What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practices Thread

Is that you, Confucius?
tenor.gif

If you do not give your backups any opportunity to develop, do not be surprised when they do not develop.
Plenty of reps available with 2s when they are running 2 units of O hurry up against D1s. Or reps on the other end when 1s are running RZ. They can get reps. It just doesn’t have to be an expense of QB1 trying to learn new schemes, checks, installs, etc.

If you do not give your backups any opportunity to develop, do not be surprised when they do not develop.
The issue is giving that player meaningful snaps. The thought you should just give the backup snaps regardless of situations and games is the problem. MM obviously failed in this area

Plenty of reps available with 2s when they are running 2 units of O hurry up against D1s. Or reps on the other end when 1s are running RZ. They can get reps. It just doesn’t have to be an expense of QB1 trying to learn new schemes, checks, installs, etc.

A simplified offense is going to help Montez more than anything.

Noyer has been beyond terrible when given a chance in games. He looked good in the spring, but that was against walk-ons and knowing he won't get hit. His biggest issue seems to be mental, which is no good for a QB. It took one spring for Lytle to become the back-up. I don't know if we know enough about Lytle yet, though. I am scared to death that people actually want to work Noyer into games. That is a great way to lose a game you should win.

I am not advocating for Noyer, but we are criticizing his limited play under the lasy staff...a staff that was fired due to poor O production, poor O-line play, poor ability to adjust to Viska being out, lack of creativity on O, lack of player development, and general bad decisions. Doesnt seem fair.

The QB coaching hasn't been the problem. We can fault Lindgren as an OC and recruiter, but he was decent at QB coaching. As was Roper.

our offense was so simple last year that as soon as we lost the top receiver in college ball and started to face p5 defenses, we stopped winning entirely.

and, i think no matter what the offensive philosophy is this year, if we want to win a few games, we're going to see the ball going to where we are best-- the wideouts. we're not a power offense just because we say we are a power offense. it will take time to get the right guys in place at TE, RB, and OL.

as for usc, they are deserving of fusker level hatred.

as for the qbs and backups, i think a few things may happen this year-- when/if montez makes a bad mental error, i think he'll get pulled for a series or more depending on the game situation. i think that will be true across the board at all positions even though our backups and depth aren't aways where they are supposed to be.

The worst play I saw in the spring was Akil Jones sucking up and taking himself totally out of the play on the Mangham inside TD. Atrocious.

Last edited:
Thought Dante Sparaco looked very serviceable at DE in the Spring game and the DL is in critical need of some depth/rotation players. . Do we know if got a waiver or he'll have to sit out this season yet?

Thought Dante Sparaco looked very serviceable at DE in the Spring game and the DL is in critical need of some depth/rotation players. . Do we know if got a waiver or he'll have to sit out this season yet?

Sparaco is a walk on transfer from Montana State. Rule changes in effect now no longer require a year of ineligibility for players paying their own way. Below is a link summarizing the rule changes. Dante can play this year.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/4/19/18507881/ncaa-transfer-rules-changes-decisions

Last edited:
Sparaco hasn’t played at the same school for consecutive years over a six year span now. He hardly played at MSU last year, maybe he was injured, but nothing says he’ll be anything more then a depth piece in practice. Maybe some special teams?

Sparaco hasn’t played at the same school for consecutive years over a six year span now. He hardly played at MSU last year, maybe he was injured, but nothing says he’ll be anything more then a depth piece in practice. Maybe some special teams?

I agree that expectations should be low, but for a non-scholarship player, there’s zero risk involved. The one element that may make the case for optimism is that Sparaco is finally playing at his correct position instead of OLB. If he gives CU a few snaps here and there, that’s a win.

I hate USC more than I hate the cornshuckers.
Mainly because the cornshuckers are irrelevant now.

After watching CU beat those Cornholers on the road last night and feeling all that bottled up hate for anything Nebraska flow through those veins, I just cannot get myself to hate U$C.

You should banish yourself to Nebraska until September and then you will realize no PAC team can possibly garner that much hate from CU fans. Not even CSU can get that haterd from us.

After watching CU beat those Cornholers on the road last night and feeling all that bottled up hate for anything Nebraska flow through those veins, I just cannot get myself to hate U$C.

You should banish yourself to Nebraska until September and then you will realize no PAC team can possibly garner that much hate from CU fans. Not even CSU can get that haterd from us.
I don’t have hatred toward any Pac 12 program except Oregon. Talk about a program born on 3rd base that think they hit a triple.

I don’t have hatred toward any Pac 12 program except Oregon. Talk about a program born on 3rd base that think they hit a triple.

UW for me. Those assholes in Seattle have an arrogance about them, completely unearned. They act as if Seattle is the greatest place on earth as if not seeing the sun 300+ days a year is mentally and physically healthy. I never cared for Pederson either, he fits perfectly with the dog crap in the PNW.

Oregon and Washington fans are annoying as hell and it is funny that they hate each other. ASU is the program I hate the most in the conference though, no doubt about that one. Everyone else is usually fine but Utah fans can be a pain in the ass because I think they know Denver is better than SLC and like to talk **** to us for some reason.

Either way there is no way any of them will catch Nebraska for most hated team.

Everyone else is usually fine but Utah fans can be a pain in the ass because I think they know Denver is better than SLC and like to talk **** to us for some reason.

Denver? What does that have to do with college towns? **** Denver. It’s Boulder!

Back