What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practices Thread

A couple interesting takes from this article https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/3/10/...opment-of-offensive-line-will-be-crucial.aspx

One is that is sounds very definite that Fillip is back and fully in their plans.

Second is that Kanan Ray is back from his injury and "Cleared for full participation in the Spring." Need both those guys to step up for us at the OT position for this year and the next couple of seasons.

Good news on both, but think Ray is going to end up at guard, so we will be walking the tight rope at tackle again this season.

I think you are correct but worst case scenario he is a good enough athlete to fill in on the outside. Ray, Fillip, and Sherman as young guys are all better athletes than the majority of the guys they were bringing in under MM on the OL.

Surprised that didn't happen sooner. Taylor is not big enough to accel at the next level at LB. He's the fastest guy on the team in a straight line, and it's not close.

For me I wonder if the culture of hard nosed SEC football will take hold quickly or not. We had enough talent last year to be Bowl eligible but lacked the fire (and coaching...particularly on O).

A couple interesting takes from this article https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/3/10/...opment-of-offensive-line-will-be-crucial.aspx

One is that is sounds very definite that Fillip is back and fully in their plans.

Second is that Kanan Ray is back from his injury and "Cleared for full participation in the Spring." Need both those guys to step up for us at the OT position for this year and the next couple of seasons.
The "others returning" section is basically all guys I don't expect to ever play a down...and Kitsch.

The "others returning" section is basically all guys I don't expect to ever play a down...and Kitsch.

I think our starters this year are going to be better than last but you and @Duff Man are right. We need to hope that our front line guys stay healthy because it isn't to far down the depth chart before we start playing MWC or FCS level guys.

Trenches are obviously where the game is won, but I'm interested in the how the backend will look. I think there is talent in the backend but much of it is untested. I'm a big fan of Taylor but I don't think he has the hips for safety, which probably means that he will be all conference there. You're welcome.

I think you are correct but worst case scenario he is a good enough athlete to fill in on the outside. Ray, Fillip, and Sherman as young guys are all better athletes than the majority of the guys they were bringing in under MM on the OL.
I feel obligated to point out that all three of those guys were brought in by MM and his staff.

Good news on both, but think Ray is going to end up at guard, so we will be walking the tight rope at tackle again this season.
He has to be able to play both IMO. Fillip likely staying helps but we still need Ray, Sherman and Moretti to be able to step in if injuries hit.

I feel obligated to point out that all three of those guys were brought in by MM and his staff.

They were, they were also too little too late.

My point was that they weren't representative of that staff's OL recruiting.

Our depth chart has been full of "developmental" guys who never did.

For me I wonder if the culture of hard nosed Buffs football will take hold quickly or not. We had enough talent last year to be Bowl eligible but lacked the fire (and coaching...particularly on O).
Fify. As long as they quit playing Pac12 patty cake football, it’s a step in the right direction.

Good to hear about Ray. Have they had any announcement about Moretti, or is it just assumed that he is a full go?

Back