What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

I could see USC trying to go to the Big Ten for football only. Would the Pac-12 let them stay for everything else?

I hope so. Tad needs those wins.

200w.gif

Probably between people dying and ratings go up.

Are boomers currently physically preventing people from watching soccer right now?
I didn’t mean for this to be a mean comment, I was just saying how things are going when a population that hates soccer “goes away” the popularity of soccer increases. I’m sorry if I offended you.

I wonder what the average attendance is for all the P5 and G5 men’s collegiate soccer games over the past 5 years (Covid year excluded), or how many schools field soccer teams for that matter. What are the top 20 men’s programs in any classification in terms of home attendance?

Attendance of 1200? 1500? 3000? I really don’t know.

I’m not a soccer hater or a redneck soccer denier, and I actually think the sport is very cool at its highest levels, but I think that men’s (or women’s) college soccer is a LONG LONG way from being a revenue sport. As others have pointed out, the physical existence of a bunch of geezers between the ages of 68 thru 95 isn’t stopping college soccer from booming in attendance and in growth. Something else is doing that.

I wonder what the average attendance is for all the P5 and G5 men’s collegiate soccer games over the past 5 years (Covid year excluded), or how many schools field soccer teams for that matter. What are the top 20 men’s programs in any classification in terms of home attendance?

Attendance of 1200? 1500? 3000? I really don’t know.

I’m not a soccer hater or a redneck soccer denier, and I actually think the sport is very cool at its highest levels, but I think that men’s (or women’s) college soccer is a LONG LONG way from being a revenue sport. As others have pointed out, the physical existence of a bunch of geezers between the ages of 68 thru 95 isn’t stopping college soccer from booming in attendance and in growth. Something else is doing that.
It's called the offside rule. You can't forward pass in soccer and it kills all offense and potential excitement of the game.

I'm struggling with this "bonghorns" nickname. The implication that UT students are bigger stoners than CU studenta doesn't match my perception of the two student bodies.

That's bull****. The UT alums I know won't stop bitching about how pot isn't legal down there and always ask me for dispensary recommendations whenever they're up here.

It's called the offside rule. You can't forward pass in soccer and it kills all offense and potential excitement of the game.
You clearly don't understand the sport or tactics.
I see you’ve decided to branch out and post dumb shyt in other threads.
Meh..

Will you explain to me how that was offside? No! I’m asking you. Seriously! Explain offside to me. It makes no sense.” — Ted Lasso

I didn’t mean for this to be a mean comment, I was just saying how things are going when a population that hates soccer “goes away” the popularity of soccer increases. I’m sorry if I offended you.
It didn’t offend me, there just isn’t an actual correlation between people dying and the popularity of soccer increasing.

Think about it there is literally no one saying, “now that grandma and grandpa are dead I can finally watch soccer.”

It didn’t offend me, there just isn’t an actual correlation between people dying and the popularity of soccer increasing.

Think about it there is literally no one saying, “now that grandma and grandpa are dead I can finally watch soccer.”
What? The younger population already watches soccer and as they become a larger percentage of the population the ratings get bigger and bigger. It has been happening for a while now.

Now I'm torn. I mean, I hate boomers and I hate soccer. Can I do both or is that offside?
Interesting take Ken. What do you make of the theory that Gen Xers have a tendency to overvalue their capabilities and their accomplishments because their competition was light due to their small population? Not my belief necessarily, but I’ve heard it espoused from time to time.

Interesting take Ken. What do you make of the theory that Gen Xers have a tendency to overvalue their capabilities and their accomplishments because their competition was light due to their small population? Not my belief necessarily, but I’ve heard it espoused from time to time.
Sounds like a theory espoused by a millennial.

I feel as though my generation (Gen X) has underperformed in the global realm. I don't know any Gen X'er that feels as though our generation has contributed significantly - so I guess I would have to disagree with the assertion that we overvalue our accomplishments. What is your reference on this line of thinking?

I feel as though my generation (Gen X) has underperformed in the global realm. I don't know any Gen X'er that feels as though our generation has contributed significantly - so I guess I would have to disagree with the assertion that we overvalue our accomplishments. What is your reference on this line of thinking?
Just the occasional young person griping about Gen X-ers.

I played soccer when I was 10 years old in 1970. Everyone I knew played soccer. It was going to be the next big thing that was going to overtake baseball and football (sorry, American football) in popularity in the U.S. Then Pele came to play in the US and it's time had come, but that faded pretty quick. Professional leagues came and went while participation in the sport has continued to grow, but nobody wants to watch it no matter how many people kept saying it was the next big thing. Boomers grew up with soccer, we played soccer, we know soccer, and prefer not to watch it like most other Americans. When we are gone, that isn't going to change. So get the soccer ball off my lawn.

I played soccer when I was 10 years old in 1970. Everyone I knew played soccer. It was going to be the next big thing that was going to overtake baseball and football (sorry, American football) in popularity in the U.S. Then Pele came to play in the US and it's time had come, but that faded pretty quick. Professional leagues came and went while participation in the sport has continued to grow, but nobody wants to watch it no matter how many people kept saying it was the next big thing. Boomers grew up with soccer, we played soccer, we know soccer, and prefer not to watch it like most other Americans. When we are gone, that isn't going to change. So get the soccer ball off my lawn.
Boomers sucked at soccer. Real bad. It's not their fault really. No wonder they don't watch it.

Just the occasional young person griping about Gen X-ers.
I could see it in a specific field like IT where there were very few Boomers blocking the path to advancement coupled with incredibly high demand.

Back