What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official RPI Watch 2014-15

Saturday:

Arizona St @ Texas A&M: I know the general consensus is that ASU is awful and they very well may be. However, they haven't done anything yet to actually verify that in the loss column. Lost close games to a decent Maryland side and a mediocre Alabama side on neutral courts and beat their cupcakes (albeit not always in pretty fashion). If they were to win in College Station it would be more proof that while they aren't very good, they aren't Wazzu or Oregon St levels of bad, either.

Washington St vs UTSA: Cougs are making a case for being the worst team in any major conference after another embarrassing loss, this time to Idaho. A loss in this one might cement that status.

Lipscomb vs Tennessee State: I've actually seen Tennessee St this season when they faced UVA. They are godawful. Lipscomb needs to win this one at home.

#3 Arizona vs #9 Gonzaga: An Arizona home loss here would be a big blow for the Pac. This looks like it could be Gonzaga's best team yet early on. I'm sure they're going to come to play. As much as I despise Arizona fans, this conference needs this win. Arizona losing top 5/10 status is not a hit this league wants to take given shortcomings elsewhere OOC.

Oregon State @ Portland: Says a lot about our conference when Oregon St - who is not our worst team - is an 8 point underdog at Portland, a mid-tier WCC side.

Did that dude ASU had last year go pro, the one that could fill it up? Forgot his name.

They lost the PG, Jahii Carson along with Bachynski (the big shot blocker) and the wing who transferred in from Penn State and was the #2 scorer (forget his name). You're probably thinking of Carson, who decided to go to the NBA after his soph year -- and went undrafted. I think he's in Australia now.

They lost the PG, Jahii Carson along with Bachynski (the big shot blocker) and the wing who transferred in from Penn State and was the #2 scorer (forget his name). You're probably thinking of Carson, who decided to go to the NBA after his soph year -- and went undrafted. I think he's in Australia now.

Doing it big. Wollongong Hawks.

That's who it was, completely forgot his name.

Gonzaga is showing the blueprint for how to give yourself a chance against Arizona. (Same way teams defend CU, fwiw.)

[tweet]541365453357334528[/tweet]

Zona & Zags tied at 27 at the half.

Also, we keep ignoring Ohio (assumption that we'll play GW in the 2nd round of Maui). Ohio lost at home to a good St. Bonaventure squad today, falling to 2-3 on the year. They're pretty bad.

I just can't fully bring myself to pull for Arizona anymore. If they win, good news for the Pac. If they lose, their insecure trolls cry themselves to sleep. Win/win.

I just can't fully bring myself to pull for Arizona anymore. If they win, good news for the Pac. If they lose, their insecure trolls cry themselves to sleep. Win/win.

Yeah. I don't root for them in the OOC. I don't root for them either. Just kind of watch to see what they've got.

Up 64-60 in OT now.

What a horrible foul call against Arizona.

Now I have a rooting interest. Hoping Zags don't make the 3 FTs.

Poetic justice. Dude airballed the 1st, then bricked the 2nd and had to intentionally brick the 3rd.

:lol:

Nice wins over Gonzaga and SDSU by a combined 5 points, for sure (I'm being serious. Both the Zags and SDSU are very, very good this year) But when a team wins a home game like this in OT, it's often hard for me to really say "they're the better team".

Last edited:
Oregon St wins @ Portland in OT 65-58. Actually, a decent win for the Beavs all things considered. Portland was 6-1 and playing at home. Any road win is a good win

Oregon St wins @ Portland in OT 65-58. Actually, a decent win for the Beavs all things considered. Portland was 6-1 and playing at home. Any road win is a good win

OSU is bad, but they don't beat themselves. They shouldn't hurt the conference profile this year despite the deep rebuild.

OSU is bad, but they don't beat themselves. They shouldn't hurt the conference profile this year despite the deep rebuild.

It's going to take me a while to get used to seeing this associated with OSU basketball nowadays. Robinson era scarred me.

Sunday:

Our Buffs (5-1) are @ Georgia (4-3). Dawgs are favored by 4. There's not much respect for CU right now after the Wyoming incident and deservedly so. Road game 2,000 miles away with an early start. Georgia's record isn't pretty, but they've played a tough schedule that includes losses to Gonzaga (by 12) and Minnesota (by 4) both on neutral courts. We could really use this win as I believe our OOC situation is on shaky ground right now. Hoping we see "Buffs on a mission" and not "Buffs sleepwalk through road loss".

Northern Colorado (4-2) @ Colorado State (7-0): Both are upcoming opponents for CU. CSU's record is impressive but it hasn't exactly been against a gauntlet of quality competition. Rams are favored by 14. Should be 8-0 heading into the Keg.

DePaul (5-1) vs Milwaukee (4-4): The mystery of DePaul continues. Are they the 15 point winners over Stanford or the 12 point losers to Lehigh? Reality is surely somewhere in the middle. DePaul favored by 7 here.

George Washington (4-2) vs Charlotte (4-3): This will be a decent test for GW. Charlotte is no slouch, they do have wins over South Carolina and Penn State and lost to ranked Miami by 3 (albeit on their second game against Miami). GW favored by 7.5.

Cal (6-1) @ Nevada (2-5): Nevada is awful, but this has to be viewed as a semi-dangerous game for Cal given that Cal needed 2OT to beat Montana in their previous game and let a bad Fresno St squad hang around with them before that. Cal is favored by 5.

Oregon (5-2) vs Ole Miss (5-2): Looks like a pretty even match up to me. Ole Miss is inconsistent, though, and coming off a demoralizing home loss. Ducks have the edge at home. 7 point favorites. Type of game the Pac needs to start winning.

San Francisco (4-3) vs Houston Baptist (3-2): Dons should be able to take these guys. Houston Baptist has only played 3 games against D1 competition so it's hard to get a read, but unless USF is hungover from the CU loss, they should win at home with relative comfort.

USC (5-3) vs Utah State (3-3): USU is supposed to be down this year, but they have played Mississippi State and BYU pretty tough. Trojans have suddenly won 3 in a row, including a beatdown of New Mexico in the Pit. Is USC starting to gel? Trojans are 4.5 point favorites.

UCLA (6-2) vs San Diego (4-4): Toreros are a middle of the pack WCC team. Not unlike USF, probably. Type of team UCLA should beat easily but if they're caught sleeping it could be close. Bruins favored by 9.5

Washington (6-0) vs #13 San Diego State: We finally get to see Washington against solid competition. If the Huskies win this, it'll be officially time to recognize them as a legitimate top half Pac squad that stands a great chance of Dancing (SDSU would be an excellent resume pelt). If the Huskies get drubbed, it will be strong evidence they were a mediocre team who was a beneficiary of a weak schedule to start the season. SDSU beat Utah by 4 at home and lost to Arizona by 2 in Maui. They're favored by 1.5 at Washington.

Wyoming (7-1) vs Regis: Non D1 opponent so no RPI effect. This is now the 2nd time Wyoming will be facing non D1 competition. Pokes played SMU tough before falling late. They're @ Cal next, I'm intrigued by that one.

UNC 28 - CSU 29 at half. Rams are wearing what may be the ugliest peach uniforms I've ever seen. (on ROOT)

DePaul up 14 on Milwaukee, early in the 2nd half.

GW in a war with Charlotte. Even at near the end of the 1st.

CSU beat UNC 66-58, so lambs will be bringing their 8-0 record into the Keg.

DePaul beat Milwaukee 83-61.

George Washington beat Charlotte 78-70

Last edited:
Back