What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practices Thread

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
We are ten days out from the first practice under the new staff.

What are you hoping to learn from this spring? Obviously, most stuff will be sorted out in August, but this spring is still important under a new coaching staff.

Also, we have to keep Mustafa out of the NT slot. I heard some talk (247?) of possibly sliding him over if we have to. We have to avoid that at all costs and let Mustafa get free like he was last year. He is too good at getting in the backfield to just let him eat up blockers up the middle.

This means Sami, Jauntavius Johnson, or Janaz Jordan better be the real deal. My prediction is Johnson wins the job and is spelled by Sami.

1. No injuries
  2. I see this Spring as our first real glimpse of what Tucker's culture is going to look like (I don't think we'll see O/D schemes revealed as much as we like). We saw some of it during recruiting, and we know that practices will be more open, but we know that he wants to emulate the SEC in many ways, so that would translate into the Spring Game being a big, competitive event, not just a glorified Field Day. I also want to see if the AD is backing Tucker on his vision.

We are not going to learn much about the DL without two potential key contributors on campus yet.

I think this is the spring for a backup QB to make some noise. Also interested to see who emerges in the secondary with Miller out.

Like everyone else, curious to see how the lines look. But I think my biggest concern is if we can have production out of the backfield. If the offense becomes too one-dimensional because the run game is non-existent, that is big trouble.

My sister actually recently started working for the AD and I am happy to report that by all accounts, it will be a real spring game. That's what the players are under the impression of.
That’s great news. Thanks. MM had plenty of failings- as we all do - but perhaps the one that annoyed me the most was his insistence on NOT having a real spring game. As if an extra day of Oklahoma drills in the stadium in March was going to be the difference between winning and losing a game in October.

That’s great news. Thanks. MM had plenty of failings- as we all do - but perhaps the one that annoyed me the most was his insistence on NOT having a real spring game. As if an extra day of Oklahoma drills in the stadium in March was going to be the difference between winning and losing a game in October.
It did make for interesting speculation. Which group was least interested in the Spring “game”, the players or the fans?

Last edited:
The other thing is, I hope to learn that we shedded the semi- 'good guys in bow ties' feel from the MM era in favor of totally embodying a 'bat**** nasty bad asses' feel on the field. I'd love to see us bring the opposition to their knees, and then bury them 6 feet under while we pillage their choice recruits because we made them look like west coast wusses.

Which positions groups continue to be a weakness.
Which young guys are stepping up immediately
How MT’s guys look that he recruited personally
New schemes and what offense will be
How the team overall looks physically and if they seem to have an edge as MT spoke of
Who will be sent packing.

If I remember we’re at 93 and need to have 8 leave?

My sister actually recently started working for the AD and I am happy to report that by all accounts, it will be a real spring game. That's what the players are under the impression of.
Is her name “Butter?”

I want to see well run, highly organized practices with a purpose.

Back