university.

Also, I’ve said this to you before and I’ll say it again - Sincerely, thank you for your service. I hope that doesn’t sound cliched or trivial, because you probably hear it a lot. Peace and Go Buffs.

That's on me.

dr. phil.jpg

Do you have any question that I feel superior to you?
HaHa! Thanks, I’m sure I’m in a very large and very respectable pool….CU always had more than its share of loud mouth East Coast jackasses with superiority complexes when I was going there. Believe me when I say that the CO in-staters are glad that most of them went back to where they came from.

Back