What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practices Thread

I would think all the incoming d linemen will play in the 4 games allowed now and will be used as the depth pieces. If any show enough to become a true rotational player this year it's a bonus for the team.

Tucker is used to heavy rotation on DL given his time at Bama and UGA. Will be interesting to see how he manages snaps at CU over time.

Yikes. Pretty anemic across the board except for Oregon. It'll be interesting to see what we draw while potentially competing with a Nuggets/Spurs game 7 on the same day and maybe an Avs game, too.

Yikes. Pretty anemic across the board except for Oregon. It'll be interesting to see what we draw while potentially competing with a Nuggets/Spurs game 7 on the same day and maybe an Avs game, too.

FHCMM just about killed it for us treating it with the same anticipation as one would an IRS tax audit.

Makes no sense why we (and other schools) don't do what they can to make it more of an event. Spring sports normally don't draw a lot of people and generate even less revenue. Give the fans something to look forward to in the middle of spring.

Do it right and you can generate some season ticket sales and build loyalty to the school and the program. Give the fans a "game" to see, at the same time promote other sports, sell some concessions, and maybe even generate some donations.

At the same time put on a show for recruits and reward the players for working hard all spring.

I don’t know how you fix this from a conference standpoint. Even 35k for Oregon is pretty lackluster compared to SEC/BIG programs. It just highlights the root of the issue with the Pac 12, and that’s west coast fan apathy.

I don’t know how you fix this from a conference standpoint. Even 35k for Oregon is pretty lackluster compared to SEC/BIG programs. It just highlights the root of the issue with the Pac 12, and that’s west coast fan apathy.

To select SEC/BIG programs. That number is basically a fringe top ten number.

To select SEC/BIG programs. That number is basically a fringe top ten number.
Fair enough. The 2018 numbers had 5 SEC programs in the top 10, which was rounded out by A&M at 48k. Haven’t seen updated top 10 numbers for this year, but I’ll concede that Oregon will likely be fringe top; likely top 15. Regardless, that’s one program in the conference and nobody else is remotely close. Point being, the fan interest in college football just isn’t there on the West Coast, and that is the underlying issue, IMO.

Fair enough. The 2018 numbers had 5 SEC programs in the top 10, which was rounded out by A&M at 48k. Haven’t seen updated top 10 numbers for this year, but I’ll concede that Oregon will likely be fringe top; likely top 15. Regardless, that’s one program in the conference and nobody else is remotely close. Point being, the fan interest in college football just isn’t there on the West Coast, and that is the underlying issue, IMO.

I just get tired of the "anything remotely involved with the Pac-12 is super ****ty" narrative. I see it in NFL draft write ups.

Those numbers (notably ASU) are ugly, but that is a good number for Oregon and it shows in their recruiting momentum.

I just get tired of the "anything remotely involved with the Pac-12 is super ****ty" narrative. I see it in NFL draft write ups.

Those numbers (notably ASU) are ugly, but that is a good number for Oregon and it shows in their recruiting momentum.
Agreed, but I don't think that really changes anything that I said

Its not going to change either. West Coast people have way different priorities than people in the Midwest and Southeast, and sports aren't high on the list.

It seems Tucker is throwing big bodies at the position and hoping for the best.
I prefer that, have a big bodied guy that will take effort for an OL to move over a 225 pound OLB getting moved there and mauled every play because there is no one else.

Counting Crows would be sweet. A popular local band could work really well. Boulder produced Big Head Todd and The Samples in the same time period, ~30 years ago. Seems like nothing has came out of Boulder since....but again, I am long removed from that scene.

When you stop to think of all the things they could do, but don’t, it begins to have the appearance that they really don’t want to make this a big deal.

Free via @BuffStampede

Q: Which player have you seen take the biggest jump through these 13 spring practices?
A: "Jalen Sami from day one to now, to me, has jumped out the most. When I came out in January, Jalen was still coming off of a knee injury. To have the emotional intelligence and toughness he is playing with, to be able to play nose and tackle and some end, I like the way he is playing. Obviously he has been blessed with some unbelievable size and a great amount of strength and explosiveness. The way he is playing right now, he is by far the player that jumps out the most."

Q: Which player has been the most consistent in your safeties group this spring?
A: "That guy right there (pointing to Derrion Rakestraw), without a doubt. The thing that he has really improved the most on is his ability and his willingness to tackle. He has shown a lot of improvement in that. He has worked really hard at it the last three weeks to try to become a professional football player. He did a really nice job on Friday. He didn't have one missed tackle. Derrion, Davion Taylorand 'Slim' (Delrick Abrams Jr.) have been the three guys, to me, that have really stood out as far as really wanting to put in extra work. They ask me, 'Coach, can you make me a cut up I can watch on my own? Coach, is there paperwork you can leave me to look at tonight?' Those are the guys that continue to get better each day because those are the guys that are putting in the work on their own. They don't just leave here and shut it off. So those are the guys that have improved the most as a result of putting in the extra work."

Counting Crows would be sweet. A popular local band could work really well. Boulder produced Big Head Todd and The Samples in the same time period, ~30 years ago. Seems like nothing has came out of Boulder since....but again, I am long removed from that scene.
Off-topic, but I believe Rose Hill Drive is from Boulder as well.

Non-scholarship players do not have to sit a year after transfer.

Howell was asked about this in his chat. He said: I don't know at this point. The NCAA just announced some changes to the transfer rule on Friday and Dante is one who could be impacted. I asked CU, but was told they need to figure some things out first. Prior to this change, he would have had to sit out. This might allow him to play this year.

Back