What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official RPI Watch 2014-15

Mr. Poetl has an unfortunate face, but I'm not looking forward to facing him this year. Gonna be one hell of a war in the rockies.

Utah wins 69-68 in OT.

But man, Wichita St is poised on the road. You can't win every big top 25 road game but their poise away from home is 10x what we have and we're the ones who have the chances to gain experience in conference play while they face cupcakes. Yet in games like this or in March, it's Wichita who doesn't get rattled. And they made a Final Four when they were "young".

Edit:

UCLA up big late on Cal State Fullerton

Oregon State up comfortably late on Mississippi Valley State

Last edited:
Thursday:

George Washington vs UMBC: Cupcake game for GW. UMBC is 0-6.

Drexel vs University of the Sciences: U of Science is obviously not D1 and thus no RPI effect. I just find it funny.

DePaul @ Chicago St: Chicago St hasn't defeated a D1 opponent. DePaul should win with relative ease, but this is a road game and DePaul did lose to Lehigh by 12, so you never really can fully trust DePaul..

dD5PHiz.gif

5SbRsGm.gif

hIwhA.gif

In all seriousness, Utah is a good team, and their size in the paint hurt us bad. Poeltl is stupid good, and Delon is an operator of the highest quality.

With pipe dream rumors of ever joining a western conference, I will say that the 8 oclock local start making it a 10 oclock Wichita start was brutal. Tired as hell today.

Last edited:
For those of you not impressed with the shockers already, remember they were down 7 (!!!) with 90 seconds to go, on the road, to what i'm guessing was a gym full of crazies. Ended up tying and forcing OT.

the @utah game is going to be very difficult (again)

For those of you not impressed with the shockers already, remember they were down 7 (!!!) with 90 seconds to go, on the road, to what i'm guessing was a gym full of crazies. Ended up tying and forcing OT.

the @utah game is going to be very difficult (again)

Yeah, I honestly almost come away more impressed with Wichita than Utah. Wichita beats Utah anywhere but SLC. Not taking anything away from Utah, our chances of winning in SLC aren't good, but Wichita is going to be a straight bitch to face on a neutral court if we make it that far.

Utah's Loveridge is out for a month, maybe more, with knee surgery. We play them there on Jan 7th.

Drexel's got its hands full with U of Sciences. Down 45-44 with 5:04 left to play.

GW routed UMBC, as expected.

Drexel... oh, my. Lost to U of Sciences. At home. Would it be an over-reaction by the AD to fire the coach for that? I'm not so sure.

(FYI - U of Sciences is a D2 pharmacy college in Philadelphia. When I was a teenager & college student in the 80s and 90s, they had a rep as one of the best basketball programs at that level. Not sure if they still do. Regardless, there's no excuse.)

It doesn't count against our RPI, though, correct? Because they are not D1?

Correct. It would look awful on Drexel's bubble resume if they turned things around and won 20 games or something, but that's the only impact that loss has. Only D1 opponents factor into RPI.

Sure sets U of Sciences up well for the upcoming crucial swing stretch of Nyack, Goldley-Beacom, and Georgian Court, though.

DePaul won 84-60 at Chicago State. And before someone wets their pants, Chicago St is 0-7 against D1 competition.

Friday:

Wyoming @ SMU: First time away from Laramie for the Pokes. SMU has struggled more than expected and has yet to gel, but this is solid opposition for Wyoming. Let's see what Wyo is made of when not at 7,000 feet.

Auburn vs Coastal Carolina: Auburn hasn't played a home game since Nov. 21. Time for Auburn to get some home W's.

SMU closed strong. Wyoming had a small lead through the beginning parts of the 2nd before falling 53-66.

Here is a perfect example of how dumb RPI is sometimes. Last night, I witnessed Georgia State destroy the #1 RPI team in the country.

Here is a perfect example of how dumb RPI is sometimes. Last night, I witnessed Georgia State destroy the #1 RPI team in the country.

That's why we haven't posted actual RPI ranks yet. I'll probably start on Monday since just about everyone will have 7 or more D1 opponents in the books and it will start making a bit of sense.

That's why we haven't posted actual RPI ranks yet. I'll probably start on Monday since just about everyone will have 7 or more D1 opponents in the books and it will start making a bit of sense.

I know that it is early and that probably had more to do with it, but I believe that Wisconsin Green Bay was actually supposed to be a good mid major. What's weird is that we have a home and home with them this year.

Back