What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practices Thread

Udoffia practicing some at Safety seems like a good fit. Udoffia and Rakestraw at Safety?
Thought we were thinner at CB than at S. Maybe just due to all the spring injuries at S?

Or is that a sign that Abrams, Wigley, Blackmon (x2), and Miller have passed up Udoffia at corner?

I don’t think it’s out of the question for Taylor to be considered a starting Safety in the base defense. Him shifting to the hybrid spot is inevitable, but I think we could easily see him as a traditional Safety

Thought we were thinner at CB than at S. Maybe just due to all the spring injuries at S?

Or is that a sign that Abrams, Wigley, Blackmon (x2), and Miller have passed up Udoffia at corner?
I think Udoffia could be a nice stop-gap while Perry gets more experience

Who do you see starting on the outside opposite Viska? Arias or Nixon?
Right now K.D. Nixon and Tony Brown are running with the ones on the outside. I think the hierarchy right now goes 1.) Shenault 2.) Nixon 3.) Brown 4.) Arias. Shenault is likely NFL bound after this coming season and Brown is a senior... would not be surprised if Arias is their top outside option in 2020.

Udoffia practicing some at Safety seems like a good fit. Udoffia and Rakestraw at Safety?
Those are the top guys right now along with Isaiah Lewis, but Hasaan Hypolite is limited this spring. Could definitely see him taking a starting spot once he is healthy... Hypolite is a very physical player that would seem to fit well into a Mel Tucker defense. The staff is very excited about Mark Perry's potential coming in, too. And don't forget about Aaron Maddox... he shined in the nickel back role late last season and is also limited this spring due to injury. Not sure if they'll put him on the backend or keep him in that nickel role, but he'll be hard to keep off the field.

Last edited:
on paper, our Buffs ought to be good at wr, but sure didn't look that great (other than kd) after viska went down last season. i am interested to see who wins PT after those 2-- interesting to hear brown and arias are running neck and neck.

on paper, our Buffs ought to be good at wr, but sure didn't look that great (other than kd) after viska went down last season. i am interested to see who wins PT after those 2-- interesting to hear brown and arias are running neck and neck.
Arias and Stanley both played well against UW and then both kind of disappeared. I think about that game a lot. So winnable.

Dudes definitely looking bigger this year.
This is not a disagreement or meant to be any kind of sharp response, but I honestly think we have heard that same thing several times in the spring over the last 4 or 5 years. I don't know that it has ever been true or not true. Honestly I think it would be good if our lines were bigger, but I actually care about whether guys can move the Oldsmobile. I don't care if they are, or look, fat, or skinny or whatever. Just get some guys that can move Oldsmobiles and we can at least get a yard when we need one.

This is not a disagreement or meant to be any kind of sharp response, but I honestly think we have heard that same thing several times in the spring over the last 4 or 5 years. I don't know that it has ever been true or not true. Honestly I think it would be good if our lines were bigger, but I actually care about whether guys can move the Oldsmobile. I don't care if they are, or look, fat, or skinny or whatever. Just get some guys that can move Oldsmobiles and we can at least get a yard when we need one.

But that's the whole point. Guys playing at well under 300 has not worked. We need them to bigger weight wise. Full stop.

Look at the lines of Washington and Utah, relevant considering they played for the conference championship last season.

I was told the OL in 2017 was "one of the best we've had around here in a while". Was that wrong?

2nd day in a row that football players are playing hoops at the rec center.

Viska looks as ripped as ever, but has a terrible shot!
Not fair to Viska. Simply suggesting that there’s a gap between being one of the best football players in the country and picking up a game of basketball.

Not fair to Viska. Simply suggesting that there’s a gap between being one of the best football players in the country and picking up a game of basketball.
Random cool story, bro from me:

I used to play basketball with and against Jordon Vaden all the time before he went to CSU. During breaks, he’d come back to Thornton and would go to the rec center on pick-up nights. He was really athletic but not particularly skilled. One year, he came back and brought Kapri Bibbs with him. I’ll never forget how funny it was seeing Bibbs play basketball against average joes. 5’9”ish and dribbled the ball like Stanley from The Office, but my word he’d bump someone and send them flying out of the way. On that same note, I don’t think I’ve ever played basketball with someone who is ripped with muscles AND had any kind of jump shot.

Last edited:
Random cool sorry, bro from me:

I used to play basketball with and against Jordon Vaden all the time before he went to CSU. During breaks, he’d come back to Thornton and would go to the rec center on pick-up nights. He was really athletic but not particularly skilled. One year, he came back and brought Kapri Bibbs with him. I’ll never forget how funny it was seeing Bibbs play basketball against average joes. 5’9”ish and dribbled the ball like Stanley from The Office, but my word he’d bump someone and send them flying out of the way. On that same note, I don’t think I’ve ever played basketball with someone who is ripped with muscles AND had any kind of jump shot.
Kind of like Jokic?

Glad they see Ray at Tackle. And Tchangam is jacked
If Tchangam has an ounce of talent in relation to playing OLB, he is going to be a huge problem. About as physically gifted as we have seen around here in quite some time.

I doubt that is the last of the experimentation at center.
I would imagine that Tucker agrees with the scouts about Lynott's position at the next level. Question is whether or not he can cleanly snap the ball. If I remember correctly, the few games he has been at center have been adventurous at times.

Getting your best 5 on the field with everyone healthy includes Lynott at Center.
Maybe. Depends on who the Guards are in that scenario. If Moretti and Sherman at the Guards, I would agree.

This looks down right nasty on paper, but requires a fully healthy Moretti.
LT - Hambright
LG - Moretti
C - Lynott
RG - Sherman
RT - Ray

If Fillip can keep putting on weight and progress, that goes a long way in giving them a swing Tackle, with the ability to move Sherman to Tackle if needed as well. Pursell, Sauvao, Kutsch, and Roddick round out the two deep on the interior... On paper and fully healthy, the OL looks pretty serviceable.

Back